Projects Enablement & Operations Specialist
Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As a Projects Operations and Enablement Specialist, you will be a valuable member of the Revenue Operations and Enablement team, responsible for supporting the Delivery Management team on their project engagements, and enabling ancillary team members with collateral required for team success. The role will report to the Head of Revenue Operations and Enablement and will work cross-functionally alongside a wide variety of teams within a hyper-growth company.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the world. Due to the remote nature of the role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
In this role, you will use your expertise and organizational skills to ensure the success of department key initiatives while supporting the mission and objectives of the company. Initial responsibilities include creating efficiencies for the department by developing and managing Toptal Projects’ training and onboarding materials, updating and scheduling Client and Talent surveys, tracking historical Projects data to analyze insights in order to improve Toptal’s service, and updating and enforcing consistency for the department’s internal documentation (notes, email templates, job descriptions, feedback, etc).
Ongoing, you will be responsible for determining and defining additional objectives, and finding opportunities for efficiency improvement in an effective manner. You will interface with leaders across the Projects department as well as with other teams. Your expertise in a variety of operational efficiencies will allow you to make strategic adjustments as needed and measure performance to identify areas for improvement. You will bring a strong framework for organization and attention to detail to all of your initiatives while supporting the Toptal Projects leadership.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision.
- Shadow key team members across the department to learn the core of Toptal’s Projects operations needs.
- Deep dive into understanding Toptal Projects and how it supports the overall company’s mission and objectives.
In the first month, expect to:
- Use your own operations expertise, create detailed plans for several initiatives including outlining all project tasks and dependencies.
- Monitor the workflows and playbooks of various Delivery Managers to identify inefficiency gaps.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Coordinate with the Head of Projects, Team Leads, and Delivery Managers to approve initiatives.
- Deliver a status report and a current state of Projects initiatives in an ongoing and agreed-upon cadence.
- Assist the Head of Projects to roll out new documentation standardization including updates to company-wide Projects training and new-hire onboarding materials.
- Update and set schedule for delivery of Client and Talent surveys; review and analyze feedback
- Update and enforce consistency and regular archival and maintenance for the department’s internal documentation and organization.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Go through deeper onboarding in key areas of the company that are of strategic importance.
- Experiment and learn rapidly as you build solutions, adapting your approach in real-time by leveraging your knowledge and contributing to OKR achievement
In the first year, expect to:
- Assist the Head of Projects, Team Leads, and Delivery Managers to drive results and operational excellence both within the Toptal Projects team and throughout the company.
- Measure the efficacy of your work, iterate, and improve.
- 2-3 years of project management and/or related operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to work with a wide range of stakeholders from senior executives to individual contributors.
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented. You are hyper-organized, know how to work efficiently, and prioritize execution.
- Resourceful. You should be a self-starter who thrives on the freedom and accountability that comes with managing your own workflow.
- Adaptable. Comfortable managing changing priorities, learning new skills, and building consensus across varied stakeholder groups.
- Ownership. You are a dependable team member who takes responsibility for your success as well as the success of the entire team.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- Experience working with distributed teams, including the ability to work effectively as a remote member of a dynamic, distributed team with tight deadlines.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.