Verified Expert in Finance
Anindya is a former Big 4 partner and a transaction specialist who has advised governments, private equities, venture capitals, and conglomerates, including Fortune 500 companies. He leverages his 25+ years of experience in bringing businesses together to provide end-to-end advice on deal readiness, valuation, M&A, and joint venture negotiations. Anindya has an expansive global network of C-suite contacts and has mentored numerous startups, some of which have become large public companies.
The Hashgraph Association
- Empowered startups, enterprises, and government institutions worldwide.
- Collaborated with Hedera Hashgraph, an organization breaking new ground in the blockchain industry and owned and governed by the world's leading organizations, including Google, IBM, Boeing, Dell, Deutsche Telekom, LG, DBS, and Nomura.
- Sourced and evaluated businesses for potential grant funding and negotiated alliances and partnerships with enterprises and governments that embrace the Hedera Hashgraph platform.
- Established an independent consulting practice in July 2021.
- Leveraged expertise and network built over 30 years to provide transaction support, partner search, valuation, and related services to companies looking to acquire, divest, enter new regions, and negotiate cross-border joint ventures and alliances.
- Collaborated with clients from the USA, Caribbean, Switzerland, Finland, Australia, Hong Kong, UAE, and Saudi Arabia across industries including infrastructure, real estate, technology, and media.
Managing Director, International Advisory
- Expanded the reach of a well-known real estate private equity outside the USA and started an advisory investment banking service line.
- Introduced and institutionalized several global relationships despite the COVID-19 pandemic, involving sovereign wealth funds and family offices in the Middle East, UK, Europe, Canada, and APAC region.
- Spearheaded large M&A engagements in the real estate industry for clients in Australia and the Middle East.
Partner, Head of Deal Advisory, and Executive Board Member
- Established and led the corporate finance service line, expanded it ahead of schedule into a market-leading full-service transactions practice, and progressed from being a director to a partner within two years.
- Held full P&L responsibility, led a team of 20+ people, and reported to the managing partner. Additionally, acted as COO of deal advisory for the Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Kuwait cluster with 100+ professionals for two years.
- Positioned KPMG as an advisor of choice for international companies entering Kuwait, led and authored the government official investor handbook, carried out a comprehensive competitive study, and worked on the foreign direct investment legislation.
- Led financial and commercial due diligence for the largest bank merger in the region with a combined $101 billion and headed the buy-side advisory and due diligence for the largest telecom acquisition in the Middle East for $3.8 billion.
- Orchestrated one of the largest restructurings in the Middle East for $1.7 billion and the M&A valuation for a $500+ million acquisition of Egypt's largest bank.
- Headed financial due diligence for Carlyle, one of the largest Middle Eastern conglomerates, regarding a private equity investment of $400+ million.
- Launched the media and entertainment vertical in 2003 and established KPMG as India's leading media and entertainment consulting firm.
- Built and led a cross-functional business development team while working closely with the head of markets and a public relations firm.
- Served as a key team member advising the government on airport privatization in Delhi and Mumbai, negotiated a sizeable advisory engagement with an airport in Delhi, and established KPMG as a leader in aerospace accounting.
AIA Capital (Owned by American International Group)
- Partnered with the American International Group (AIG) and its affiliates, Blackstone and the AIG Asian Infrastructure Fund, to provide M&A, private equity, and strategy advice across government and private sector industry verticals.
- Conceptualized India's first regional infrastructure fund under the private-public participation between Gujarat's government, AIG, and the Infrastructure Development Finance Company.
- Mentored Nazara Technologies, which went from being a startup to now a publicly listed $1.2 billion company with a global presence, and helped raise seed capital until the first round of private equity funding with Sequoia.
Group Head, Project Advisory
- Obtained the board approval for India's first vendor-initiated fund between L&T, British International Investment, and IL&FS, allowing the companies to participate in opportunities regarding the country's growing infrastructure privatization.
- Designed and negotiated a unique takeout financing structure for Naramada Bridge, India's first toll bridge project, that was listed in Project Finance International's deals of the year for 1998.
- Contributed to the HITEC City in India, sponsored by L&T and the Andhra Pradesh state government, by conceptualizing the project, bid structuring, and arranging securitized finances. Anchor tenants included Microsoft, Oracle, and GE.
Manager, Merchant Banking
- Represented the IDBI Bank in the first inter-institution committee to study various financial structures and provided industry inputs to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- Advised on phase 2 of India's first privatized railway project for the Pipavav Railway Corporation.
- Contributed as an appraisal team member on several independent power projects in India that led to a combined electricity generation capacity of around 2,500 megawatts between 1994 and 2002.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics, Mathematics, and Statistics
University of Calcutta - Kolkata, India
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
Institute of Cost Accountants of India
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)