Aziza N. Khalil
Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Aziza is a seasoned economic researcher with over a decade of experience in the telecom and regulatory fields. Possessing strong analytical skills, she has the ability to interpret complex data and provide actionable insights. Aziza is highly organized with a proven track record of delivering high-quality research projects to different stakeholders (from governmental to international organizations).
Technical and market assessment for direct air-to-ground connectivity
Data Acquisition Specialist
- Reviewed the latest promotions and offers for mobile plans on operator websites and generated concise reports that covered available cellphone deals.
- Conducted market research and analysis on cybersecurity firms in the US.
- Carried out routine checks on automated scrapers on data collection, such as telecom pricing.
Economic Studies Manager
National Telecom Regulatory Authority
- Created a financial and economic diagnostic report detailing performance data on all local telecom providers showcasing 10 distinct metrics for the authority.
- Collaborated with various department heads to identify new opportunities in the market, delivering four new revenue stream initiatives, such as data centers, startup deals, and digital payments. This raised the telecom sector to a 5% GDP contribution.
- Utilized strategic business tools such as regulatory impact assessments and PEST analysis to study the economic impact of telecom initiatives on the local market and deliver market insights with regard to 5G, IoT, and others.
- Prepared a 5-year strategic plan for the growth of the telecom sector in Egypt detailing five initiatives with a forecasted 50% increase in broadband and mobile penetration.
- Developed four sector-specific climate change initiatives and policies, such as e-waste regulation and operators' reporting on energy consumption and GHG consumption for Egypt's 2050 National Climate Change Strategy (NCCS).
- Mentored a team of four economic and financial researchers on various research tools and techniques, delivering four individual economic reports biannually.
- Participated in the ITU Study Group 3 representing Egypt on the international, Arab, and African regions level on several economic, policy, and tariff issues such as mobile roaming, digital identity, OTTs, and International Internet Connectivity.
Co-manager of The Egypt Hub
- Planned and organized all Sabeel's spiritual retreats in Egypt, and each has drawn over 150 attendees for the past four years.
- Built and trained a volunteer base that helped organize and oversee logistics of all Sabeel events.
- Created a community to further form and nurture rooted in the inherited wisdom of the timeless prophetic teachings.
Business Development Director
- Built the social media pages and website for Falcon Smokers, as well as the online payment platform through Shopify.
- Organized year-round events to increase brand visibility across Cairo.
- Developed a marketing strategy plan for Falcon Smokers to make it available in B2B channels.
National Telecom Regulatory Authority
- Developed market, economic, and sector analysis to inform business strategy related to the telecom sector.
- Analyzed information from international reports by organizations such as the IMF to deliver comprehensive data-driven reports.
- Published a quarterly newsletter internally showcasing the status of the telecom market in Egypt.
- Participated in six international conferences and workshops and delivered talks about the role of the telecom sector in emerging markets and digital financial inclusion.
- Generated, analyzed, and reported data to forecast market trends and explain economic phenomena.
British Egyptian Business Association
- Aligned Egyptian businesses with British investors and increased business ventures between the UK and Egypt.
- Built a database of Egyptian companies and businesses to promote trade and investment.
- Wrote and edited all BEBA media statements, reports, and weekly newsletters.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Cairo University - Cairo, Egypt
French Baccalauréat (BAC) in Economics
Lycée Français d'Amman - Amman, Jordan
Digital Marketing Fundamentals
University of Edinburgh
Macroeconomics of Climate Change | Science, Economics, and Policies
Financial Development and Financial Inclusion
Innovative Business Models for Expanding Fiber-optic Networks and Closing the Access Gaps
A Systemic Approach to Financial Inclusion
Competition Policy in The Digital Age
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring