Verified Expert in Design
Panos is a designer with more than 10 years of in-house senior and lead roles in large tech companies, including Booking.com, Spotify, and H&M. He is experienced in end-to-end design from product discovery to UI and design systems, having designed B2C and B2B products for both mobile and web platforms. Panus combines qualitative (UX research) and quantitative (analytics, A/B testing) insights to design world-class experiences used by millions of people worldwide.
UX Design Manager
- Led one of the design system teams responsible for design libraries, iconography, motion, and visual assets.
- Led continuous improvement in ways of working and design operations to increase scalability and efficiency.
- Collaborated with the wider design system leadership on aligning across multiple departments.
Senior UX Designer
- Led the UX design for the area of electrification for upcoming car models.
- Contributed to the wider design system and ways of working to improve collaboration between teams.
- Participated in user research evaluating designs on a car rig.
Lead UI/UX Designer
- Led the UX for the evolution of an MVP-grade product by a small engineering team to a world-class service used by large tech and other Fortune 500 organizations.
- Built a design system used for both customer-facing and internal products.
- Increased the platform's usage for client project submissions from practically zero to 80%.
- Evolved the dashboard's product offering by performing research and working with clients to identify and design new features based on their customers' needs.
- Redesigned the internal platform, improved the UX and UI, researched the needs of the internal users, and proposed IA solutions to increase efficiency.
- Contributed to the company's rebranding, redesigned the marketing pages, and ensured the use of the newly built design system across all touchpoints.
Senior UX Designer
- Designed a new product for a new business vertical from idea to launch.
- Led the design across all stages of ideation, research, interaction design, prototyping, usability testing, user interface design, and creation of a design system.
- Traveled to New York City together with the team to perform guerrilla interviews, meet with supplier partners, and use and test the product.
- Acted as the concept lead for the "Bag" team, responsible for H&M's checkout process for web and apps.
- Researched and designed post-purchase experiences to strengthen closing the customer's loop.
- Facilitated user testing sessions with local customers of different demographics.
- Cocreated a new mobile app and led the design phase from idea to launch for iOS and Android.
- Developed the iOS version of the application using Swift and published it on the Apple App Store.
- Achieved a 4.9 star rating on Apple App Store with more than 2.6 million registered prayer events and users in more than 160 countries.
Senior Product Designer
- Supported design improvements for existing features of the Spotify mobile app.
- Performed research and ideation on improving the shared listening experience.
- Researched and ideated to improve the catalog experience.
Senior UX Designer
- Led the design from concept to launch for Booking Now, a new product for iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Led the design of the Booking.com mobile app for iOS and Android devices, designed new features, A/B testing, conversion optimization, user research, and user testing.
- Acted as team lead for the app design team, managing four designers for two quarters.
- Played a key role as the interim product owner for the mobile apps team. I filled the gap stepping up from my design lead role to accept the PO responsibilities for the mobile app product for a quarter.
- Served as the designer for a B2B mobile app that helps property owners to manage key aspects of their properties on the go.
Progress Towards a Master's Degree in Graphics Arts and Multimedia
Hellenic Open University - Greece
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
Technical University of Crete - Chania, Greece
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - Thessaloniki, Greece
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring