- Co-founded an NYC-based startup that developed a network of connected, small-footprint vending kiosks (Hoplite Hubs) that dispense, reaccept, and recharge rentable battery packs for on-demand smartphone charging.
- Bootstrapped two generations of the product into the market, with the first targeting bars and restaurants in the greater New York City area and the second targeting large entertainment, retail, and sports venues.
- Set overall business strategies, visions, and goals, and guided the company toward their execution.
- Led the capital raising efforts resulting in $1.1 million in total, including funding from a prominent early-stage Japanese VC; activities comprised investor outreach, materials production, managing due diligence, and negotiating investment terms.
- Conducted all corporate and administrative duties including accounting and treasury activities, financial forecasting and budgeting, payment processing compliance, tax preparation, contract and agreement drafting, and HR and payroll functions.
- Headed electrical engineering and software development (system architecture design, control circuitry and firmware, APIs for real-time communication, SDK integration, customization of payment software, and programming the consumer-facing UI).
- Participated in the manufacturing and assembly processes, focusing on component selection and bill of materials management, procurement of electronic parts subsystems, custom wire and cable assembly fabrication, and final integration and testing.
- Ran all sales, marketing and branding, and other business development activities, including developing sales strategies, handling the company’s website, producing marketing materials, and collaborating with third-party marketing and PR agencies.
- Managed the company’s daily operations, which involve network monitoring, asset tracking, technical troubleshooting, and customer and client support.
Focus areas: Three-statement Modeling, Market Research & Analysis, Pitch Deck Consultant, Apple Keynote, Microsoft Word, Forecasting, Break-even Analysis, Advertising, Digital Advertising, Investments, Inkscape, Tax Software, Term Sheets, Online Research, Lean Startups, Events, Company Research, Presentation Design, Best Practices, Investor Agreements, Financials, Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES), Finance, Budgeting, Team Building, United States, Interviewing, Rentals, Pricing Models, Modeling, Industry Analysis, Venture Funding, Due Diligence, New Product Roll-out, Feature Backlog Prioritization, Team Management, Product Owner, Comparable Company Analysis, Communication, Recruiting, Startups, Project Management, Fundraising, Modeling Cases, Sensitivity Analysis, Research, Revenue & Expense Projections, Venture Capital, Investor Presentations, Pitch Presentations, CEO, Interim CFO, Startup Funding, Microsoft Excel, Technology, Microsoft PowerPoint, Financial Modeling, Operations, Business Strategy, Strategy, COO, CFO, Consumer Services, Consumer Products, Project Finance, CleanTech, REST APIs, Python, Java, Incorporation, WiX, HubSpot, Bank Reconciliation, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Sales Pitches, Bootstrapping, Business Modeling, Human Resources (HR), Payroll & Benefits, QuickBooks Online, Accounting, Contract, Term Sheet Negotiations, Branding, Sales & Marketing, Go-to-market Plans, Hardware, New Product Development, Pitch Decks, Investor Relations, Cap Tables, Financial Forecasting, Software Development, Prototyping, Seed Fundraising, Early-stage Startups