Los Angeles, CA, United States
Member since March 9, 2018
Aaron has a New Media Design MFA from AAU and has spent the past three years designing a high-growth SaaS enterprise app for Patch: a health-tech startup connecting financial and insurance accounts. He specializes in creating scalable, high-growth products for enterprise and consumer markets. He is also a member of the Design Leadership Forum with InVision working to bring design-thinking and leadership practicum to design communities.
- Principal Product Designer2015 - PRESENTPatch
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects
- Designed a web platform for healthcare providers from scratch that auto-optimizes payments and reimbursements by utilizing a patient's insurance benefits and financial accounts effectively.
- Within the web platform for healthcare providers, designed a dynamic and personalized reimbursement calculator tool for healthcare practitioners to help patients understand exact costs for services and materials.
- Within the web platform for healthcare providers, designed a completely paperless "smart" claim filing experience that eliminates re-work, auto-optimizes for maximum reimbursement, and checks for and corrects errors (eliminating a high-percentage of claim denials from insurance companies).
- Designed an eCommerce checkout experience UI kit for eCommerce partners to plugin Patch's API to auto-file claims for patient reimbursements upon completion of checkout.
- Designed a mobile web application for a healthcare providers' patients to "self-onboard" expediting the patient intake process.
- Lead Product Designer2013 - 2015Hulu
Technologies: Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InVision, Adobe After Effects
- Designed the Hulu streaming app for the new Apple TV (tvOS) hardware device.
- Designed the native Hulu video player experience for the app on Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox devices.
- Designed the Hulu content pages system for the Hulu streaming website for content including, movies, series, original content, and short-form content.
- Designed the in-app multi-plan purchasing experience for Hulu on Playstation, Xbox, and Roku platforms.
- Designed the premium add-ons experience (Showtime, HBO, and Cinemax) on Hulu for all 10-ft platforms (Playstation, Xbox, Roku, Apple TV, etc.).
- Design Director2012 - 2013Eyemagine
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Magento, eCommerce
- Art Directed and designed an award-winning mobile-responsive eCommerce website for a handbag company.
- Designed an award-winning eCommerce website for a portable Bluetooth speaker company.
- Designed a mobile app for Magento eCommerce administrators to manage and track sales, order processing, and shipping of their online inventory.
- Designed and prototyped a mobile responsive customizable eCommerce checkout experience plugin for the Magento marketplace.
- Designed a subscription-based eCommerce website for a tea-delivery service.
- Lead Interactive Designer2009 - 2012World Poker Tour Enterprises
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects
- Designed the online poker game, ClubWPT, for windows desktop.
- Designed the online blackjack game for windows desktop.
- Designed the website for streaming World Poker Tour tournaments and episodes.
- Designed the video player experience for WPT's streaming area of the website.
- Designed the poker player profile system on the WPT website.
- Interactive Designer2008 - 2009Cobalt
Technologies: Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects
- Designed interactive ads for Lexus, Toyota, Infiniti, and Volkswagen.
- Designed a web app for marketers to be able to customize and traffic their own digital ads.
- Graphic Designer2007 - 2008The Daily Journal Corp.
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Flash
- Designed the online magazine for California Lawyer magazine.
- Designed The Daily Journal marketplace feature of the corporate legal website.
- Art Directed the marketplace for 8K magazine and Daily Journal publications.
- Designer2005 - 2007O'Leary & Partners
Technologies: Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, AVID, Adobe After Effects
- Designed flash banners under the direction of a Sr. Art Director for Kawasaki motorcycles.
- Designed landing page for Kawasaki motorcycles.
- Designed interface elements and edited commercial spots for Fantastic Sams haircut.
- Continuing Education in Advanced Web Technologies2011 - 2012University of California, Los Angeles - Los Angeles, CA
- Master of Fine Art degree in New Media Design2009 - 2011Full Sail University - Winter Park, FL
- Master of Fine Art degree in Web Design & New Media2007 - 2009Academy of Art University - San Francisco, CA
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Advertising Design2003 - 2007Chapman University - Orange, CA