Product and Technology Lead2019 - PRESENTPricekit
- Conducted market research to validate the business opportunity and identify high-yield target use cases.
- Developed a full-stack prototype (in React, Python, AWS) that was used as the basis for MVP offering.
- Created and iterated on UX designs (in Figma).
Product Manager and Data Scientist2016 - PRESENTDatamythic
- Defined the market opportunity and product roadmap for extending proprietary distribution/logistics software across the business portfolio for Driven Brands (a Fortune 500 sized auto services company owning Meineke, Maaco, and others).
- Developed feature specifications and sample solutions for 12 different analytic models included in Azure ML Studio for Microsoft.
- Developed the MVP product specifications for a set of new cloud services related to content tagging, sensitive content identification, archival, and search for Metalogix (a division of Quest Software).
Chief Product Officer2017 - 2019Higher Logic
- Built a new product team with a cohesive process and tools across four acquired companies.
- Developed and implemented a product strategy in an adjacent segment - doubling the size of the total addressable market.
- Managed the day to day road-map for a portfolio of content management and marketing-automation products. This included doing customer research, writing user stories, developing UX specs and working with engineering to ship updates every two weeks.
- Built a cloud micro-service, data, and machine learning platform using the AWS stack - connected all legacy products into that environment.
- Created messaging/positioning and value prop assets for sales, marketing, analyst relations, and PR use.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive API strategy to enable our products to easily and consistently integrate with over 50 different CRM, marketing automation, email delivery, and trouble ticketing systems.
- Created a new visual drag-and-drop front end application used for designing web pages and email templates.
- Implemented automated web/email marketing campaigns and created a set of customer self-service tools to improve internal response times/efficiency.
Chief Product and Marketing Officer2012 - 2016Upskill
- Managed product management, UX, software engineering, and quality assurance using an Agile/Scrum development approach.
- Conceptualized and released the original version of the flagship product and four subsequent releases. Managed day to day tasking, feature prioritization, and bi-weekly releases.
- Built a cloud back-end for legacy data access, live video calling, and real-time analytics coupled with a mobile client app having a novel user experience using voice processing, motion tracking, computer vision and augmented reality.
- Created a visual work-flow designer and a back-end process/state management system used to manage complicated work-orders and service-tickets.
- Designed and built front-end applications used on mobile devices, smart-glasses, and smart-watches that delivered hands-free access to the task and help content. Created a set of UX approaches for using these devices (and subsequently awarded 3 patents for this).
- Sourced and managed technology and channel partnerships including those with Microsoft, SAP, Deloitte, and Accenture.
- Drove exceptional awareness and distinctive positioning in the market. Won numerous awards on behalf of the company, including World Economic Forum’s 2016 Technology Pioneer.
- Responsible for analyst relations, PR, lead-gen and all marketing collateral.
Director of Product Management2006 - 2012Microsoft
- Managed the global business plan and achieving performance targets for the SharePoint product. Managed quarterly progress toward revenue, share, margin and other scorecard metrics.
- Oversaw pricing, promotions, product bundling, and the implementation of new commercial terms.
- Oversaw global go-to-market activities and promotions for the SharePoint product suite. Managed field marketing resources in 13 countries.
- Led customer research programs around satisfaction, preference, usage, and share. Conducted numerous qualitative and quantitative market research projects with consumers and enterprises.
- Managed the end-of-life and technical/legal/commercial migration of an existing customer base onto new set of products.
- Evaluated new market opportunities for the SharePoint product portfolio, including buy-build analysis. Conducted due-diligence on potential targets and helped drive 3 successful acquisitions.
- Developed the product roadmap, feature priorities and launch plans for multiple releases - successfully implemented the first cloud-based offerings of SharePoint Online and Office365.
Managing Director2004 - 2006RED Ventures / REDF
- Implemented multi-channel marketing programs for Fortune 500 companies.
- Created and executed digital marketing campaigns using statistics, predictive analytics and proprietary data sets for clients including Bank of America, AT&T, and DirecTV.
- Oversaw creative development, messaging and positioning assets.