- Advisor2017 - PRESENTStartups and Early-Stage Companies
Focus areas: Regulation D, Startups, Early Stage, Structuring Finance Rounds, Private Placement Memorandums, Financial Projections, Investor Decks, Regulation S, IPOs, ICOs, Regulation A+, Business Strategy, Corporate Development, Capital Formation Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation
- Serves as an advisor to startups and early-stage companies on structuring finance rounds, formulating deal structures, leveraging internal/external resources and partners, commercializing innovations, identifying and achieving key inflection points, increasing company valuation, or preparing for an acquisition or exit, among others.
- Recently completed the structuring of a $2 million private round for a biotech startup.
- Secured key industry, finance, and operational partners for a client in preparation for a Reg A+ offering and NYSE listing.
- Coordinated and led the creation of multiple investor packages—each package including a business plan, financial modeling, legal documents, valuation, and a pitch deck.
- Advised on an initial coin offering (ICO) which entails structure, compliance, funding sources, and overall implementation.
- Founder | CEO2010 - 2017ieCrowd
Focus areas: Technology, Growth Capital Raising, Crowdfunding, Investor Communications, Initial Public Offering, Product Development, Technology Licensing and Commercialization, Corporate Strategy, Strategic Investments, Global Distribution, IP Strategy, Strategic Partnerships, Executive and Board Recruitment
- Licensed and commercialized health-related technologies, creating majority-owned subsidiaries around each technology.
- Created and implemented capital raising plans which included: private raises using Reg. D 506, Reg. D 506(c) for public solicitation, rewards-based crowdfunding, Reg. S for international investors, S1 for IPO, and Reg. CF and A+ for mini IPOs.
- Developed strategies to strengthen and expand the company’s IP portfolio.
- Developed strategies and secured global distribution channels.
- Recruited top-level management and key personnel for marketing, engineering, finance, and product development roles.
- Recruited board members with strong industry, legal, and finance backgrounds.
- Founder | CEO2003 - 2009Qmotions
Focus areas: Growth Capital Raising, Initial Public Offering, Global Distribution Strategy, Marketing Strategy, Business Development, IP Licensing, Strategy, Commercialization, Financial Planning, Projection, Modeling
- Raised capital through private placements in the U.S. and internationally, as well as through public equity funds.
- Developed commercialization strategy, including IP licensing and the licensing of the EA Tiger Woods games.
- Developed partnerships with major industry players including Microsoft and Electronic Arts.
- Developed the strategy for global business development; launched products in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and MENA.
- Founder | President2003 - 2007ADC
Focus areas: Private-Public Partnership, Real Estate Development, Commercial Property Leasing and Management, Financial Planning and Modeling
- Co-founded and supported the public-private partnership to establish the University Research Park – the first R&D and technology incubation campus in Inland Southern California - in partnership with the University of California Riverside, County of Riverside, and the City of Riverside.
- Created financial models for real estate development.
- Developed and leased the first commercial building at the park.
- Founder | President2002 - 2003Digital Angel Systems: Division of Digital Angel Corporation
Focus areas: Reverse Merger Implementation, Post-Merger Integration, Global Business Development, Business Planning, IP Strategy and Commercialization
- Managed the GPS/wireless chip commercialization.
- Developed the strategy for global business development.
- Implemented a reverse merger.
- Handled the post-merger integration.