Consultant2019 - PRESENTHealis Business Consulting
- Developed a comprehensive business plan for a fintech start-up, including target market identification, market sizing, competitive analysis, marketing plan development, and operations analysis.
- Built a dynamic three-statement operating model including 5 years of financial projections, a valuation model, and an LBO model to analyze an investment opportunity for a private equity client.
- Helped an EdTech client prepare for a Series A fundraising round by reviewing and refining their investor pitch deck, and building a valuation model.
- Developed a launch plan, including pricing, marketing, operations flow, and sales strategy for a new service by an EdTech start-up in the healthcare space.
Founder and President2018 - 2020Goodbye Skeeter
Focus areas: Due Diligence, Finance Strategy, Pricing Strategy, Revenue Modeling, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Modeling, Market Opportunity Analysis, Pricing, Budgeting, Business Planning, Small Business Management, Business Strategy
- Founded and built a new company, designing and executing a marketing strategy to target critical clients, successfully progressing to a public launch in less than three months.
- Gained experience in branding, marketing, operations, website development, supplier management, and small business financial budgeting and decision making.
- Hired, managed, and mentored new employees.
- Built financial models to drive budgeting and pricing decisions.
- Developed pricing strategies based on competitive analysis, revenue and expense projections, and return targets.
- Performed due diligence and put together financial models/business plans for several start-up opportunities before deciding to launch Goodbye Skeeter.
- Successfully negotiated an exit for Goodbye Skeeter to our largest competitor. We achieved the full business life cycle from concept to launch to profitability to exit in only 24 months.
Executive Director - Investment Banking2013 - 2016Morgan Stanley
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Equity Financing, Equity Raises, Equity Valuation, Debt, Debt Raises, Debt Structuring, Bank Debt Raises, Finance Strategy, Convertible Debt, Convertible Equity, Project Evaluation, Due Diligence, Corporate Finance
- Advised a publicly-traded $20 billion global mining company on its proposed merger with a peer with responsibilities that included valuation, peer benchmarking, strategic positioning, investor relations, and leading negotiations.
- Oversaw the portfolio rationalization and proposed capital structure transactions for a $20 billion company including strategic analysis, peer benchmarking, public market considerations, and debt capacity analysis.
- Advised a $1 billion market capitalization client on a $100 million acquisition with responsibilities that included bid strategy, target valuation, investor relations, acquisition financing, and due diligence.
- Advised Yamana Gold, a publicly-traded company with a $2.5 billion market capitalization, on its $500 million inaugural investment grade debt offering.
- Led deal teams through each step of the transaction life cycle including pitch development, process launch, valuation analysis, financial modeling, competitive positioning, due diligence, bid strategy, negotiation, and closing.
- Managed the sale of an industrial mineral project including soliciting bids from international buyers, leading multiple rounds of bid submissions, coordinating due diligence, and negotiating final deal terms.
- Managed cross-functional teams including individuals from the investment banking, equity capital markets, debt capital markets, corporate finance, rating advisory, and M&A groups.
- Developed financial models and client presentations for 100+ pitches, mandates, and transactions.
Vice President2006 - 2012Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Corporate Finance, Convertible Debt, Convertible Equity, Equity Financing, Equity Raises, Equity Valuation, Equity Offerings, Private Credit, Debt, Debt Raises
- Built dozens of financial models for various financing, M&A, and corporate finance client mandates.
- Developed and presented analysis to the corporate development, treasury, and executive teams, as well as board members of prospective clients.
- Worked on public debt, private debt, convertibles, equity, buy-side, and sell-side processes as well as defense advisory transactions.
- Led due diligence activities on various projects including target site visits.
- Performed peer benchmarking and comparable valuation analysis on clients and acquisition targets.
- Supported a $10 billion market capitalization client in a $655 million acquisition including financial modeling, valuation analysis, peer benchmarking, investor positioning and communication, board presentations, bid preparation, and final negotiation.
- Provided financial modeling and strategic advisory support to a $15 billion consumer retail client evaluating various acquisition targets and analyzing corporate restructuring scenarios.
Product Development Engineer1999 - 2005Meridian Technologies
Focus areas: project management, mechanical engineering, automotive, automotive design, technical project management, team building
- Designed the front end structural module for the 2004 Ford F-150, the instrument panel structure for the 2007 Jaguar XK sports coupe, and the instrument panel support structures for the Dodge Caliber and Jeep Compass crossover vehicles.
- Led teams of designers on a wide range of prototype and live program projects in Canada, the United States, and Europe.
- Managed cross-functional new product development projects and teams incorporating sales, design, engineering, prototyping, and production.
- Ran simulated and real-world performance testing to ensure all designs satisfied targets.
- Managed project development from initial concept through design, prototyping, testing, and production.