Verified Expert in Product Management
Growth Product Manager
Nishant is a seasoned product leader with over 13 years of experience in all aspects of the product space, from manager to CPO. He has successfully generated over $1.5 billion in revenue across 35+ digital and physical products by setting visions, crafting strategies, and spearheading teams to deliver innovative solutions that drive business results. Nishant is willing to embrace new challenges and help other businesses evolve and succeed.
- Launched multiple MVP products for 14 early-stage startups, including Happngs' eCommerce platform for event packages, the ImSick app, Uber service for nurse practitioners, and workflow automation for BAP, a bicycle rental nonprofit.
- Led the transitions of three fintech businesses from legacy software systems to modern web applications, bringing workflow automation and CX improvements.
- Managed multiple distributed teams of product owners, developers, designers, business analysts, and marketers.
- Established a remote-first culture by applying project management principles and digital tools.
- Collaborated with the sales team to close five accounts and independently closed another eight.
- Assumed the defacto leadership role due to turnover after joining the company as the 20th employee and the 1st one hired by the new head of product. Helped drive product efforts as NYSHEX expanded to 100 employees with 4x revenue growth in one year.
- Led the Contracts Group, including defining vision and strategy, gaining executive and team buy-in, securing budget, crafting staffing strategy, and spearheading execution. Launched three industry-first products and numerous platform-wide features.
- Drove recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of three product staff for the Contracts Product Group; contributed to interviewing and coaching 7+ additional product members.
- Collaborated with the executive team to foster the company's product-led culture and shape overall product vision, strategy, methodologies, workflows, and toolkits. Worked cross-functionally to help bridge gaps between product, sales, and marketing.
- Conducted in-depth customer discovery workshops, documented findings, and delivered solutions for four of the world's largest ocean freight carriers. Contributed to closing deals that catalyzed quadrupling of 2021 year-on-year revenue growth.
Senior Product Manager
- Joined the company to own an eCommerce mobile photo app right before the outbreak of COVID-19 led to the worldwide shutdown of cruise line operations. The app was projected to significantly increase photo revenue.
- Led the effort to automate the data flow of software used aboard ships, including reducing manual labor by over 80%, which is forecasted to save over $1 million annually.
- Centralized functionality and improved usability of food and beverage POS systems.
eCommerce Product Manager
Carnival Cruise Lines
- Served as product owner for Cruise Search, the most-visited app on the platform, and checkout and payment, the critical bottom of the funnel, which generated over $1 billion in revenue.
- Spearheaded a discovery effort to uncover revenue opportunities, collaborated on designing solutions, and led product development. The solutions were forecasted to increase revenue by over $100 million.
- Delivered Uplift, a high-profile digital payment integration for financing cruises. Collaborated on creating the solution and driving delivery, leading to over $18 million in net revenue in three months with a 7% increase in average order value.
- Pioneered an initiative to foster a customer-centric culture by building a vision backed with data and case studies and developing a customer dashboard in collaboration with the head of analytics.
Platform Product Manager and Market Manager
TAP Network | Hooch App
- Collaborated with the executives to build the strategy, KPIs, product vision, and roadmaps for two products—a consumer-facing mobile app and a partner-facing vendor portal.
- Introduced the MVP used for fundraising and championed the user onboarding flow for five membership levels for the beta product, resulting in a 62% new user conversion rate.
- Navigated the technical organization through transition periods and assumed additional responsibilities during the CTO vacancy, including leadership and hiring support for four employees.
- Managed the Miami market: oversaw relationships with 60+ venues and drove customer adoption and engagement by conducting local business development and marketing activities.
Co-founder, CPO, CTO
- Served as the CPO and CTO for Happngs, a disruptive events platform that integrates a booking engine, project management system, communications platform, and marketplace to provide a one-stop shop used for 500+ events to date.
- Launched an ecosystem that automated 70% of the high-touch event management process, reducing a 600-hour process to 12 hours while lowering the cost by 50%.
- Established and cultivated a 6-person tech department, including the system architect and project manager, two front-end developers, a back-end developer, and two developer interns.
- Sold 50+ wedding and event packages for $150,000+ during the proof of concept and built a digital infrastructure to scale sales, generating $400,000+ in revenue.
- Led multiple growth hacking campaigns, including one that increased leads and ROI five times and another that delivered a 10% conversion rate over four ad channels with a 55% MoM growth rate.
Certified Project Manager and Solar Business Development Engineer
- Oversaw the build of the Bosch Experience Center, a collaboration of nine business divisions, 12 vendors, 40+ team members, and partners (Volkswagen, Audi, and Serenbe) to deliver a first-of-its-kind sustainable living experiential showroom.
- Coordinated a team of engineers, product managers, marketers, sales representatives, contractors, and partners to envision and construct the Bosch Net Zero sustainable home package, introduced on several projects, including a 7,500-home development.
- Collaborated with the regional sales team to build a net-zero package that can be sold nationally or locally in Atlanta, GA. Evaluated products for inclusion in basic and premium packages and contributed to the GTM strategy.
- Served as a core contributor to Bosch's green energy and sustainability movement and collaborated with developers, builders, utility workers, engineers, and associations to explore product feasibility and dogfooding for Bosch's operations.
- Designed, sized, and tracked 200+ residential and commercial solar thermal systems. I worked as an engineer and leveraged a network of 50+ engineers, developers, builders, and contractors to generate $500,000+ in revenue.
One-stop Shop Event Tech Platform
Automated 70% of a high-touch event management process, reduced the time needed for the process by 50 times, from 600 hours to 12, and halved the costs by launching a new ecosystem.
I partnered with the CEO on fundraising and oversaw all product and technology efforts while helping build the business, including serving in an operations role to establish each business department, such as marketing, vendor acquisition, customer support, and sales.
In addition, I led multiple growth-hacking campaigns, including one that increased leads and ROI fivefold and another that delivered a 10% conversation rate over four ad channels with a 55% MoM growth rate.
Rewards App on Blockchain
Built the product vision, strategy, KPIs, and roadmaps for two projects in collaboration with the executives—a consumer-facing mobile app and a partner-facing vendor portal—and introduced the MVP used for fundraising.
Bosch Experience Center and Bosch Net Zero Home Packages
Oversaw the seemingly impossible creation of the Bosch Experience Center, a first-of-its-kind sustainable living experiential showroom that demonstrates Bosch's integrated Net Zero Home packages for sustainable living.
I also spearheaded the development of the Bosch Net Zero Home packages, which include solar energy technologies, energy-efficient appliances, and clean diesel vehicles. This involved coordinating a team of engineers, product managers, marketers, sales representatives, contractors, and key partners to conceptualize, design, and construct the package for designing self-sufficient homes by incorporating solar and geothermal technologies. The package was introduced on several projects, including a 7,500-home development in Austin, TX.
Product Strategy Advisory and Business Intelligence Dashboard
Advised on product strategy and designed business intelligence dashboard to help the founder gain visibility and improve decision making in her business.
Product Strategy and Marketing Advisory
Audited the existing product strategy and sales materials, provided product recommendations, and designed and created new collateral material.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Specialization in Technical Entrepreneurship)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) - Los Angeles, CA, USA
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring