Advisor2017 - PRESENTStartups and Early-Stage Companies
Focus areas: Valuation, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Formation Strategy, Corporate Development, Business Strategy, ICO, IPOs, Initial Public Offerings, Investor Presentations, Financial Forecasting, Private Placement Memoranda, Structuring, Regulatory Compliance
- Serves as an advisor to startups and early-stage companies on structuring finance rounds, formulating deal structures, leveraging internal/external resources and partners, commercializing innovations, identifying and achieving key inflection points, increasing company valuation, or preparing for an acquisition or exit, among others.
- Recently completed the structuring of a $2 million private round for a biotech startup.
- Secured key industry, finance, and operational partners for a client in preparation for a Reg A+ offering and NYSE listing.
- Coordinated and led the creation of multiple investor packages—each package including a business plan, financial modeling, legal documents, valuation, and a pitch deck.
- Advised on an initial coin offering (ICO) which entails structure, compliance, funding sources, and overall implementation.
Founder | CEO2010 - 2017ieCrowd
Focus areas: Recruitment, Strategic Partnerships, Intellectual Property, Global Distribution Strategy, Investments, Strategy, Corporate, Commercialization, Product Development, Initial Public Offerings, Investor Relations, Crowdfunding, Growth Capital Raising
- Licensed and commercialized health-related technologies, creating majority-owned subsidiaries around each technology.
- Created and implemented capital raising plans which included: private raises using Reg. D 506, Reg. D 506(c) for public solicitation, rewards-based crowdfunding, Reg. S for international investors, S1 for IPO, and Reg. CF and A+ for mini IPOs.
- Developed strategies to strengthen and expand the company’s IP portfolio.
- Developed strategies and secured global distribution channels.
- Recruited top-level management and key personnel for marketing, engineering, finance, and product development roles.
- Recruited board members with strong industry, legal, and finance backgrounds.
Founder | CEO2003 - 2009Qmotions
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Commercialization, Strategy, Intellectual Property, Business Development, Marketing Strategy, Global Distribution Strategy, Initial Public Offerings, Growth Capital Raising
- Raised capital through private placements in the U.S. and internationally, as well as through public equity funds.
- Developed commercialization strategy, including IP licensing and the licensing of the EA Tiger Woods games.
- Developed partnerships with major industry players including Microsoft and Electronic Arts.
- Developed the strategy for global business development; launched products in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and MENA.
Founder | President2003 - 2007ADC
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), PPP Projects
- Co-founded and supported the public-private partnership to establish the University Research Park – the first R&D and technology incubation campus in Inland Southern California - in partnership with the University of California Riverside, County of Riverside, and the City of Riverside.
- Created financial models for real estate development.
- Developed and leased the first commercial building at the park.
Founder | President2002 - 2003Digital Angel Systems: Division of Digital Angel Corporation
Focus areas: Commercialization, Strategy, Intellectual Property, Business Planning, Global Business, Business Development, Post-merger Integration, Reverse Mergers
- Managed the GPS/wireless chip commercialization.
- Developed the strategy for global business development.
- Implemented a reverse merger.
- Handled the post-merger integration.