Verified Expert in Product Management
A global marketing leader with years of experience bolstering startups and blue chip companies like Johnnie Walker, American Express, BCG, and The Washington Post, Brion has exceeded goals, expanded into new markets, and significantly increased profits. He has managed dispersed cross-functional teams to create campaigns with digital and global insight. Brion's innovative strategy has garnered awards for exceptional marketing that delivers.
Digital Marketing Product Manager
Trillium Beverages Pvt. Ltd.
- Created an annual marketing plan for premium hard cider. Shifted budget to focus on high-growth activities to expand the footprint and reach new customer segments.
- Managed agency and developed a new creative platform and media buying strategy.
- Set up key partnership and co-branding opportunities to build reputation and affinity marketing.
- Recommended new marketing stack to improve performance marketing.
- Create strategic recommendations for the CEO on GTM, market research and personas, and brand development.
Expert Product Management Consultant
- Acted as a senior principal consultant on various clients (including Workday) focused on product operating model excellence, product strategy, and business cases.
- Originated and completed nine client deliverables, including documented frameworks, models, strategies, assessments, processes, and tools.
- Completed and supported work for more than five clients/prospects.
- Developed full organizational metrics strategic framework that enhanced focus from tactical, project, and volume-based to outcomes.
- Audited roles and responsibilities and led workstream to improve alignment to a product model and drive efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Expert Brand Consultant
- Created a new brand while collaborating with the executive team, including defining the mission, values, positioning, personality, tone, and archetype.
- Grew demand generation and organic leads by more than 50%.
- Created a new brand campaign by developing a strategy and selecting and managing an advertising agency for success.
- Managed creative and media agencies for primary research, strategy, creative platform development, campaign strategy, and execution. Initiated new interim campaigns, driving demand using paid search and LinkedIn.
- Invented a new product category, SaaS naming, and pricing tiers.
- Developed an exhaustive competitive analysis of more than 20 companies to determine differentiation in a crowded space.
- Conducted interviews with over 25 team members to define sentiment, marketing, and branding baseline to inform an overall strategy.
Product Manager | Recruitment Professional Network
- Developed a new platform to stake a new market niche in recruitment and HR services.
- Performed competitive analysis and mapped a unique position in the market.
- Created and defined a new brand, working with the CEO.
- Strategized on the product roadmap, business model, and GTM to deliver a best-in-class plan.
- Initiated and performed primary research to drive potential customer insights and product feature lists, ensuring data quality with Informatica Master Data Management (MDM).
Head of Digital Products | Senior Director
- Led ten product teams for innovative, mobile, on-demand diagnostics and provider hub and launched three new products in six months.
- Developed industry-leading product and data management roadmap.
- Improved velocity of product development and releases by more than 15%.
- Introduced full-scale Agile methodologies for developing products.
- Launched a new API Marketplace for providers and payers.
- Increased NPS by more than 20% and doubled patient retention.
Head of Product Management
Clear Health Inc
- Worked with the executive team to develop a roadmap for MVP and three additional releases.
- Identified and defined new market opportunities, regulatory compliance approach, and business model enhancements.
- Ensured development met best practices for agile development, QA/ testing, and releases.
- Drove strategy and credential approach to win architecture approval from key clients.
Healthcare Product Management Consultant
Flatiron Health - Main
- Advised executive team on product strategy, roadmap, and execution for EHR products, process, and approach.
- Managed development and testing teams to create new products and meet regulatory requirements.
- Drove digital innovation to support oncology ambulatory private practices.
- Met HL7 and Government mandated ONC15 compliance requirements.
- Developed launch plans and product roadmaps with cross-functional internal stakeholders.
Product Manager | Marketing Strategist
Farr Capital LLC
- Drove the product roadmap and marketing strategy to launch a competitive RV renting marketplace and improve the end-to-end experience for both hosts and guests.
- Developed new features and functionalities to provide innovation in the market.
- Refined the business model with the CEO to create a differentiated offering in the market.
- Created a new, unique brand, working with the CEO and designer.
- Initiated and conducted primary qualitative research, using 1–1 interviews and a discussion guide.
- Conceived a pricing model to carve a unique position.
- Built a marketing plan and strategy to introduce the brand and garner market share with an economical, high ROI model.
Head of Product and Marketing
- Co-founded an international adtech start-up, focused on building a marketplace for the digital out-of-home industry.
- Created trademark and two US patent pending technologies, offering programmatic digital out-of-home buying, data intelligence, and proof-of-play.
- Built an innovative SaaS platform from brand new and clean code.
- Established a partner network of 20+ publishers with over 100,000 screens.
- Led a team of nine, with the headquarters in New York and an office in India.
- Tested and created a powerful but streamlined, user journey for purchasing advertising and campaign management.
- Conceived, wrote and pitched press releases, driving coverage from more than 100 media outlets and a potential audience reach of 10,000,000+.
