Verified Expert in Design
Karen is an experienced UI/UX designer, design lead, and entrepreneur with 16+ years of experience in tech. 10 of these years were primarily dedicated to web design and graphic and visual design. Karen uses his knowledge of design, technology, and human behavior to influence product strategy. As a decision-making specialist, he is involved in every stage of product design and research.
- Built relationships with the internal teams such as design, marketing, and account management.
- Made a user-friendly web layout that is adapted to branding guidelines.
- Created a store design template that works with all plugins and add-ons.
User Experience Lead
- Carried out the competitive research, value proposition and business canvas, empathy maps, and user interviews, defining the MVP scope.
- Defined scenarios, built interaction patterns, and created the product's logic with wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes, carrying out A/B testing.
- Created UI, brand style, and visual language for the whole company and different product parts—web portal, dashboard, and mobile app.
User Experience Consultant
- Worked on the concept, design, and implementation of a product collaborating with developers, designers, and other team members.
- Created style guides, recognized patterns, and built documentation with team members.
- Collaborated with team members to give feedback and improve processes.
- Evaluated user experience to affect strategy and roadmaps.
Head of Design
- Established an artistic strategy and schedules for key project design.
- Developed and designed ideas and execute artistic material as needed.
- Managed the team and projects and monitored the profitability of the jobs.
- Established and maintained a link between creative employees and management.
Oculus Branding Agency
- Led and directed website design, copy, animation, social media materials, illustrations, and other assets.
- Contributed to the development of the brand, naming, brand identity package, messaging and taglines, and rebranding.
- Took over and managed client communication, contributing to the development of information architecture, prototyping, design and assets, and interactive animations.
User Experience Prototyper
- Wireframed, prototyped, and mocked up user experiences.
- Designed wireframes, user stories, and mockups with different units and UX designers.
- Collaborated with product managers, engineers, researchers, product designers, and QA.
- Oversaw the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch as well as post-launch design support.
UI/UX Lead, UX Consultant
- Participated as a lead and consultant for ShowMe— a platform for the easiest way to create and share lessons on iPad, Android tablets, and Chromebooks. Educators from over 65,000 schools use ShowMe to flip their classrooms.
- Took a project from the research phase all the way through to the visual design and execution stages of a project. Collaborated with front-end developers and strategists to deliver creative solutions.
- Worked on the concept, wireframe, and design of high-quality interfaces across all viewports. Mentored other designers and offered critiques to improve deliverables.
- Planned and executed all aspects of creative deliverables for eCommerce projects.
- Conducted research and designed solutions that resonate with target audiences.
Top Level Freelance Designer
- Engaged directly with client representatives and creative directors during project briefs to ensure a unified, client-centered approach to visual solutions.
- Worked within brand and style guidelines, delivering novel visual solutions that support larger campaign goals.
- Produced prototypes and test functionality. Designed layouts, graphic elements, and design systems.
Computer Software Engineering and Networks in Bachelor's Degree
State Engineering University of Armenia - Yerevan, Armenia