Verified Expert in Design
Tarek is a product designer drawn to the idea of blending disciplines. He spends all his time making creations and contemplating ways to present them to people. Tarek's work includes UX design, 3D designs, illustration, and motion. He also enjoys drawing glyphs. In Tarek, you will find a creator who likes to make an impact with his designs.
Krowd9 | UX and Rebranding
The Flat Sharing Marketplace Zool | UX and Identity
Activist Arabic Font Family | Type Design
Freelance Product Designer
- Worked with over 20 clients from early-stage startups to well-established industry names to investigate business constraints and find solutions and untapped opportunities.
- Directed businesses to better communicate their brands and design products from concept to execution.
- Worked on graphic design, product design, product management, data visualization, and 2D motion.
Visual | UI Designer
IC Group, Inc.
- Gained valuable experience collaborating with the IC Group, a leading software company in the promotional game industry, further enhancing my skills in working with large-scale vendors and solidifying my expertise in designing for prominent brands.
- Successfully translated the client's vision into captivating UI/UX designs for a swipe steak and 3X3 game, creating an immersive user experience that aligned perfectly with their goals.
- Created compelling visual assets, including a captivating promotional logotype, enticing gift assets, and dynamic states and responses within the game, resulting in increased user engagement and effective brand promotion.
Mobile UX/UI Designer
VHS Bounty Marketplace
- Gained a thorough understanding of the client's brief by conducting market research and working collaboratively with the client. This has enabled me to identify a significant potential for building a marketplace niche for selling VHS tapes.
- Took the lead in defining the design efforts required. I have created a detailed design process that outlines every step, providing clear reasoning for my approach and leaving room for flexible changes.
- Created the initial brand identity for VHS bounty. I drew inspiration from the VHS aesthetics and the 80's infamous artist while modernizing it to accommodate different use cases like digital platforms' UI elements.
- Audited a record label's existing website, created a detailed sitemap, and built a clear design process, aligning stakeholders' expectations and breaking down goals into smaller milestones and achievements.
- Studied the Dope House Family's visual language over the past three decades, uplifted the brand identity to be more fluid, and worked on multiple touchpoints and mediums while staying relevant to the core concepts of the business.
- Wireframed numerous solutions for the new website vision that positions it as a community hub and fans engagement platform.
- Created a comprehensive design system, several graphical assets, high-fidelity web and mobile screens, and a prototype of the website with specified animations to ease the design handover to the development stage.
- Helped create a flexible framework to define how the internal venture team would optimize its efforts in assisting portfolio companies.
- Devised product strategy and plans for companies at various stages of development. Consulted dozens of portfolio companies on how their digital products are performing and where they can improve.
- Oversaw the development of Krowd9's product, a football fan experience app, from conception to completion. It involved UX research, building an entire brand identity, and a complete revamp of their current product.
Designer | Partner
- Collaborated with my partners to lay the groundwork for the design studio's foundation and establish a distinct visual style.
- Created the studio's branding project to emphasize the studio's distinct illustrative language and its core concept of creating bold, colorful worlds. Yak is regarded as one of the most prominent design studios in the region.
- Collaborated with the team to create editorial illustrations for local and international digital publishers such as Springer Nature.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
German University in Cairo (GUC) - Cairo, Egypt
Meaningful Visual Identity Design: From Brief to Pitch
Dynamic Animation with 2D and 3D Illustration
Extended Reality for Everybody
University of Michigan | via Coursera
Gamification: Motivation Psychology & The Art of Engagement
Animation for Typographic Compositions
Master Digital Product Design: UX Research & UI Design
Design a Digital Font from A to Z
Responsive Web Design