Global Head of Digital Products and Multi-channel Marketing Strategy
- Raised the digital and multi-channel capability for one of the world's premier life science companies in the pharmaceutical industry with $40 billion in revenue and 120,000 employees.
- Devised, gained board approval, and implemented a 3-year, $75 million+ digital transformation and an omni-marketing strategy program: strategy, communications and a staffing plan, a stakeholder management approach, and vendor selection criteria.
- Oversaw a team of more than ten product managers in content marketing, data management, campaign management, mobile, social, webinar, messaging through email, analytics, organic search with SEO, and paid search.
- Implemented Adobe Campaign Manager with industry-first capabilities to connect with WeChat—1 billion+ users—, Line— a messaging app in Japan with >200 million users—, Veeva—a Salesforce third-party app for the pharmaceutical industry—in under a year.
- Led the roll-out of the first enterprise-wide omni-campaign management system and digital product management. Developed the communication strategy, training material, and adoption.
- Recognized as a 2017 Talent Champion: Coached and provided growth opportunities for employees’ development.
- Proved that omni-channel marketing strategy vs. the traditional sales and marketing approach lifted revenue by >10%.
- Managed the mobile development team and digital product teams, which delivered more than 20 products.
- Created global digital asset management (DAM) and a process to re-use images, photos, and content, resulting in 15%+ cost savings and enhanced compliance.
- Crafted data strategy and architecture, and implemented new data tools, including a data management platform (DMP) using Adobe Audience Manager.
Global Digital Marketing and Innovation Director
- Built a global center of excellence in digital marketing for the world’s largest spirits and beverages company, with more than $15 billion in revenue and 40,000+ employees.
- Developed a comprehensive enterprise, global digital transformation program including the roadmap, brand architecture, data management, measurement and evaluation, best practice collaboration, and the execution framework.
- Supervised a team of 20+ based in five continents to deliver more than 1,000 innovative campaigns in web, social, mobile, SEO, and CRM.
- Delivered an ROI of more than 300% on digital marketing investments.
- Accomplished a double-digit increase in engagement and sales via loyalty programs for Johnnie Walker, Single Malt Scotches, and Luxury Rums. Owned content-driven emails, events, partners, and special events.
- Drove thought leadership and more than ten industry social and digital innovations. Developed mobile vouchering, Twitter age verification, Facebook listening studies, personalized QR codes, crowdsourced outlet mapping, and an ROI-based marketing mix.
- Launched and expanded eCommerce sites to balance the scale with local market relevancy and commercial goals.
- Expanded the digital footprint in emerging markets such as Turkey and East Africa through an intensive 4-month in-country program.
- Improved analyst digital brand intelligence rankings of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, and Crown Royal to the top of their respective categories.
Digital Marketing Lead, Americas
- Promoted as a team manager of eight, based in New York, Miami, Sao Paulo, and Bogota.
- Coached the team to deliver more than 200 digital campaigns with a value of over $20 million.
- Managed stakeholders and communications for digital marketing across more than 10 countries, achieving an internal satisfaction rating of 4.2 out of 5, the highest in the world compared to peers.
- Upskilled the team to create specialties across content marketing, mobile, analytics, social, search, paid advertising, innovation, and architecture.
- Led an enterprise-wide project to migrate a legacy provider based in South Africa from a limited capability to a distributed global model using best-in-class technology, MDM, and REST API standards.
- Launched new digital marketing channels and improved the quality of the existing ones, including web, mobile, social, messaging, and video.
Global Program Lead for Johnnie Walker + Smirnoff
- Delivered an award-winning website featured in Adweek to more than 80 countries. Improved vodka SEO ranking to number one on Google.
- Created a global clone model and playbook and managed teams to deploy.
- Pioneered an industry-first mobile website, launched on budget and time.
- Founded a New York startup marketing and communications consultancy focused on helping organizations maximize opportunities through technology.
- Attracted clients, managed communications, and navigated complex, matrixed internal organizations of stakeholders.
- Delivered more than ten digital projects that delivered improved websites, user journeys, and enterprise transformation that resulted in more than $2 million in client estimated value.
- Analyzed opportunities for increase page visibility and rankings. Employed techniques, both content, tags, and technical, to get Smirnoff ranked #1 for vodka on Google.
- Optimized a website: Performed heuristic analysis for the American Express Travel site to increase customer satisfaction by 10+% and purchase conversions.
- Reduced the website bounce rate: Evaluated alcohol industry standards for age gates, set benchmarks, and deployed solutions to reduce bounce by more than 20%.
- Developed an 80-page training guide for Diageo's new hires.
- Set up an innovation project to engage American Express customers using emerging technologies, including RSS.
- Recruited a team to deliver progressive digital solutions to American Express, Diageo, and other travel and financial services clients.
Account Director, Marketing
- Led an American Express interactive account for leading direct, digital marketing. Managed senior client executive communications and devised stakeholder map and strategy.
