CFO & Board Member
Aulas Amigas SAS
2015 - PRESENT
- Grew Aulas Amigas sales by over 300% in roughly 3 years as CFO. Aulas Amigas is a fast-growing edtech company focused on providing both software and hardware tools for K-12 LATAM educators.
- Raised approximately $10 million USD through various fundraising rounds and instruments (equity, debt, mezzanine, and convertibles).
- Structured, negotiated and closed local expansion capital to scale Aulas Amigas's business model in Mexico, Costa Rica, Ecuador and a small pilot in India.
- Developed a budgeting and KPI system which directly contributed to EBITDA margins growing from 14% to 31%.
- Structured and closed a third party financing partnership for a B2C commercial strategy, essentially making channel operations cash flow positive, recurring, and scalable.
Focus areas: Budgeting, Financial Strategy, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Cash Management, Fundraising, Financial Reporting, Investment Monitoring, Accounting Management, Financial Modeling, Cash Flow Forecasting, Budget Forecasting, P&L Forecasting, Corporate Finance
Senior Associate, Andean Market
Latin America Alternatives
2014 - 2015
- Developed and evaluated over 50 different private equity and venture capital investment memoranda across Latin America, and executed on 2 deals worth $10 million USD collectively (closely-held family office private equity vehicle).
- Led Andean market pipeline and screened over 30 investment opportunities.
- Developed a proprietary investment screening methodology for scoring fund-level investments.
- Produced economic-, transaction- and portfolio-level reports for family office investors.
- Supported CIO with portfolio reporting and liquidity management decisions.
Focus areas: Private Equity, Early-stage Venture Capital, Financial Modeling, Investment Memoranda, Due Dilligence, Investment Return Scenario Analysis, Private Equity Valuation, Investment Portfolio Management, Portfolio Analysis, Financial Reporting
Associate & Partner
2010 - 2014
- Launched BBC Management (partner and co-founder), a boutique and closely-held asset management and consulting practice with a Latin American geographic focus.
- Developed and evaluated over 80 different private equity and venture capital investment memoranda in Colombia; executed on 3 deals totaling $1 million USD collectively.
- Sourced and created a local pipeline of over 150 growth capital opportunities (taking an industry generalist approach).
- Raised $2 million USD in fund commitments through multiple HNW investors.
- Led multiple market research and consulting projects for a diverse client base (nutrition, biopharma, mining, and retail).
Focus areas: Early-stage Venture Capital, Private Equity, Valuation, Financial Modeling, Due Dilligence, Investment Monitoring, Investment Memoranda, Financial Reporting, Investor Communications, Investor Decks, Market Research, Business Advisory