Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As the SEO Manager, you’ll be a part of Toptal’s Growth team collaborating with one of three teams. You will specifically own multiple tactical SEO projects that will drive a significant impact on our business units. You will partner with all parts of the team, including SEO and Growth; as well as the design and engineering teams; to conceive and execute SEO initiatives to acquire more clients.
In any given week, you will spend your time leading the execution of these strategic SEO Projects, from leading SEO research, to project managing the deployment of new web pages. Thus, you should see yourself as an intrapreneur who makes things happen. Ultimately, success is defined by enterprise client acquisition via organic traffic from the strategic projects that you will lead. The role would suit someone with at least 2 years of project management for SEO projects.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Maintain ongoing SEO efforts to determine the viability of new initiatives.
- Perform analysis and support of new efforts.
- Determine viability of post-implementation success measurement on released initiatives.
- Build successful partnerships with all of the teams and freelancers that will be involved in each strategic project.
- Use data and analytics to support strategic and tactical initiatives and creation of project plans.
- Be in continual and punctual communication with the rest of the team via Slack and Zoom.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Meet with everyone that you’ll be working closely with.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of the teams, product, and business operations.
- Work closely with the Enterprise and Growth teams to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities you’ll be leading.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform & product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Take ownership of existing and future strategic projects.
- Work with the Director of SEO and VP of Growth Product to establish a project plan for the exploratory phases of your first few projects.
- Dive into how Toptal conducts SEO research.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Act as the POC/Owner of your SEO projects, coordinating the efforts from multiple teams while you ensure a fluid and direct communication with your managers.
- You will take projects to the next level. Whatever we initially thought was the best way to do things, you will reshape it. We expect you to challenge how we do things to make them better.
- Manage SEO Specialists and Data Analysts in support of existing and new initiatives.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Show significant progress in launching SEO assets for your strategic projects. You’ll start to see the impact your work is making.
In the first year, expect to:
- Be a success story in the Growth team. Exhibiting concrete bottom-line impact thanks to your projects. You’ll constantly be envisioning the next batch of even more ambitious projects to drive growth for Toptal Enterprise.
- Obsession for quality: Toptal has a very high bar for quality, and so, should you.
- Passion for SEO: you love to read about SEO and growth hacking in general. If you call yourself an SEO-nerd, extra points. You can talk to us through a number of approaches and tools for SEO. Moreover, we want to hear your prior SEO success stories.
- Proactive: this is a remote position that requires self-starters. No one will monitor if you’re working, but we need someone that will consistently contribute value and deliver on assignments.
- Autonomous: we will provide support and direction, but you will also self-manage your time, prioritizing the projects you have and understand when to seek clarity on what is most important or urgent. *Curious: you are curious about how things work and why. You are not satisfied with a superficial knowledge of how something works or why users take a certain action.
- Extensive experience with software for data, tracking, and analytics, including SEMRush and/or Moz Pro, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Keyword Planner, Google PageSpeed Insights, advanced Excel, etc.
- Experience working cross functionally and understanding how to draw the best from other teams.
- Knowledge of online marketing and web standard methodologies: you will have the opportunity to, and be encouraged to contribute ideas for new initiatives and experiments aligned to modern standard methodology digital marketing.
- Knowledge of user research: when you have a question or hypothesis, your reaction is analysis. You know when to use quantitative vs qualitative research or both together. You may have performed user interviews in the past or set up UX tests as experiments to get the answers you need.
- You have worked with engineering teams, SEO specialists, Data Analyst and Outreach teams and have written user stories or specification documents for them.
- Proven experience building high-quality outreach strategies for SEO.
- Comfortable with a high-paced, and often a rapidly changing environment, with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.