Lead Editor, Growth & Events
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Lead Editor to work on our Growth and Events content. Reporting to the Head of Publications, this person will work closely with senior and executive leaders throughout Toptal on content such as articles, blog posts, ebooks, webinars, and event presentations. Are you passionate about producing high-quality content on the most important trends in business, technology, engineering, and the future of work for an elite audience of senior-level enterprise decision-makers and leaders? If so, we encourage you to apply!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Partner with our Growth Marketing and Events teams to define and execute the content strategy for each channel, establishing and maintaining an extremely high bar for quality.
- Identify and engage with our global network of top industry experts to write, edit, and curate in-depth, thought-leading articles and webinars on technical subjects intended to grow and nurture our business.
- Work with the Lead Editors on our vertical publications to identify and curate existing content for use in Growth Marketing or Events campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Events team to identify and prepare Toptal senior and executive leaders for presentations.
- Coordinate with the Design team to develop slide decks and event materials, when appropriate.
- Work with illustrators and photo experts to ensure that our articles feature compelling visuals.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn about Toptal’s Publications, Growth, and Events teams.
- Onboard onto the Publications team by working closely with the suite of resources available to you.
In the first month, expect to:
- Develop your first piece of content, focused on A+ topics that resonate with other experts.
- Work with experts from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends.
- Define what A+ content looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality standard.
- Define and execute the publication strategy for both channels.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Stay on the cutting-edge of industry trends, producing analysis on important developments and providing intelligence to the Toptal team by reviewing relevant content published by competitors and media outlets in the space.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Scale by onboarding additional editors to build up the cadence and visibility of our content.
- 5 to 7 years of experience working as a writer, editor, or content strategist in a marketing environment.
- Experience working with technical subject matter experts and a basic familiarity with software engineering and development concepts.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- Exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and an excellent command of the English language.
- Self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.