Roger Dean Olden
Verified Expert in Design
Roger is a UX/UI product designer with several years of experience. He enjoys collaborating with other designers, developers, salespeople, copywriters, photographers and more in order to create an amazing product. Roger is passionate about building beautiful and meaningful products that help people in their daily lives.
Head of Design
- Designed a platform to trade luxury watches.
- Created a brand together with designers from a branding agency.
- Worked together with a remote team of six developers.
- Art-directed the illustrations used on the platform.
- Designed an interface for partners to that handle watches for us.
- Designed and facilitated a three-day design sprint for the whole company which resulted in the next product.
- Created the style guide and design language of the website and mobile applications.
- Designed and illustrated the user manual and managed the copywriters and translators for the text.
- Supervised the entire rebranding process.
- Designed the packaging for AV1, supervised the process, and managed the communication with the Chinese factory.
Lead Product Designer
- Designed a website to promote the service.
- Handled and was responsible for the iOS, macOS, and watchOS app designs.
- Collaborated with the whole team to set product direction and revenue goals.
Freelance Design Consultant
- Provided the logo, branding, mobile app experience, web design, and front-end development for Loop Health’s Indiegogo campaign. They got acquired by Standard Innovation.
- Integrated the digital experiences with physical smart home products for a Norwegian startup, Smartly.
- Worked remotely for almost a year crafting user experiences and user interfaces for startups and small companies.
- Designed an iOS app connecting to a robot avatar. It helped sick children with cancer stay connected with their friends in school.
- Performed user testing for one of Norway's leading fin-tech companies.
- Designed a second screen experience for Norway’s fastest growing supermarket chain. Used in their nationwide company get-together.
- Worked as part of the team that worked on Mr. Melk Winter Games downloaded on more than 1.5 million devices.
- Designed an engaging HTML5 iPad game in tight collaboration with developers, to be part of Statnett’s stand on the ONS Exhibition with over 50,000 visitors.
- Worked on a complete overhaul of Statnett's website; Norway's government institution for power and electricity.
- Delivered the HTML and CSS for an Ext JS application. Used by food producers to apply for a “Norwegian Taste” certification of their food.
Intern | Visual Designer
- Designed a web experience for Försäkringskassan together with two of Sweden’s most famous comedians. Smashed our goals with 60,000 unique visitors in three weeks and increased sign-ups by 280%.
- Treated as a full-time employee and got to represent the agency in client meetings together with the project manager.
Intern | Creative and Graphic Designer
- Redesigned parts of the user experience and user interface of the mobile website for the Open University of Catalunya, based on user tests.
- Worked in tight collaboration with the art director in creating the strategy, concepts, and graphics for campaigns promoting the Affinity Pet Care’s Facebook page.
8-week Online Course in Front-end Development
SuperHi - Remote
8-week Online Course in Visual Design
SuperHi - Remote
Diploma in Digital Media Creative
Hyper Island - Karlskrona, Sweden