Verified Expert in Product Management
Ahmad is experienced in developing and managing products from concept to launch, with a proven track record in identifying market opportunities, defining product requirements, and driving product development. He is also skilled in go-to-market planning and execution. He analyzes and solves problems by thinking strategically and executing tactically. Ahmad is a leader who is adept at liaising between technical and non-tech savvy people to communicate project requirements and updates.
Technical Product and Engineering Manager
- Analyzed customer feedback for data-driven improvements to the marketplace user experience, contributing to over $5 million in monthly revenue and attracting numerous sellers and customers to the platform.
- Streamlined budget management for product development projects, ensuring optimal return on investment.
- Utilized Agile methodologies for effective project management, including managing sprints and Jira boards and crafting comprehensive user stories and specifications.
- Led the successful migration of a marketplace from Mirakl to a Python back-end system, and SharafDG.com's PIM system to the Akeneo PIM system, delivered in just three months.
- Managed a seamless data migration involving hundreds of sellers, tens of thousands of listings, and hundreds of thousands of products.
- Oversaw integration with various systems, including SAP, WooCommerce, LowCode, and OMS.
- Streamlined budget management for product development projects, maximizing return on investment and ensuring all expenses remained within the allocated limits.
- Conducted regular meetings with team members to discuss upcoming product developments and changes in company policy, maintaining alignment and focus on the marketplace's strategic objectives.
- Played a crucial role in recruiting, onboarding, and mentoring team members, fostering a collaborative and learning-oriented environment.
Co-founder | Senior Product Manager
- Managed the conceptualization and launch of an award-winning, UK-accredited B2B innovation management system. This top-selling product has generated USD 3+ million since its 2018 launch.
- Increased revenue by 35% after developing and executing a partnership strategy with innovation consultants, companies, and the public sector.
- Led teams of sales, engineering, product, design, and marketing experts in all phases of the custom product solutions delivery, including the requirements, build, test, QA, launch, and support phases for public and private sector clients.
Technical Product and Engineering Manager
- Bridged the gap between the business and its customers and the technology teams, including sales specialists, product managers, developers, designers, and QA engineers, to communicate and align with requirements for various projects.
- Contributed to creating the product vision and translated and prioritized requirements to maintain an accurate and achievable roadmap.
- Owned the planning, scheduling, and reprioritization of roadmaps.
- Met 93% of all features' deadlines and stayed below the budget 98% of the time by identifying and mitigating engineering roadblocks.
- Conceptualized modern enterprise software in close collaboration with industry-leading clients such as NASA, DARPA, LendingTree, and the US Department of Energy.
- Developed unified modeling language designs and Visio models for complex software projects.
Innovation Management System
Led a team of over 30 people cross-functioning across all phases to deliver an innovation management system that replaced well-established systems in the field, earning an ideasUK Platinum Accreditation for the entities using the system.
3D Data Center Visualization Tool
Directed the design and development of an in-house web tool for the 3D visualization of over 500 data centers for a leading telecom company in the region.
Crowd Sourced Formal Verification (CSFV) Platform
Managed the design and development of the CSFV social community platform, including its integration with Amazon Mechanical Turk to automate crowdsourcing to gamers.
The Sunshot Initiative of the US DOE
Oversaw the technical product development of at least ten teams to build subsidy‐free solar energy cost‐competitive products for the US Department of Energy (DOE).
Not enough Americans have adopted solar energy, and it is believed that soft costs plus numerous barriers to adopt solar have hindered overall uptake. As part of its ongoing mission to boost the adoption of solar energy, the US DOE announced a competition series called SunShot Catalyst to help cutting-edge companies speed up time-to-market for innovative new solar solutions. Participants were challenged to submit problem statements that could be solved through automation, algorithms, data, and software.
Through an open call for ideas that generated hundreds of submissions, the DOE and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory curated top ideas for business models into a grouping of 17 unique finalists. These 17 teams were each given access to the Topcoder platform and a budget of $25,000, enabling them to execute quickly on design concepts, prototypes, and minimum viable products.
NASA Planetary Data Storyboard (PDS)https://www.nasa.gov/feature/pds-storyboard-challenge
Led the design and development of the pilot version of the web application that allows scientists to put together storyboards and collaborate on planetary data by sharing artifacts.
The PDS project is to set up a POC for a Pinterest-like research tool that links the PDS with users who want to create research projects.
Amazon MTurk "Pay To Play" SaaS Automation
Led the development of a crowdsource SaaS product that saved hundreds of hours per week for game app developers.
Mturification is a multi-tenant SaaS that exposes API for game app developers to integrate with Amazon MTurk API with the web admin dashboard.
In-class Mini Gym
Led the design and development of an IoT In-class Mini Gym as part of the Fighting Obesity initiative in the UAE.
The project has three parts:
• The TV dashboard displays ongoing activities during play or the Leaderboard at the ideal time.
• An Android app to launch IoT device games.
• The 9x9 tile grid on the floor and wall, managed by the RaspberyPI device, interacts via the TCP/IP ethernet and wires.
Project and Task Management System
Led the design and development to build internal software tool for managing projects and portfolio and tasks.
The system was built with localization and internationalization features, dashboards, reports, and a visualized PDF report generation feature.
TAMM Digital Transformationhttps://www.tamm.abudhabi/
Led a team of 25 resources to transform and automate Abu Dhabi entities business processes.
I led the project as a tech lead and solution architect, designing the processes and managing the resources to execute them for 25 entities with hundreds of processes via a world-class low code platform and Camunda business process platform.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Yarmouk University - Irbid, Jordan
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring