New York, NY, United States
Member since November 30, 2016
Joe has helped raise over $1B+ for a renewable energy project, advised on $500M+ in M&A deals, and invested in and managed several high-growth businesses across a variety of industries. As a freelancer, he is excited to work with startups and entrepreneurs to help them find ways to grow their business and raise money. He particularly enjoys food, fitness, travel, and tech businesses. In his free time, Joe is training for an Ironman.
- Consultant2016 - PRESENTSunrise Strategic Partners
Focus areas: Venture Funding, Financial Modeling, Capital Structure Analysis, Comparable Company Analysis, Valuation, Three Statement Operating Model, Mergers & Acquisitions, Market Research, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Operations, Brand Building, Strategic Analysis, Growth Accelerator
- Aided in making minority, preferred equity investments in new portfolio companies Teton Waters Ranch, Kodiak Cakes, Maple Hill Creamery, and Pure Growth Organic.
- Built full three statement models for each investment including in multiple growth scenarios, in depth sensitivity analyses, fully functioning distribution waterfall, and returns analysis.
- Developed detailed investment memorandum to present to the Board of Directors for approval of the investments outlining key merits and considerations of the businesses.
- Assisted and provided support for the ongoing management of portfolio companies as well as deploying the key tools and resources available to aid in growth acceleration of the brands.
- Analyzed and screened potential new investments for potential and further assist on in depth due diligence process should the team decide to pursue an investment.
- Associate2013 - 2016Trilantic Capital Partners
Focus areas: Venture Funding, Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Benchmarking, Capital Structure Analysis, Growth Capital Raising, Preferred Equity Structures, Budgeting, New Capital Raises, Debt Funding, Capital Planning & Project Analysis, Due Diligence, Comparable Company Analysis, Competitive Analysis, Valuation, Market Research
- Worked as the sole associate covering 4 portfolio companies: Highgate Hotels, Traeger Grills, Angelica Corporation, and Westaim.
- Built an in depth operating model with a property-by-property build up sensitizing RevPAR, occupancy, and market growth for equity investment in Highgate Hotels, a third party hotel operator.
- Developed a full refinancing & lender model analyzing new debt covenant levels, interest savings, and break-even levels for potential mezzanine debt refinancing for the Angelica Corporation, a third party linen services manager.
- Analyzed the impact on IRR, MOIC, and valuation of converting from the preferred, minority owner to the majority owner of Traeger Grills, a manufacturer and marketer of wood fired pellet grills.
- Worked with portfolio companies’ executive teams to gather business updates, track performance, and offered strategic advice and analysis.
- M&A Analyst2011 - 2013Barclays Capital
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Modeling, Capital Raising, Financial Risk Assessment, Project Financing Structure, Valuation, Debt Modeling, Cash Flow Modeling and Analysis, Capital Markets, Comparable Company Analysis
- Worked as an analyst on a $1.1 billion project financing for MidAmerican’s Topaz Solar Project, the largest ever renewable energy project financing voted “Renewables Project Finance Deal of the Year” in Power Finance & Risk (“PFR”) magazine.
- Developed a full financing model sensitizing cash flow and credit impacts of performance and construction scenarios for MidAmerican.
- Worked as an analyst on Highstar Capital’s Acquisition of GWF Energy, LLC (530 MW gas-fired generation portfolio), voted “M&A Asset Deal of the Year” in Power Finance & Risk (“PFR”) magazine.
- Advised EMI Energy Inc. on an equity stake sale, a debt financing raise, and project development for Cape Wind, was expected to be America's first offshore wind farm.
- Modeled a full operating wind model; analyzed EPS/credit accretion and dilution impacts of potential acquisition of Alta X and XI wind projects located in California for a large strategic client.
- Snapchat IPO: It’s All About the ARPU, Dummy (Publication)Ahead of Snap's IPO, we take a look at whether the rumoured valuation makes sense, and find that whilst overall market concerns regarding DAU growth are justified, the market is likely under-valuing the company’s ARPU growth prospects. For us, Snap is a Buy.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, General Management2007 - 2011Boston College - Newton, MA, USA