Verified Expert in Design
Kasey is an adventurer, storyteller, and design entrepreneur, helping shape how people experience the digital world around them. He's intuitive eye for core experience and passion for design result in truly engaging interactions. As a successful UX and Interaction Designer, clients and teams have come to rely on Kasey to deliver highly impactful, end-to-end digital solutions across web, mobile, and software.
Senior Interaction Designer
- Led interaction and user experience design initiatives across SiriusXM.com's new redesign.
- Spearheaded the sports pages refresh, implemented best practices, and collaborated with internal stakeholders to create a fresh, delightful experience for new site visitors and repeat sports fans alike.
- Worked within the expansive design system and helped workshop and implement new molecules and components to improve UX across the site.
Digital Product Designer (UI/UX/IxD)
- Helped craft and elevate digital products and have brought ideas into reality with a smart, well-designed, human-centered process.
- Provided guidance and consultation to various companies and entrepreneurs to elevate UX, UI, and product design using best practices and design thinking methodology.
- Through research and testing, have created solid user experience across various web and app projects.
- Led design across mobile and web apps, websites, and software including dashboards with data visualization, various task driven interactions, and more.
- Collaborated directly with product leads and development teams to create intuitive, delightful experiences.
Knowledge to Practice (via Toptal)
- Led UX/product design initiatives.
- Redesigned and enhanced major sections of the platform to help physicians quickly gain education credits and spend more time with patients.
- Worked with the director of product to drastically improve the app's usability and overall user experience.
- Collaborated with the development team to implement the design to spec and make enhancements across the platform.
Senior UI/UX Designer + Lead
- Worked directly with several product and development teams, stakeholders, and users to design and build a new, state of the art enterprise application that allows government components to fund small business's building innovative technologies.
- Led product design and user experience initiatives including, but not limited to research, interviews, journey and empathy mapping, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, testing, and implementation.
- Created an extensive UI asset and behavior library and to elevate UX design and rapid prototyping practices, influenced by Google's Material Design.
- Worked closely with teams to implement the design to spec, standardize UI components while maintaining the holistic view of the enterprise application and advocating an intuitive user experience.
- Participated in interviewing, onboarding, mentoring, and training UX designers.
- Headed UX workshops, design sprints, coached design thinking principles and methodology, and elevated design standards across the organization.
Senior UI/UX Designer
- Led the UX and interactive initiatives on a secret project to develop a moon-shot experience using IBM's Watson Ai technology to then demo to the C-Level. My team "won" the competition and all teams began working on bringing our vision to fruition. I worked closely with the IT manager, senior app analyst, and senior UX architect (IBM) to bring our demo to life.
- Took the initiative to design and validate solutions to their mobile app's login experience on both Android and iOS. The original login screens tested at a 33% success rate vs my solutions with an 80% success rate in user testing.
- Led UX design initiatives of the redesign on their mobile app. Through user research I found many pain points and opportunities to improve those experiences.
- Participated and led huddles, reviews, and UI validation meetings to review peer Designers' work, provide feedback, send into development for future product releases.
- Led design efforts to create and validate new, more legible and interactive data tables on the customer-facing web application.
- Worked directly with our main client to provide product design support for various software/apps for associations to manage their data, members, events, products, etc.
- Attended discovery sessions with clients, conducted user research when available, and created design assets from user flows and wireframes to mockups and interactive prototypes.
- Collaborated with a lead UI/UX designer for support, feedback, and review sessions.
- Learned front-end development to not only build what I designed but to learn the impact of those designs in code.
- Managed the 30-day challenge of redesigning a main client's mobile app (Align Mobile) - taking feedback from the previous app and rethinking through the mobile experience using a focused approach to task completion. The redesign was well accepted by the client and users.
Bachelor's Degree in Visual Arts
Southeastern Louisiana University - New Orleans, LA