Greensboro, NC, United States
Toptal Member Since
September 1, 2017
As a creator of software-based products for almost two decades, Chris has worked on some truly amazing projects. His passion for putting the customer first has resulted in products used by millions. Along the way, Chris has been noted as a member of innovators 40 people under 40, had products noted as "Excellent 4/5" from PC Mag, and has built award-winning consumer products.
Chris is available for hireHire Chris
Civil and Heavy Equipment Global Manufacturer
User WorkflowsUX EngineeringUser Experience (UX)Validated User ResearchDesignStrategic Design
SaaS DesignSMS MarketingSMSMobile PaymentsData VisualizationAnalytic Design+ 7 more
FintechApp UXApp UIProduct ManagementProduct StrategyOCR+ 5 more
MobileGeolocationCommunicationCommunity ManagementApp DesignPrototyping+ 4 more
Product DesignStrategyInformation Architecture (IA)Consumer ApplicationsDesigning for DataWeb UX+ 4 more
2017 - PRESENT
- Designed a product experience for mixed reality hardware and software.
- Conceptualized initial user stories and hardware ecosystem.
- Managed software engineering team and direction in development.
- Drove overall product experience direction including primary product strategy.
Technologies: Sketch, Industrial Design
2015 - 2016
- Launched a advertising consulting firm.
- Built up and operated the product design and user experience teams.
- Recruited core design and user experience staff.
- Oversaw all client experience design and graphic design work.
Technologies: Sketch, Axure
2014 - 2015
Product and Strategy Advisor
- Devised core product positioning strategy.
- Managed development and delivery of brand.
- Designed and managed the delivery of initial eCommerce shopping platform.
- Managed brand tone and direction online, print and social media.
Technologies: Sketch, Axure
2012 - 2015
- Created a multimedia-publishing platform used by over 600,000 users in 50+ countries.
- The platform allowed users to easily post videos, photos and articles without having to worry about formatting and design.
- As the head of product and overall operation, I was responsible for all product and experience design direction.
- Directly managed the software development and product design teams with 18 employees and four direct reports.
Technologies: InVision, Proto.io, Axure, Sketch
2010 - 2013
VP Digital Strategy
- Led the Digital Strategy groups for McCann.
- Created dozens of digital experiences for Fortune 50 companies such as Verizon and Intel.
- Lead direction on several $5 million USD digital projects including applications and eCommerce systems.
- Directly prototyped and designed large scale products, from strategy, information architecture, prototyping and visual design.
Technologies: InVision, Axure, Sketch, Microsoft PowerPoint
2020 - 2022
Doctorate in Design Thinking
North Carolina State University - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
2017 - 2019
Master's Degree in Entrepreneurship
University of Cambridge - Cambridge, England
2006 - 2008
Master of Business Administration Degree in Marketing
University of Phoenix - Arizona
2002 - 2006
Bachelor's Degree in Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology
University of Utah - Utah, United States of America