- Coached a team of professionals across capabilities to drive 110% increase in year-over-year revenue.
- Designed and implemented ground breaking credit card dashboard experience for customers. Features included statement of both consumer and business accounts, travel plans, upgrade offers, payment management. Received industry accolades and awards.
- Created new americanexpress.com consumer experience, resulting in higher site traffic, revenue, and customer acquisition.
- Innovated new ways for consumers to spend their Membership Rewards Points, including seasonal promotions, RSS feed updates and new parternships.
- Directed global product management for the world’s largest IT research and advisory company, with over 10,000 clients in 60 countries.
- Managed and devised the strategy for the highest-grossing product, representing one-third of the company’s total revenue—$300 million.
- Launched new segmented products and grew to a $2.7 million business.
- Improved marketing and product management for a world-leading media site. During my tenure, unique visitors increased by 220%, and the revenue more than doubled.
- Promoted to people management responsibilities, spearheading a marketing manager, a coordinator, and a graphics team.
- Developed and launched new franchise products, including WashingtonJobs.com, increasing traffic by 100% and revenue by 150% in 12 months vs. the previous site.
- Managed advertising agencies and consultants to deliver rebranding and three new media products.
- Designed, wrote the business case, and launched a new evergreen product—Washington's Best Bets—that became the highest-trafficked local part of washingtonpost.com. Garnered the highest consumer engagement vs. the 100 cities in the CitySearch network.
- Piloted industry-first usability testing using a statistically significant sample size to improve site experience. Increased page views and time on site by +15%.
- Wrote and released press releases to gain visibility and share of voice.
Diageo Digital Transformation: "Program of the Year"
Led a global, enterprise-wide digital transformation program increasing digital marketing effectiveness by >25%.
Project NEO: Digital Transformation
Resulted in velocity of CRM campaigns from 2x to 10x per month, increasing internal customer satisfaction, and driving a 3X increase in CRM related revenue.
American Express: Credit Card Management Experiencehttp://americanexpress.com
Improved user experience, customer satisfaction, stickiness and increased revenue. Uplift of 10%+ on all measures.
The project received both internal American Express praise as well as industry accolades and awards.
Sanofi: Digital Transformation and Omni-channel Capabilities
Increased Net Promote Score by more than 20%; sales effectiveness and productivity lift of more than 25%; delivered ROI of more than 2x.
Product Architecture: Growth and Extension
Launched new products, grew overall research revenue, improved profit margins.
Urban IQ: Startup Adtech Producthttp://theurbaniq.com
Led the launch of an adtech platform that garnered more than $1 million in revenue and attracted premiere ad agencies in two continents as clients.
Mobile and facial recognition data for demographic targeting was also enabled. Established purchasing/ad service capability with a network of 20+ publishers with 100,000+ screens.
Captain's Conquest: Mobile Gaming Apphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDR0DKV4TA
Built one of the most downloaded and used apps in the beverage industry. Broke ground for gamification in the industry and won a Silver Cannes Ad award. Saw more than 500,000 downloads.
Washington Post Website Relaunchhttp://Washingtonjobs.com
Led marketing and product development efforts of new site, increasing traffic 100% and revenue by 150% in less than 12 months vs. the previous site.
Launched European Luxury eCommerce Site
Set up and launched the first direct-to-consumer site in the liquor (beverage) space, driving brand growth. Awarded the web award from The Web Marketing Association. and recognized by Luxury Daily as one of the top ten digital projects
Program Portfolio SEO Brand Improvement
Led the global strategy and renovation of web sites to achieve industry-beating SEO rankings, including number one for Vodka.
Led the creation of Diageo Labs. Achieved industry firsts and the successful commercialization of a digital marketing technology.
Social Media Breakthrough
Achieved the number one spirit brand on social media, the reach of 3.2 million people in 120 countries, and 1.8 billion media impressions.
Re-branding Bulleit Bourbonhttps://www.bulleit.com/
Increased Bulleit Bourbon's sales by more than 200% and grew sales faster than established brands such as Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Four Roses. Bulliet became the fastest growing bourbon brand.
American Express: Accelerate Membership Rewards Points Spend and Depletion
Led team to devise new ways for customers to spend membership rewards points, accelerating the depletion rate by >25%.
Boosting Membership in Loyalty Programs
Added millions of members and drove higher consumer engagement for key premium brands of Johnnie Walker, Oban, and Zacapa rum.
Pricing and Positioning Strategy for a New Gaming and Streaming App
Developed successful pricing and positioning of a new product category, raising funds and achieving market adoption.
Frontline Leadership Program in Business Administration
George Washington University - Washington, DC, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Political Science
Oakland University - Rochester, MI, USA
Display and Video 360
Google Campaign Manager
Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Adobe Certified Expert - Adobe Campaign Business Practitioner
Sitecore Certified Marketer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring