Sunrise Strategic Partners
2016 - PRESENT
- Aided in making minority, preferred equity investments in new portfolio companies Teton Waters Ranch, Kodiak Cakes, Maple Hill Creamery, and Pure Growth Organic.
- Built full three statement models for each investment including in multiple growth scenarios, in depth sensitivity analyses, fully functioning distribution waterfall, and returns analysis.
- Developed detailed investment memorandum to present to the Board of Directors for approval of the investments outlining key merits and considerations of the businesses.
- Assisted and provided support for the ongoing management of portfolio companies as well as deploying the key tools and resources available to aid in growth acceleration of the brands.
- Analyzed and screened potential new investments for potential and further assist on in depth due diligence process should the team decide to pursue an investment.
Focus areas: Venture Funding, Financial Modeling, Capital Structure Analysis, Comparable Company Analysis, Valuation, Three Statement Operating Model, Mergers & Acquisitions, Market Research, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Operations, Brand Building, Strategic Analysis, Growth Accelerator
Trilantic Capital Partners
2013 - 2016
- Worked as the sole associate covering 4 portfolio companies: Highgate Hotels, Traeger Grills, Angelica Corporation, and Westaim.
- Built an in depth operating model with a property-by-property build up sensitizing RevPAR, occupancy, and market growth for equity investment in Highgate Hotels, a third party hotel operator.
- Developed a full refinancing & lender model analyzing new debt covenant levels, interest savings, and break-even levels for potential mezzanine debt refinancing for the Angelica Corporation, a third party linen services manager.
- Analyzed the impact on IRR, MOIC, and valuation of converting from the preferred, minority owner to the majority owner of Traeger Grills, a manufacturer and marketer of wood fired pellet grills.
- Worked with portfolio companies’ executive teams to gather business updates, track performance, and offered strategic advice and analysis.
Focus areas: Venture Funding, Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Benchmarking, Capital Structure Analysis, Growth Capital Raising, Preferred Equity Structures, Budgeting, New Capital Raises, Debt Funding, Capital Planning & Project Analysis, Due Diligence, Comparable Company Analysis, Competitive Analysis, Valuation, Market Research
2011 - 2013
- Worked as an analyst on a $1.1 billion project financing for MidAmerican’s Topaz Solar Project, the largest ever renewable energy project financing voted “Renewables Project Finance Deal of the Year” in Power Finance & Risk (“PFR”) magazine.
- Developed a full financing model sensitizing cash flow and credit impacts of performance and construction scenarios for MidAmerican.
- Worked as an analyst on Highstar Capital’s Acquisition of GWF Energy, LLC (530 MW gas-fired generation portfolio), voted “M&A Asset Deal of the Year” in Power Finance & Risk (“PFR”) magazine.
- Advised EMI Energy Inc. on an equity stake sale, a debt financing raise, and project development for Cape Wind, was expected to be America's first offshore wind farm.
- Modeled a full operating wind model; analyzed EPS/credit accretion and dilution impacts of potential acquisition of Alta X and XI wind projects located in California for a large strategic client.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Modeling, Capital Raising, Financial Risk Assessment, Project Financing Structure, Valuation, Debt Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling and Analysis, Capital Markets, Comparable Company Analysis