Verified Expert in Finance
Kyle's been involved in more than 65 M&A and capital-raising projects with more than $7B of combined value, and he's led both the FP&A group of a $1B tech company and a $700M investment fund. As a consultant, he enjoys taking clients to the next level with strategic insight, accurate modeling, and capital advisory. He's helped energy, tech, industrial, transport, and retail companies evaluate strategic decisions and succeed.
Industry Research Providing Due Diligence Support for Acquisition
Wade Strategy, LLC
- Led an FP&A team at $1+ billion internet company in constructing their 2019 budget involving more than 70 business units; efforts included evaluating a variety of strategic initiatives and restructuring group to better execute future projects.
- Spearheaded the successful capital raising efforts for small business clients in manufacturing and agricultural industries totaling $2.4 million of capital for two businesses with $10 million of total revenue.
- Constructed complex integrated financial statement projection models for a financial services client with $5 million of annual cash flow.
- Assisted client with financial due diligence efforts in the acquisition of a consumer packaged goods business valued at $1 million.
- Completed business plans for two new small businesses with annualized revenues of $700,000.
- Performed thorough market research projects on the fabricated steel industry and US ferry systems for clients evaluating acquisitions totaling $300 million.
- Taught modules on valuation and financial analysis for a continuing education company specializing in financial professionals.
- Conducted primary market research on companies in the restaurant, retail, and medical device industries.
Vera Funds, LLC
- Constructed an executable business plan with measurable goals, and led fundraising efforts resulting in $2 million of startup capital being raised.
- Built an 8-factor systematic trading model with a 4 Sharpe Ratio since March 2018.
- Executed the investor relations role, providing accurate and timely information to financial partners.
- Carried out daily trading operations to update investor positions per model.
- Led the US energy market neutral business group, managing up to $700 million gross capital invested in integrated, E&P, refining, chemicals, pipelines, oilfield services, shipping, independent power producers, logistics, and materials segments in the United States, Canada, and Europe with net returns above 10% on very low volatility in 2 of 3 years.
- Executed a market-neutral strategy based on creating a dynamic portfolio of up to 50 long and 50 short equity and options positions from an investment universe of more than 300 companies while staying within tight risk factor constraints with beta no more than 2% from zero.
- Managed a risk model reflecting real-time changes in portfolio and market conditions through at least five industry shocks of more than 4% daily impact on the energy industry without more than a 0.5% impact to the portfolio.
- Created financial models and made investment decisions with regards to new equity offerings within the energy, industrial, and transport sectors, resulting in more than $20 million in profits.
- Conducted frequent interviews with an extensive variety of management teams and reviewed wide variety of documents and information to conduct due diligence, develop more accurate financial models and evaluate investment decisions.
Partner, Portfolio Manager, Analyst
- Served as head of the energy group responsible for upstream and downstream energy investments; a sub-portfolio within the Copia Market Neutral Fund (2010-2013) and the Copia Thematic Long Short Fund (2013-2014), managing up to $450 million gross with returns exceeding 15% net during 3 out of 4 years.
- Led a team of three analysts and a trader in the research and execution of investments on more than 300 securities within the integrated, E&P, refining, chemicals, oil service, logistics, and materials segments in the United States, Canada, Europe, China, Africa, and South America.
- Managed the sell-side relationships for energy sector research coverage involving more than $5 million in fees.
- Created valuation and financial statement projection models on more than 100 energy companies; this included financial modeling and extensive reservoir analysis for comparative investment evaluation.
- Developed a strategy combining equity, commodity, and options trading for the Copia Thematic Long Short Fund to create a tax-efficient, directional strategy designed for high net-worth individuals designed to improve after-tax returns by at least 2% annually.
- Provided advice and financial modeling for three companies with long-term investments in the portfolio; recommended more than $5 million of cash flow improvements.
Simmons & Company
- Performed analytical modeling, valuation, and cash flow analysis on over 45 merger and acquisition projects in retail, energy and industrial industries with more than $6 billion in combined value.
- Managed more than ten sale processes for private companies seeking to monetize their businesses; wrote selling memorandum, constructed data rooms and ran bid processes.
- Constructed a full industry and strategy review of every public company in the E&P space for a hedge fund client preparing to begin investing in that group; led to more than $100 million being invested.
- Provided analytical support on three public and two private capital raises in equity and debt markets to finance expansions, acquisitions and leveraged buyouts totaling approximately $700 million of value.
- Led a team of 15 analysts in publishing a monthly macroeconomic energy guide that went out to more than 400 clients.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Analytic Finance, Operations Management, Strategic Management
University of Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Mathematics
Rice University - Houston, TX, USA
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)