Benjamin Martin Kaleja
Verified Expert in Product Management
As product manager and project lead, Benjamin has launched products to 6-figure audiences, such as a customer service chatbot, a connected-car solution, and an industrial IoT analytics suite. He's led interdisciplinary teams that were distributed across countries. Benjamin has founded and successfully sold an AI SaaS company, demonstrating his entrepreneurial spirit, commercial acumen, and expertise in emerging technologies.
Product Management and IT Consultant
- Consulted on the design and establishment of a company builder at Körber Digital.
- Completed the product launch of a B2C chatbot at Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe.
- Performed a market study on a smart insurance platform at Volkswagen.
- Consulted on a connected car project at Volkswagen.
- Consulted on an API-based data lake project at Munich Re.
- Realized a smart home product launch at ERGO Digital.
- Handled an enterprise architecture management project at DHL.
- Contributed to a social media excellence project at Audi.
Founder | CPO | Managing Director
ZenOps Technologies GmbH
- Built and launched a SaaS platform for SMBs to put IT management and security processes on autopilot.
- Raised €1 million from European and US-based VC funds and notable angel investors, such as the MD Microsoft EMEA or CISO of AWS, and managed the investor relations full cycle.
- Sold the company to a Singapore-based competitor in an all-share M&A transaction.
- Performed all relevant activities in the venture capital deal chain from deal sourcing to portfolio company sales processes.
- Built a strong network in the German start-up ecosystem.
- Modeled business cases and derived enterprise valuation with various methods such as DCF.
- Negotiated term sheets and structured deals >1 million EUR.
- Performed due diligence activities on buy-side as well as sell-side.
Business Development Intrn
- Analyzed South American markets for market entry opportunities and modeled opportunity size.
- Assisted in various sales and account management activities.
- Explored adjacent market segments for diversification.
IT Consulting Working Student
- Consulted clients with regard to their IT and enterprise architecture governance.
- Contributed to white papers about cloud computing architectures.
- Analyzed clients total costs of ownership of technology choices.
IT Consultant Intern
- Conducted risk management assessments of blue-chip clients.
- Assessed cloud computing infrastructures for vulnerabilities and performed penetration testing activities.
- Implemented IT controls according to leading frameworks such as COBIT.
- Performed fraud detection audits.
- Advised clients with regard to emergent cybersecurity threats.
- Researched and monitored the coating process of mechanical components with ultra-hard, amorphous carbon layers.
- Assisted in conducting experiments in various domains of industrial technologies.
Körber Digital: Establishing of a Company Builder for Industrial IoThttps://koerber.digital/
Product owner for a Smart Factory app store; set up the product management department, and agile coach for product owners.
DekaBank: B2B Chatbot Launch
Served as the project lead and handled product development and launch throughout three major development stages.
Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe: B2C Banking Chatbot Launch
Development of go-to-market strategy and product ownership; onboarding of customers; 73% accuracy; reach: 3+ million users.
Volkswagen: Data Platform for Vehicle Data
Strategic foresight, market landscape analysis, project setup, and design of technological blueprint.
Volkswagen: Connected Car Launchhttp://www.volkswagen-we.com
Business case development, product management consulting, and supply chain and operation strategy.
Munich Re: IoT Platform/Data Lake Project
Led requirements analysis and MVP design and business case modeling.
ERGO Digital: Smart Home Product Launchhttps://www.smarthome.de/moeglichkeiten/ergo-smarthome-schutzbrief
Product strategy and management for collaboration of ERGO and Telekom for a joint product launch.
DHL Express: Capability Management Project
Led a team of six to implement a capability lifecycle process across the clients' organization.
Audi: Social Media Excellence
Data analytics of social media streaming data, benchmarking of dealer's performance, and derivation of actionable metrics.
SAP: Cloud Platform Strategyhttps://www.sap.com/products/technology-platform.html
Assessed SAP's hyperscaler strategy for a SaaS product portfolio.
Master's Degree in IT Systems Engineering and Management
Technical University of Berlin - Berlin, Germany
Exchange Participant in MBA Program
Siam University Bangkok - Bangkok, Thailand
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering and Management
Technical University of Dresden - Dresden, Germany
ChatGPT Prompt Engineering for Developers
Generative AI with Large Language Models
PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate in Project Management
AXELOS Global Best Practice
AWS Fundamentals: Building Serverless Applications
AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud-Native
Microsoft Enterprise Security Fundamentals
Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I)
Big Data Analytics
Hasso Plattner Institute
Professional Scrum Master Level I (PSM I)