Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Engineer and Developer
Yike started his career as a C/C++ developer for five years, then grew into a tester for 12 years. He enjoys coding-related tasks and always intends to make daily work more accessible with automation and CI/CD. He has gotten involved in various phases of SDLC and STLC and has hands-on experience with multiple automation frameworks and coding languages.
The most amazing...
...automation solution I've provided is for GUI testing based on Playwright; then, I led an offshore team to increase GUI automation coverage from 0 to over 90%.
Staff Quality Engineer and Test Lead
- Led an offshore team located in India to cover GUI testing.
- Established GUI automation framework based on Playwright and Python on Linux and integrated into Jenkins.
- Provided solutions for API performance testing based on Locust and integrated into Jenkins.
- Managed the initial study on security testing based on the scanner, Burp Suite, and Kali Linux.
Secure THL Online
- Established the Cypress and BDD-based framework architecture for automation from scratch for UI and API testing and integrated it into TeamCity for CI/CD.
- Defined the process and strategy for using and contributing to Cypress automation for quality engineers and developers.
- Introduced continuous deployment script based on Python and TeamCity API.
- Drove quality engineering best practices into the release process by leveraging CI/CD and shifting test left.
- Defined performance test matrix and test scenarios with input from product owners and business analysts.
- Set up a performance testing framework based on Locust and Python.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Refactored an existing SpecFlow and C# .NET Selenium WebDriver-based automation framework for UI testing to follow the POM model.
- Rewrote SpecFlow feature files and implementations to follow the best practice of Gherkin.
- Added localization support into the automation framework by redefining the folder structure and achieving polymorphism by redesigning class inheritance.
- Defined different levels of test cases with tags and integrated smoking level cases into a GitLab pipeline based on Kubernetes and Docker images.
- Investigated the evolution path to Cypress by rewriting existing Selenium WebDriver-based cases in Cypress and integrated them into a GitLab pipeline.
- Wrote JMeter scripts to cover Ascend API performance testing.
Staff Quality Engineer and Test Lead
- Led a quality engineering team of six people who tested VMTools' lifecycle.
- Defined an overall test strategy and wrote test plans for regression, portability, upgrade, Microsoft interop, and system testing for each release as the VMware Tools quality engineer owner.
- Drove the establishment of Java and TestNG-based framework for the CPQE group.
- Automated vSphere UI testing (VMware Tools related) with SpecFlow, Selenium, and C#.
- Refactored automation framework for portability testing based on Python to facilitate the expansion of test matrices.
- Led automation for VMware Tools topology test based on Kubernetes and Docker container.
- Set up a unified automation framework for VCVA to cover CAT, BAT, B2B, upgrade, regression, and IPv6 (PowerCLI, Shell, Expect, and Perl-based).
- Set up an automation environment for the SSTS test of VCVA (Ruby and Python-based).
- Set up an automation framework for the security scanner of Rapid7 and Nessus (PowerCLI and REST API-based).
- Developed features and fixed bugs in C/C++ related to TD-SCDMA RNC and RBS.
- Developed features and fixed bugs in Java for GPON EMS.
- Performed block-level test with Telelogic ITEX (TTCN driven), Purify, and PureCoverage.
Nyriad UltraIO GUI, API and SecurityTesting
THLDigital Cosmos Platform Testing
I was the quality engineer lead. I established a Cypress-based automation framework for GUI testing, a Locust-based framework for performance testing, and integrated it into TeamCity for CI/CD.
HenrySchein Ascend Testing
I focused on automation with SpecFlow and Selenium for GUI testing and JMeter for API performance testing.
VMware VMTools Testing
I lead the quality engineering team to take care of installation, upgrading, day0, Microsoft interop, topology, performance, stress, security, UAT, and component testing, including manual testing and automation.
• Development of TD-SCDMA RNC/RBS subsystem in C/C++
• Block Level testing with Telelogic ITEX (TTCN driven), Purify, and PureCoverage
SpecFlow, TestNG, Selenium, Cypress, Locust
Node.js, Jenkins Pipeline, Selenium WebDriver
Apache JMeter, VMware vSphere, Postman, TFS, GitLab CI/CD, Jira, TeamCity, Ansible, Docker Hub, GitLab
Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Automated Testing, Azure DevOps
Docker, Burp Suite, Blockchain
Software Engineering, QA Testing, Playwright, UI Testing, API Testing, Performance Testing, Software Testing Automation Framework (STAF), Manual QA, QA Automation, Real-time Operating System (RTOS), Web Security, AWS DevOps, Software Development, Cryptocurrency
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications - Beijing, China
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level - TA
Oracle Certified Professional and Java SE 8 Programmer