Verified Expert in Design
Ali is a French designer based in London with 10+ years of experience specializing in design strategy and product design. His eagerness for working with startups stems from defining a product's features from early stages to delivering a polished product by applying design thinking methodologies. Ali has a broad range of leadership experience, from leading design teams to founding his own digital products, online stores, and brands.
Founder & Creative Director
- Built, launched, and ran a sustainable outerwear brand that designs bold and super versatile rain jackets for everyday adventurers. It's a passion project where I get to apply all my UX, product design, and marketing skills into a loving and vibrant brand and eCommerce store.
Owner, Product Designer
Ali Namdari, Ltd.
- Developed TV interfaces (Xbox, Apple TV, and Roku apps) for ComicConHQ, the company's on-demand video platform.
- Designed UX and UI for Geely's new car brand Lynk & Co. I worked on the native apps used to control the car, the built-in touchscreen, and the landing pages.
- Designed new features for the official FIFA app (native iOS and Android, mobile and tablet) delivered to millions of users worldwide.
- Built the UK's leading podcasting platform called AudioBoom (iOS, Android, and responsive web).
- Worked on diverse UX and UI projects for Saatchi and Saatchi Healthcare.
Co-founder and Product Designer
- Designed a platform for doctors and medical students to allow them to share medical cases. Web responsive, Android, and iOS native app all designed from scratch.
- Worked on branding, art direction, and business card designs.
- Led the marketing design effort, including emails, flyers, and physical banners design.
- Conducted user interviews and focus groups organized with doctors and medical students remotely.
- Built and tested derived products for medical e-learning (quizzes based on our existing content).
- Redesigned London's famous charity website (the House of St. Barnabas).
Digital Annexe (Your Favourite Story)
- Developed landing pages and visual marketing content for Mercedes Benz.
- Designed a comparative tool for comparing any car to one from Mercedes-Benz in a similar range. My responsibilities included UX design, research, and wireframing.
- Designed an interactive tool for an NGO to calculate costs of installing and maintaining water and sanitation structures in developing countries.
- Designed innovative concepts for a big distilled beverages company (Pernod Ricard) to redefine the cocktail making experience at home. The effort spanned the entire user experience, from ordering to delivering brands to the house and finally using a connected cocktail machine maker.
Lead UI/UX Designer
Wipolo (Accor Hotels)
- Led the design (web + mobile) effort of the company’s social travel app.
- Conducted user testing and user interviews.
- Led the marketing design team for designing emails, banners, flyers, and business cards.
Bachelors Degree in Multimedia Arts
Gobelins, School of Visual Communications - Paris, France
Higher National Diploma in Computer Science
IUT d'Orsay - France