Verified Expert in Design
Roman helped build and ship applications used by tens of millions of people worldwide. As the sole product designer at Dubsmash, he was a part of the team that made the app that ranked second in the US short-form video market with over one billion monthly views. While at Reddit, Roman oversaw the design of the live video product. He's currently helping create the future of presentation software at Pitch, one of the top European SaaS startups.
Senior Product Designer
- Designed a presentation template marketplace which became one of the largest contributors to the company's user growth.
- Collaborated closely with the product manager and software development team, providing them with detailed design specs and user flows.
- Created extensive UI design concepts and contributed to the unified design system.
- Helped grow daily video views as a part of a wider team of designers by a significant margin by redesigning and simplifying Reddit’s video recording and player UI.
- Interviewed moderators for the moderation UI redesign in order to increase the platform's safety.
- Participated in regular design critique and feedback sessions.
- Helped Dubsmash rank second in the short-form video market with one billion monthly views in four years.
- Kept the UI consistent and engineering process efficient by building and maintaining a design system based on human interface guidelines and Material Design.
- Helped prioritize new features and provided actionable learnings by conducting competitive analyses.
- Closely cooperated with the engineering team through daily scrums during the whole implementation process, from initial concepts to high-fidelity interactive prototypes, flows, and pixel-perfect mockups.
Product Designer and Co-founder
- Designed a new kind of travel app—a hybrid platform that connects tourists with local guides.
- Crafted the UX design of a complex map solution focused on location-sharing and smart recommendations of sights and activities nearby.
- Designed the UX of a virtual travel assistant (bot), which helps users find the right activity for them.
- Created the interaction design, defining all the animation and movement in the app using Framer.js.
- Conducted user interviews using the jobs-to-be-done methodology and helped define overall product strategy.
- Shortened the feature release time from weeks to days by introducing rapid prototyping and user testing.
- Gathered, managed, and implemented customer feedback and feature requests.
- Helped generate hundreds of qualified sales leads through landing page conversion optimization.
Product Designer and Consultant
- Consulted on visual and UX design for various startups, including large business intelligence and analytics platforms.
- Designed the visuals and UX for the largest Czech student and teacher social network used by 300,000 people, defining the functionality and visual style.
- Conducted user testing and interviews for a Czech edtech startup.
- Consulted on the design for a machine learning startup dealing with video recognition.
- Crafted the visual design for large advertising campaigns for clients such as Vodafone and Nokia.
UX/UI Designer for ClassDojo Mini Apps
- Designed new features such as Toolkit for the ClassDojo teacher app together with the product team.
- Explored multiple functional and design solutions for each feature.
- Worked closely with the product team, incorporating feedback and requests on a daily basis.
- Contributed new feature ideas beyond the assignment requirements.
- Prepared the final design for the development using Zeplin.
Senior UX Designer and Developer Team Lead
- Led web and mobile development for digital ad campaigns targeting millions of users in Europe and Central Asia; consulted on product design.
- Managed a team of up to 10 people, coordinating web developers with designers, copywriters, and production staff.
- Conducted day-to-day design work for clients such as Pepsi, IKEA, O2, M&M's, Pilsner Urquell, and Tchibo.
- Received web design and marketing awards, including CSS Reel, Golden Nail, and Online and Interactive Awards.
- Designed real-world advertising experiences, for example, using Microsoft Kinect.
- Crafted web and graphic design for one of the largest Czech music festivals.
- Designed the visuals and UX for eCommerce solutions ranging from small niche product e-shops to large 10,000-product catalogs.
- Created the web design for popular Czech music bands and celebrities.
- Designed the web and advertising campaigns for the healthcare sector, including Linet, one of the world's major hospital equipment manufacturers.
Master's Degree in Psychology
Masaryk University - Brno, Czech Republic