Raleigh, NC, United States
Member since March 9, 2017
Jason has over 13+ years of experience as a designer and creative strategist. He has worked with some of the largest brands in the world, such as Comcast, Mountain Dew, Subway, and Microsoft, as well as countless startups. Jason's design leadership and expertise has helped lead several startups towards acquisitions. With expertise in many facets of design, Jason focuses on product design and branding.
- Founder, Creative Strategist, Designer2006 - PRESENTAdena Studios
Technologies: InVision, Lucidchart, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Sketch, Adobe XD
- Worked with companies to strategize and execute the design of their customer experience, branding, product design, and marketing campaigns. This included both being hands-on with design work as well as assembling and leading design teams.
- Volunteer Design Mentor2013 - 2016The Startup Factory
- Devoted free time to mentoring the startups going through The Startup Factory on how to design better and more beautiful products, interfaces, and experiences.
- Head of Product Design and Marketing Design2012 - 2014Lettuce
Technologies: InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Played an integral role in the early-stage growth of the company as its first non-founder employee. Lettuce is a simple order and inventory management tool for small businesses that came out of Launchpad LA.
- Led product design and marketing design from the company’s founding until it was acquired by Intuit for $30 million in May of 2014.
- Founder, Chief Creative2007 - 2008GameVee
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Founded GameVee, a pioneer social gameplay video sharing community. Gamers could record in-game footage and upload it to share with the world. The company was acquired in October of 2008.
- Assembled and led the design and development team to build the product from the ground up, holding the role of lead product and brand designer.
- At the time of acquisition when GameVee was only one year old, it was growing at 1,000 new video uploads per day and 1 million video views per month.
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Web Technology2006 - 2009Wake Tech - Raleigh, NC