Verified Expert in Finance
Kuk is a strategic financial leader with in-depth experience working across the spectrum of value creation ranging from innovation to partnership and business development, M&A, and strategic enterprise initiatives. Kuk's created new internal capabilities by founding M&A/corporate development and venture investment teams. Although not a technologist, Kuk has a deep understanding and appreciation of the technology ecosystem and has led analytics and technology teams during his career as a result.
Strategic Acquisition | End to End
M&A Integration Expert
Airiam Holdings, LLC
- Was responsible for M&A integration, including financial, business, and strategic.
- Developed M&A playbook starting from overall strategy to post-merger integration.
- Executed three acquisitions that added 20% of additional revenue for the company.
- Asked to take on the CFO role to help the company do a strategic reset, including a new round of funding.
CFO and VP of Technology
- Reduced the operating expense budget of an IT organization by 60% while maintaining service levels for the organization.
- Built a plan for the organization to reduce expenses by a further 50% while providing service levels necessary for the enterprise in the future.
- Led a Chapter 11 reorganization process for the technology organization. Mainly led negotiations with key IT vendors, including telecommunications providers resulting in an over 70% reduction of owed amounts.
Vice President | Corporate Development
- Joined the company to start and lead the corporate development team and all the acquisition and investment activities from 2004 through 2014.
- Led the first controlling acquisition of a Chinese retailer by a foreign entity in 2006 as part of an overall assessment for international expansion.
- Developed an internal venture investment program for the company generating both strategic and financial returns. Based on the analysis done by an investment bank, the program was in the top quartile of funds.
- Oversaw the assessment of the company's operating model resulting in over $500 million in operating profit improvements.
- Coordinated an assessment of the company's services business resulting in over $200 million in operating profit improvements.
State Board of Accountancy