Verified Expert in Design
Abdelrahman is a UX and product designer with 20+ years of global experience, working with major corporates such as Johnson & Johnson, Qatar Foundation, and Boubyan Bank, and startups in Germany, Australia, Malaysia, and the US. Before he begins an interaction design, Abdelrahman conducts research and formulates a strategy to ensure that he solves the right problems for his clients. He has also joined other designers from Mercedes, Nike, Pinterest, and Facebook as a Designlab mentor.
Hotdesk | Co-working Space-booking Platform
Healthy & Tasty | Food Ordering App
Hive | School Rides for Kids
Shutter | Photographers Hiring Platform
UI/UX Designer (Android Tablet and Android Wear)
Alchera Incorporated dba SafeinHome (Toptal Projects)
- Worked on redesigning the user experience for persons under care, by defining users' needs through user interviews and SME interviews, defining the most urgent issues, and how IoT technologies can help.
- Established a design system and redesigned the interaction and UI of the tablet and wearable apps.
- Worked with PM on defining the roadmap of features to be introduced based on research and ideation.
Head of Strategy and Design
- Worked with architecture, engineering, and technology teams to conceptualize their in-house technology into a customer-facing product.
- Supervised a major rebrand, including renaming the product to Conix.
- Defined the features to be included in the MVP roadmap.
- Developed the design system, interaction model, and UI design for the customer-facing platform.
Co-founder | Chief Product Officer
- Validated the market need by conducting low-budget, lean experiments.
- Planned and launched an MVP to test the product-market fit and acquired the first paying customer within one month.
- Continuously refined the customer journey map and service blueprint to spot the gaps and improve the service.
- Developed the design system and designed the MVP version of the web and mobile apps.
- Led a team of 25 UX designers, product owners, and developers to deliver the product roadmap.
- Refined the interaction and UI design and optimized user flows.
- Mentored students from the US, Australia, Germany, UAE, Indonesia, India, and France through design courses provided by Designlab (trydesignlab.com), such as Design 101, Interaction Design, and UX Research and Strategy.
- Mentored a US student through the extended UX Academy program over a period of six months.
- Joined mentors from industry-leading companies such as Airbnb, Amazon, Vodafone, Facebook, Nike, Uber, Google, and Netflix.
Nimble (U.K.) Limited
- Set the product strategy and roadmap based on stakeholder interviews and user research.
- Led a small team of designers located in the United States and Argentina to deliver design sprints.
- Collaborated to define and choose the most important features to fit the business objectives and user needs and provide the best and most unique value proposition.
Head of Products
NOOR Tech (Malaysia)
- Conducted competitor analysis and user interviews to define the product strategy and unique value proposition.
- Co-developed the product roadmap to deliver the necessary features down the road.
- Led an international team of UX designers, developers, copywriters, and marketers.
NOOR Tech (Malaysia)
- Conducted comprehensive user research, including interviews with many potential global users visiting the famous Petronas Towers in Malaysian.
- Co-developed user models, including personas, empathy maps, and storyboards based on the findings from the user research.
- Recommended many new features to be added to the roadmap, which steered the product positioning to a whole new level and qualified me for a promotion to head of products.
- Led a team of four designers from different countries in UX research, customer journey mapping, and UX/UI design activities.
- Worked as a freelance UX designer or consultant with many startups around the globe.
- Advocated the importance of proper UX design based on actual user research.
- Conducted over 15 intensive UX workshops, graduating over 200 students.
Head of Web Department
King Saud University
- Co-developed a workflow system for all departments at King Saud University, the largest university in the Middle East.
- Played a key role in designing the research chair's program portal.
- Co-developed a content management system, allowing each professor/researcher to have their own web page.
- Collaborated on defining the company's vision and defined the brand strategy.
- Co-developed the company's brand identity, including colors and typography.
- Designed aspects of the company's website and the email newsletter.
Freelance Web Designer
- Delivered many freelance design projects with Macromedia Flash (back then) and HTML/CSS (W3C compliant).
- Designed logos for many small companies and startups.
- Co-designed interactive games, using Macromedia Flash ActionScript.
Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems
New Cairo Academy - Cairo, Egypt