Chief Technology Officer2016 - PRESENTLottery.com
Technologies: React, Docker, MongoDB, Node.js, Kubernetes, GraphQL, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud)
- Managed and was responsible for the company's strategy for using technological resources.
- Migrated the project to React Native.
- Implemented Kanban and lean flows.
"Consultant CTO" | Engineer2016 - PRESENTFoodida
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), React, AWS
- Optimized their cloud infrastructure.
- Built a HTML5 app version of their product.
- Worked with React and HTML5.
- Maintained and fostered client relationships and performed consultancy management.
Engineering Consultant2015 - PRESENTMW Delivery
Technologies: iOS, Android, PHP
- Updated and rebuilt Android and iOS apps.
- Migrated a production web app to a new platform.
- Revamped a web platform by adding many new features.
- Did technical consulting and advising for the company, including IT-related tasks (mail migration, DNS migrations, and so on).
Chief Technology Officer2019 - 2022Growflow, Corp.
Technologies: Node.js, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, GraphQL
- Joined GrowFlow in June of 2019 to oversee the engineering and product teams building the suite of products at GrowFlow. Under my leadership, between 2019 and 2022, the team more than doubled in size while the company grew in revenue by 800%.
- Oversaw the creation of two new departments, support engineering and quality assurance, allowing the feature engineering team to dramatically improve the percent of their time spent moving the roadmap forward rather than on maintenance.
- Managed the consolidation of two codebases (one from an acquisition) into a single cohesive engineering team and a tech stack that operates as a platform with a modern architecture, a well-understood domain language, and best practices in CI/CD.
Engineer | Engineering Manager2016 - 2016OBeN
Technologies: Linux, PHP
- Managed a technical project with a client and an outsourced developer.
- Built a demo app to win a deal with a client.
- Managed the remote developer.
- Built a WeChat API.
Co-founder | CTO2014 - 2015Sticks and Brains
Technologies: Ejabberd, XMPP, Erlang, iOS, Android, Kubernetes
- Built the Erlang back-end for a mobile messaging app.
- Developed the Android client for the messaging app.
- Experimented and developed new features based on BLE, Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
- Updated and maintained the iOS app.
Entrepreneur in Residence2014 - 2014Tencent
Technologies: Data Analytics
- Developed internal processes for analyzing customer data.
- Created new product features.
- Developed and iterated a product road map.
- Planned product international expansion and exposure plans.
- Worked with senior management and VPs for product planning.
- Implemented A/B testing.
Co-founder | CEO | CTO2012 - 2013ZenReach
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Bash Script, Django, Python, iOS, Android
- Carefully selected and interviewed a team of approximately 15 people.
- Developed an initial Android app and web framework.
- Built an internal tool for testing company's software on hundreds of embedded devices.
- Managed the teams.
- Built and promoted company culture.
Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) | Associate Product Manager2010 - 2012
Technologies: Google Development Tools
- Led the SRE and DevOps team for a product with eight figures a year in revenue.
- Worked as a PM in advertising and cloud.
- Developed internal product dashboards in Google code base.
- Coordinated multiple teams across the country.
- Worked with sales and marketing to plan new product launches.
Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)2008 - 2010Invite Media
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, AMQP, Redis, Django, Python
- Developed, as an early engineer, a demand-side platform for the real-time bidding of display advertising.
- Contributed to the build of infrastructure automation and operations.
- Was involved with the server memory and performance profiling.
- Developed the operational alerting management.
- Implemented load balancing and worked on the global-scaling of the infrastructure.