Enterprise Client Services Director, Banking & Financial Services
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are seeking an experienced client success and services professional to lead an industry-aligned account portfolio within our Enterprise Client Services team.
As Enterprise Client Services Director, you’ll lead one of the most impactful groups within Toptal; one that serves as a driving force of our unprecedented growth and continued client success. You will be responsible for the team that cultivates strong and lasting, trusted relationships with our largest clients (e.g. Global 2000 and similarly sized private companies), focused on accelerating industry-specific solutions and outcomes.
In this role, you will be accountable for revenue growth, client satisfaction, and retention among other key success metrics. You will guide, coach, and develop a team of experienced Client Partners and Enterprise Account Managers to reach their peak potential and set strategies that will ensure each client is poised for success. You should be an extraordinarily creative, well-organized leader with a history of building and scaling high-performing sales, client services, and account management functions supporting enterprise business clients in the professional services space.
We are looking for pioneers that don’t join companies to ride a wave, instead, they show up to make an impact and leave their mark. Our top performers “lead from the front” and help their team achieve shared goals to win as one. Are you up for the challenge? This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in North America. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
You will partner with our Head of Enterprise Client Services to evaluate and evolve the team’s short-, medium-, and long-term strategy for establishing Toptal as an innovative disruptive provider of professional services talent within the enterprise domain. You’ll regularly meet with your team to review activity, guide further direction on target client portfolios, evaluate performance against goals, and develop coaching plans to ensure their success. It will be imperative to build deep and productive relationships with the cross-functional teams responsible for client delivery, ensuring cohesive partnerships, and timely pairing of resources with the needs of our clients. As a hands-on leader, you’ll be in the field building, maintaining, and growing C-level relationships with key executives within your team’s portfolio.
In the first week you will:
- Integrate into Toptal via our comprehensive, remote onboarding program.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Immerse yourself in the systems, processes, and tools that we utilize on a day-to-day basis.
- Shadow essential teams across Toptal to learn the core of our operations and capabilities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Meet 1-1 with Client Partners within your region to develop a comprehensive understanding of our enterprise client lifecycle, including new sales, delivery, relationship management, and account growth.
- Virtually attend client meetings to gain an insight into why clients choose Toptal, how they use our services, and identify key characteristics that signify a healthy account.
- Learn the business plan for your region and work with leadership to develop and revise the strategy as necessary.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Establish a working cadence with partners and your team members.
- Continue to craft and execute a regional strategy, including progress on target clients, financial projections, and hiring plans.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Assist Client Partners in establishing a base of new clients that will serve as the foundation for future growth.
- Work with your team to expand the scope of engagement(s) at existing accounts in your region, introducing new capabilities and offerings to your clients, while also increasing the scale of Toptal’s involvement at your team’s accounts.
In the first year, expect to:
- Have built a strong, high-performing region with incredible client accounts and a track record of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and positively engaged team members.
- Have built the foundation for an elite, high-performing team, while continuing to grow your region’s portfolio.
- 5+ years experience as a leader that has elevated the performance of Enterprise Client Partners/Account Managers within a technology-focused, high-performing professional services organization.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills with a proven ability to craft and support creative solutions rooted in data.
- Growth-driver, self-starter, and passionate about innovation - thrive when given freedom and accountability to lead an industry portfolio in alignment with the overall Enterprise business unit strategy.
- Believes in our mission and will do the work required in order to achieve that goal.
- Not reactive, but anticipates roadblocks, and thinks several steps ahead of a problem.
- Polished communicator with a demonstrated ability to form strong relationships, both internally and externally, despite our distributed workforce model.
- Collaborative. You are a force multiplier and can deftly build and lead a team of high performers.