Verified Expert in Finance
Jordan has spent his entire career operating at the crossroads of business and innovation. An entrepreneur himself, he understands the financial complexities early-stage ventures endure while raising capital and bringing new products to market. He spent years working at top Wall Street firms after graduating from the Jerome Fisher Program in Management & Technology at the University of Pennsylvania. A lifelong learner, he freelances as it exposes him to new people, technologies, and companies.
Early-stage Startup Financial Projections Presentation
- Joined Perpetual Media in May 2020 as its first finance executive. Perpetual is a DOOH advertising startup that has developed proprietary technology and platforms targeting the casino TV, convenience store TV, and specialty store TV verticals.
- Developed a fully dynamic, monthly three-statement financial model tailored to the company's business strategy and distribution expectations. Identified key drivers, cost assumptions, and relevant cases for enhanced functionality.
- Designed and produced all investor and strategic materials (decks, one-pagers, executive summaries) to reflect updated financial estimates, key business developments, product positioning, and revamped company branding.
- Instituted a company-specific investor and fundraising strategy, identifying targeted seed and VC investors based on industry focus and check size and advising the company on proposed investment terms and appropriate valuations.
- Reconciled all historical financials and set accounting best practices on an ongoing basis.
Co-Founder & CEO
Hoplite Power, Inc.
- Co-founded an NYC-based startup that developed a network of connected, small-footprint vending kiosks (Hoplite Hubs) that dispense, reaccept, and recharge rentable battery packs for on-demand smartphone charging.
- Bootstrapped two generations of the product into the market, with the first targeting bars and restaurants in the greater New York City area and the second targeting large entertainment, retail, and sports venues.
- Set overall business strategies, visions, and goals, and guided the company toward their execution.
- Led the capital raising efforts resulting in $1.1 million in total, including funding from a prominent early-stage Japanese VC; activities comprised investor outreach, materials production, managing due diligence, and negotiating investment terms.
- Conducted all corporate and administrative duties including accounting and treasury activities, financial forecasting and budgeting, payment processing compliance, tax preparation, contract and agreement drafting, and HR and payroll functions.
- Headed electrical engineering and software development (system architecture design, control circuitry and firmware, APIs for real-time communication, SDK integration, customization of payment software, and programming the consumer-facing UI).
- Participated in the manufacturing and assembly processes, focusing on component selection and bill of materials management, procurement of electronic parts subsystems, custom wire and cable assembly fabrication, and final integration and testing.
- Ran all sales, marketing and branding, and other business development activities, including developing sales strategies, handling the company’s website, producing marketing materials, and collaborating with third-party marketing and PR agencies.
- Managed the company’s daily operations, which involve network monitoring, asset tracking, technical troubleshooting, and customer and client support.
Credit Research Associate, Special Assets Group
- Collaborated with the team that managed and de-risked Goldman Sachs' relationship lending portfolio, originating the company’s leveraged finance and relationship banking operations with an aggregate notional value of approximately $75 billion.
- Covered and price-marked 40 active positions in the portfolio across asset management, specialty finance, pharmaceuticals and biotech, healthcare services, technology, media, insurance, consumer staples, and agricultural industries.
- Worked with various senior team members, depending on the industry and position, to develop risk-mitigation strategies, which included exiting particular positions, purchasing credit default swaps, and initiating strategic bond shorts.
- Built detailed summaries and financial models per covered entity, highlighting historical results, projecting financial estimates, outlining complex organizational debt structures, among other contributions, to determine company-related credit risks.
- Followed equity and credit markets daily and analyzed numerous research publications monitoring macro and micro trends in order to assess investor reaction to industry and company-specific performance.
- Passed Series 7 and Series 63 examinations within the first three months of joining the team.
Investment Banking Analyst
Guggenheim Securities, LLC
- Participated in M&A advisory and the origination and execution of equity and debt products in the automotive, healthcare, information services, media, technology, and telecommunications sectors.
- Built financial models to support merger, acquisition, separation, LBO, recapitalization, share buyback, and comparable company and precedent transaction analyses, and compiled extensive accompanying company-specific and industry-specific research.
- Developed various investor and pitch-related materials including but not limited to detailed presentations, confidential information memoranda, financial summaries, and fairness opinions.
- Advised Tribune Company in its $2.7 billion acquisition of Local TV Holdings, LLC, a broadcaster comprised of 19 owned-and-operated TV stations, in July of 2013.
- Advised Arbitron, Inc. on its $1.3 billion corporate sale to The Nielsen Company, in December of 2012.
- Constructed a renewable energy startup operating plan: a fully-dynamic monthly roll-up model to be used over a three-year period, as the company planned to scale production and raise equity capital and investor presentations, in February of 2013.
- Advised a sponsor-owned multi-billion-dollar media firm regarding the separation of selected assets in addition to analyzing other strategic exit alternatives.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Pennsylvania - School of Engineering - Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor's Degree in Finance & Operations Management
University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School - Philadelphia, PA
Professional Scrum Product Owner I