Product Management Consultant2017 - PRESENTTall Can Interactive, Inc.
- Developed the software product requirements documentation (PRD) for a sports wearable, including on-device UX, companion mobile app, and web tools.
- Created a portfolio strategy for an enterprise FIDO security company.
- Built a SaaS offering for a set of enterprise data mining tools.
- Developed detailed product requirements and user stories.
Co-founder2017 - 2018Refuel Smart Nurtrition
- Co-founded startup, leveraging fitness data captured by Apple HealthKit and Google Fit to deliver pro-active, personalized nutrition recommendations.
- Led strategy, product management, prototyping, partner management, and fundraising.
Senior Product Lead - Augmented Reality2016 - 2017Intel Corporation
- Established the upstream, customer-centric product planning function and lean testing processes for Intel’s augmented reality portfolio, delivering detailed hardware and software product strategy and requirements for enterprise (project Apache), and consumer products (project Vaunt).
- Led market opportunity analysis, product market requirements definition (MRD), business requirements definition (BRD), key product requirements definition, and product positioning across the newly-formed augmented reality product portfolio.
- Implemented lean development and conducted early-stage primary research and data collection, gathering valuable data insights from enterprises and consumers.
Senior Product Lead - BlackBerry 102013 - 2014BlackBerry, Inc.
- Played a lead role in developing a turnaround strategy for the BlackBerry 10 portfolio, shifting BlackBerry’s focus to the productivity market.
- Achieved a successful launch for the Passport, co-creating a multi-million unit product line and stabilizing the BlackBerry portfolio.
- Implemented lean development and testing, gathering global consumer data and competitive intelligence, to define hardware and software market and product requirements.
- Led competitive testing and new technology evaluation across the entire smartphone product portfolio, gauging product impact.
- Developed new customer-centric and cross-functional development process, implementing data-driven development process.
- Worked with executives and leads from hardware, software, industrial design, UI, marketing, and sales, aligning key stakeholders during the cross-functional product concept planning phase.
Product Manager - Cloud Services2012 - 2013BlackBerry, Inc.
- Led the growth of the BlackBerry Cloud Services product portfolio, creating new SaaS products and strategic partnerships.
- Oversaw product management for a first-of-its-kind HD video chat SaaS to compete with Skype in the enterprise market.
- Managed partnerships with strategic partners, including Verizon, Orange, Vodafone, Telefonica, CSC, and Microsoft.
- Oversaw initial product management for moving BlackBerry's traditional on-premise BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) to the cloud.
Product Manager2010 - 2012BlackBerry, Inc.
- Co-created BlackBerry Balance, introducing the first software solution to separate work and personal smartphone OS use.
- Developed a multi-year product vision and product roadmap for optimizing the BlackBerry OS in the enterprise.
- Acted as the subject matter expert for new technologies and product categories, evaluating potential acquisition targets.
- Led in-person, primary research with technology CXO level leadership at global F500 companies, gaining unique product insights.
Product Management Intern2009 - 2009BlackBerry, Inc.
- Led the strategic project, initiating the first exploration of Cloud Computing, and the potential for BlackBerry SaaS product offerings. I was one of ten interns selected from a highly-competitive pool of over 750 applicants from top MBA programs across North America.
- Launched primary research with F2000 IT leadership, gauging market readiness and collecting consumer data insights.