Project Manager2021 - 2022JuryMD, LLC
- Sourced and selected design and application development firms worldwide to build a world-class web application for discriminating clients. Developed contract vehicles to meet project objectives and fit Agile development practices.
- Developed the UX prototype for a web application that serves as a marketplace for legal and medical professions.
- Led the architecture and engineering of a B2B web application for a massive number of users and transactions. Security, compliance, and user experience were of paramount importance.
- Developed a pitch deck to raise funds and demonstrate achievements and capabilities. Proved total addressable market and developed a comprehensive financial model for the seed round business case.
Scrum Master Advisor2020 - 2021Toptal Client
- Served as a scrum master for data science and web applications teams. Produced advanced machine learning products on massive data sets, delivering that data to an AWS front end.
- Established project and portfolio management processes, incorporating the organization's most important SDLC practices. Responsible for tying strategy to project execution.
- Set up a new business intelligence function with Tableau to analyze data sets before, during, and after artificial intelligence development.
Director, Project Management Office (PMO)2015 - 2020WGL
- Led a group of in-house and contract project and program managers to execute the company's most complex initiatives from idea through close.
- Drove innovation in disciplines that had the biggest impact on the company, such as business process management (BPM), organizational change management (OCM), Agile frameworks, strategic alignment, communications, training, and reporting.
- Received the annual "Values and Innovation in Practice (VIP)" award for Agile project management.
- Led merger and acquisition (M&A) work-streams during acquisition.
Integration PM/PMO Manager2014 - 2015Navy Mutual Aid Association
- Oversaw the management of projects and programs, followed Agile and Waterfall methodologies, and all process groups from initiation to closing.
- Implemented Workfront, a project and portfolio management (PPM) tool used by all PMs, leadership, and project participants. The tool had service desk queues, dynamic dashboards, and roadmaps.
- Aligned the company's strategic objectives to specific projects so that project progress translated into the achievement of the strategy. Created reports that were immediately available digitally to officers and the board of directors.
- Established enterprise PMO from scratch. Developed robust processes under portfolio, program, and project management standards of practice.
- Introduced new product-driven B2C financial and insurance products and updated existing products with cross-functional projects and small teams.
Project Manager2013 - 2014NetImpact Strategies
- Built capability for project and portfolio management scheduling, reporting, risk and issue management, and task management using a CA Clarity PMAT.
- Managed multiple sub-projects while producing bills of material, issue papers, governance process documents, risk/issue registers, and concept of operations (CONOPS).
- Developed an integrated master schedule (IMS) for all project workstreams and functional areas, simplifying thousands of tasks into digestible work.
- Led the team of contractors, subcontractors, and stakeholder program offices in program execution.
- Created a foundational network enclave for DoD medical systems, hospitals, clinics, and data; the infrastructure home for new DoD Healthcare Management Systems Modernization (HMS), a multibillion-dollar effort led by the Interagency Program Office.
Program Manager2012 - 2013Concept Solutions
- Deployed and maintained multiple geographically-separated environments including production, user acceptance testing (UAT), testing and development, and disaster recovery for 30+ systems and 10+ PostgreSQL and Oracle DBs.
- Managed a diverse set of operations and maintenance activities including software development, database administration, network engineering, systems engineering, and 24x7 tier 1 and 2 service desk.
- Successfully achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification efforts. Implemented robust processes, audits, and reporting.
- Interfaced with the C-level corporate team and senior FAA management concerning program and project priorities such as financial status and weekly and monthly status meetings on key projects.
Managing Director2004 - 2008Innovative Building Solutions
- Directed multiple projects in support of startup activities including product design, technology demonstrations, business formation, training programs, and complex sales efforts.
- Led a construction form product design project to address specific technical and aesthetic requirements of new markets; prototypes and manufacturing successful.
- Established a new training and certification program, including multilingual presentations, videos, and marketing materials targeted to architects, contractors, developers, and government agencies.
- Spearheaded a program to introduce new technologies to a national housing program, which included reengineering structures, building demonstrations, making comparative pricing models, and composing detailed project reports.
- Made robust financial and business models to dynamically compare strategic business decisions. The tools considered logistics, manufacturing, inventory management, sales targets, and 5-year pro-forma plans—produced IRR, NPV, and financial statements.
Communications Officer2001 - 2003United States Air Force Reserve
- Provided C4I planning, network management, and in-depth analysis for Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) systems and interface solutions. (Plans and Programs Officer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)).
- Served as an engineer on the quick-response team that specialized in implementing emerging technology and solving the agency's toughest problems. (Special Engineer to the CTO, Defense Information Systems Agency).
- Researched technologies, designed network architectures, resolved issues, authored reports, and made recommendations for implementation into operational networks.
Consultant2001 - 2002KPMG Consulting
- Provided key leadership and guidance to implement an IT governance framework for a large government agency.
- Directly consulted with the CIO and his staff enabled the implementation of a new systems engineering model and integration of review and control boards.
- Led an effort to determine the impact on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) wide area network (WAN) of 50+ on-premise applications. Based on the advice provided, nationwide consolidation methods were changed to avoid application failure.
Communications Officer1996 - 2001United States Air Force
- Coordinated, as the manager in the PM branch, the base communications long-range plan and architecture; also supervised the ongoing communications projects and standardized PM methods with a $23 million dollar portfolio under management.
- Led the joint-service team in providing network management, fault management, and performance optimization for the National Military Command Center LANs; worked as a network engineer and officer-in-charge.
- Led, as a flight commander, a team of 3, and managed all Charleston Air Force Base telephone, wireless, and airfield communications through in-house maintenance and contract.
- Managed the office staff, time, and duties. Acted as the liaison to squadron command staff and base headquarters’ staff. (Executive officer and chief assistant to the commander of a 1,200 member group).
- Spearheaded the process quality program for a 1,200 member group across maintenance and technology functions. The new process improvement challenge resulted in organization-wide recognition of cost efficiencies and simplification.