Pili Fernandez Davila
Verified Expert in Design
Pili is a hands-on digital designer with broad experience in product design, UX/UI, branding, and visual communication. She's been creating user-centered design solutions for brands, companies, and people around the world for the last 10+ years, working in partnership with developers, data scientists, and more.
Brand and Web Design Buenpuesto
Yesi Danderfer's rebranding
Founder and Lead Designer
Random Pattern Studio
- Designed the brand and packaging of Castle & Coal. We officially launched the new brand in December 2020. The impact of the new brand on my client's business was incredible. Their sales increased exponentially.
- Designed and developed the eCommerce site of Altamar Ceramics. The website was built in Webflow, it has a CMS and it's 100% editable. This helped them transition as a business from offline to online, which was a huge success during the pandemic.
- Designed the website of Heroinas Peruanas, a non-profit that helps kids in need with educational material. After launching the website, HP started working with large non-profit organizations like UNESCO.
Head of Design
- Led the design department, a job that encompassed product design, branding, and marketing design.
- Redesigned the company's existing digital products, such as the sign-up and application flow, the public website and the customer dashboard, and new solutions like a mobile app and a physical transaction card.
- Redefined Clearbanc's brand strategy and redesigned the company's visual identity.
Product Design Team Lead
Compass Digital Labs
- Led and mentored the product design team (ten designers).
- Optimized methods for working, collaborating, and problem-solving.
- Defined goals and strategies with other team leads for products and the UX team.
Senior Product Designer
Compass Digital Labs
- Co-led the product design team with the other senior product designer, handling management duties such as hiring new resources, approving time off, and evaluating team performance.
- Mentored intermediate and junior product designers and promoted best practices in usability, design, and collaboration.
- Scoped design work and built the design roadmap in partnership with product management and development.
- Led the strategy and work for the core product design system for our in-house products.
- Conducted design reviews with the team and stakeholders.
- Gathered user, business, data, and technical requirements for new projects.
- Ensured that modular design work was cohesive across all products.
- Led an internship program in partnership with OCAD University.
Compass Digital Labs
- Led the food and hospitality design projects and coordinated with stakeholders, conducted user research and user testing, and redesigned and maintained the company’s in-house and custom products.
- Ideated, planned, and designed new user-centered solutions (including mobile and web apps, IoT solutions, and interactive spaces).
- Gathered business, data, and technical requirements for new projects.
- Created style guides and widget libraries. Developed responsive websites (front end). Explored new technologies, design trends, and behaviors.
- Designed and developed branding material for digital products.
- Guided and provided feedback to junior/intermediate designers.
Lead Digital Design Consultant
- Designed and developed digital communication strategies.
- Oversaw the visual communication and corporate identity of the company (graphic, multimedia, and web).
- Managed the company's social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube).
- Created digital campaigns, such as the video campaign “Artist of the week,” in which followers were invited by the artists to participate in weekly contests in order to obtain prizes.
Lead Interaction Designer
Feast Interactive, Inc.
- Created and developed creative concepts for online platforms, branding, and digital campaigns.
- Designed and developed digital, graphic, and/or interactive pieces for social media campaigns.
- Designed and developed responsive websites.
- Designed and developed a social media contest using platforms such as Woodbox and Wishpond and adapting their templates through HTML and CSS edits.
- Designed and developed responsive websites such as Sylvania’s websites, mini sites, emailing, and other online/interactive pieces.
- Planned and developed the user experience of interactive projects.
- Guided junior designers and assigned them tasks.
- Led UI projects from beginning to end for brands such as Kitchen Stuff Plus, Sylvania Canada, Canadian Tire, PartSource, University of Toronto, and High Performance Sports Medicine.
- Researched and tested new technologies, online trends, and new behaviors as well as design and coding updates.
Founder & Design Team Lead
Cafe con Leche
- Provided services in the areas of UI/UX design, visual communication (mostly for internal communication), and branding.
- Created and developed creative concepts and transformed them into design outcomes.
- Recruited and supervised the work team depending on the requirements of the project (this has provided me with the opportunity to work with professionals from different fields including programmers, designers, animators, photographers, and copywriters).
- Presented ideas and pieces to clients.
Visual Communication Designer
FD Arquitectos & Urbanistas
- Designed and developed communication pieces and presentations.
- Managed the visual identity of the company.
- Created and developed concepts for web projects.
- Designed websites, banners, and multimedia CDs.
- Created illustrations (from sketches to completion of the artwork).
- Designed promotional pieces for all the stores as well as the pieces for the internal and external communication of the company.
- Supervised the printing of the material and the installation of the indoor and outdoor advertising.
Master's Degree in Design
OCAD University - Toronto, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Communications and Advertising
Pontifical Catholic University of Peru - Lima, Peru
Master of Design
Web Designer Professional
MediaPro Training Center
Universidad Ricardo Palma
Bachelor of Communications and Advertising
Pontifical Catholic University of Peru