Product Manager (Salesforce)
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As part of Toptal’s internal Product team, you will be working closely with our Sales and Engineering teams to build effective Salesforce tools for our Client Services teams, and further develop the bespoke integration of the Toptal platform with Salesforce. Our SMB & Enterprise Sales teams are a critical force of our unprecedented growth, and we are looking for someone to identify and deliver product solutions that align with Toptal’s customer-centric strategy.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers and designers while working cross-functionally with business stakeholders and sales users to define, build, and launch mission-critical initiatives. We need someone to guide the team as they develop highly sophisticated features, collaborate to make challenging decisions, prioritize the right things, creatively solve problems, and ensure we are shipping exceptionally high-quality features.
If you have a knack for building high-quality, extremely impactful products, we want you on our team! Here is a great insight into how we run product at Toptal.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Own and lead all aspects of an established agile team, including backlog grooming, triage and prioritization, and cross-functional coordination.
- Responsible for defining the scope of development for new product features, ongoing feature improvements including management of all backlog and project management activities.
- Write and prioritize user stories and define acceptance criteria.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with internal and external partners.
- Analytical ability to break down complex problems and efficiently use data and analytics layered against high-quality user research to inform the direction of the product.
- Track progress, assess risks, coordinate delivery, and actively communicate contingency and mitigation plans for the team.
- Run various ad-hoc research and business analyses to assess opportunities and risks.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal while independently starting to study and learn the Toptal product suite.
- Become acquainted with your product area, the product goals, and those you will partner with.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work cross-functionally and with Senior PMs to organize and prioritize your high-level roadmap and backlog.
- Start collaborating closely with your development team.
- Take over all in-flight and planned initiatives.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Fully support a product category, working collaboratively to complete quarterly planning and set OKRs.
- Ship features that deliver high business impact.
- Be fully embedded into and own a development team.
- Monitor and measure the success of your initiatives against company goals.
- Continuously improve the team’s processes through meaningful contributions.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Work alongside Senior Product Managers to discover new product opportunities for your backlog.
- Develop a repeatable model for delivering upon our roadmap initiatives.
- Work across the Product team to measure and refine the roadmap, backlog, and processes to make improvements over time.
- Constantly re-evaluate your roadmap’s alignment with the strategic goals of the business, adjusting where necessary.
In the first year, expect to:
- Deliver on your roadmap priorities and promises.
- Ensure your team has an incredible record of building impactful products in a timely and elegant fashion.
- Work cross-functionally to scale your team to meet the growing needs of our business and our users.
- At least 3 years of proven software product management experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration.
- Comfortable working with SQL or spreadsheets to analyze data as well as conducting research through various discussions with customers and teammates.
- Strong understanding of web technologies, and APIs. Salesforce experience is a strong plus.
- Ability to creatively craft solutions through data and a customer-centric approach.
- Ability to build wireframes and mockups, with an aptitude for keeping things simple.
- Be meticulous and have a high bar for quality when writing user stories, reviewing designs, brainstorming technical approaches, and testing a feature before it is released.
- Be humble, willing to learn, and do whatever is needed to help us accomplish our goals.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally distributed teams and the ability to keep up with a fast-paced and global company.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.