Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
You will be responsible for creating, driving, and managing high-impact product initiatives to maximize growth. You will work with a high-energy team of engineers, designers, copywriters, data scientists, and growth experts to envision, plan, test, scale, and optimize large-budget initiatives designed to reach companies looking to hire elite software engineers.
This is a remote position, reporting to the VP of Products, that can be done from anywhere.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of new features and product initiatives.
- Drive product development with a fast-moving, cross-functional team.
- Establish a shared vision among product stakeholders by building consensus on priorities and features leading to launch and execution.
- Specify and research initiatives with extreme detail.
- Effectively use data and analytics to evolve and inform the direction of product development.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team on strategy.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Skype.
- 2+ years of experience in product management and a strong engineering background.
- Ability to quickly understand complex products and market dynamics and translate to clear, actionable specifications for product improvement.
- Be data-driven and extremely comfortable using tools like Tableau, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Optimizely, etc.
- Have a knack for creating simple and effective user interfaces and the ability to generate examples through mockups and wireframes.
- Have an extremely sharp eye for detail and a strong sense of what types of creative products will be both effective for conversion and representative of the Toptal brand.
- Be able to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Desire for candidates located in the European region.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
View the whole team →WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- With experience as a lead engineer at Fotolog (acquired by Hi-Media for $100m) and Slide (acquired by Google for $228m), as well as experience with his own start-ups, Taso brings top engineering knowledge and management experience to Toptal. While running a small engineering consulting firm, Taso recognized that while many of his co-workers overseas were just as good as his friends and colleagues at Google, Facebook, and other companies with distinguished engineering talent, it was simply very difficult for such companies to connect with the right engineers remotely. Toptal was thus created as a solution to the sky-rocketing demand for top engineers in Silicon Valley, the US, and Europe despite the shrinking local graduation rates of such engineers. Taso was recently selected by Forbes as one of its 30 under 30 in Enterprise Technology.
- As Toptal's VP of Product, Kleanthis is responsible for the evolution of Toptal's platform and associated products, working closely with Toptal's Operations and Engineering Teams to drive and support Toptal's hypergrowth by providing an amazing experience for our clients and talent. He specializes in online marketplaces, with diverse experience that includes time with multi-national companies like Microsoft and McKinsey, with early and late stage startups, and as a start-up founder himself. Kleanthis holds a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science and an MBA, starting his career as a software engineer before transitioning to strategy consulting and finally to product management, where he leverages technology and data to drive business impact.