Director, Project Management Office (PMO)2015 - 2020WGL
- Led a group of in-house and contract project and program managers to execute the company's most complex initiatives from idea through close.
- Drove innovation in disciplines that had the biggest impact to the company such as business process management (BPM), organizational change management (OCM), agile frameworks, strategic alignment, communications, training, and reporting.
- Received the annual “Values and Innovation in Practice (VIP)” award for Agile project management.
- Led merger and acquisition (M&A) work-streams during acquisition.
Integration PM/PMO Manager2014 - 2015Navy Mutual Aid Association
- Handled the oversight and management of projects and programs, followed Agile and Waterfall methodologies, and all process groups from initiation to closing.
- Implemented project and portfolio management (PPM) tool, Workfront, to be used by all PMs, leadership, and project participants; included service desk queues for requests, bugs, issues, and change orders; and dynamic dashboards, and roadmaps.
- Steered alignment of the organization’s strategic objectives to specific project/change efforts; linked objectives to project progress for empirical reporting to officers and the board of directors.
- Established enterprise PMO from scratch. Contributed to the PMO charter, policy development, initiated robust processes under portfolio, program, and project management standards of practice.
Project Manager2013 - 2014NetImpact Strategies
- Built out CA Clarity PMAT scheduling, reporting, risk and issue management, and task management.
- Created a foundational network enclave for DoD medical systems, hospitals, clinics, and data; the infrastructure home for new DoD Healthcare Management Systems Modernization (HMS), a multibillion-dollar effort led by the Interagency Program Office.
- Developed an integrated master schedule (IMS) with multiple sub-projects, bills of material, issue papers, governance process documents, risk/issue registers, and concept of operations (CONOPS).
- Led the team of contractors, subcontractors, and stakeholder program offices in program execution.
Program Manager2012 - 2013Concept Solutions
- Deployed and maintained multiple geographically-separated environments including production, user acceptance testing (UAT), testing and development, and disaster recovery for 30+ systems and 10+ PostgreSQL and Oracle DBs.
- Managed a diverse set of operations and maintenance activities including software development, database administration, network engineering, systems engineering, and 24x7 tier 1 and 2 service desk.
- Successfully achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification efforts. Implemented robust processes, audits, and reporting.
- Interfaced with the C-level corporate team and senior FAA management concerning program and project priorities such as financial status and weekly and monthly status meetings on key projects.
Communications Officer2001 - 2003United States Air Force Reserve
- Provided C4I planning, network management, and in-depth analysis for Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) systems and interface solutions. (Plans and Programs Officer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)).
- Served as an engineer on the quick-response team that specialized in implementing emerging technology and solving the agency's toughest problems. (Special Engineer to the CTO, Defense Information Systems Agency).
- Researched technologies, designed network architectures, resolved issues, authored reports, and made recommendations for implementation into operational networks.
Consultant2001 - 2002KPMG Consulting
- Provided key leadership and guidance to implement an IT governance framework for a large government agency.
- Directly consulted with the CIO and his staff enabled the implementation of a new systems engineering model and integration of review and control boards.
- Led an effort to determine the impact on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) wide area network (WAN) of 50+ on-premise applications. Based on the advice provided, nationwide consolidation methods were changed to avoid application failure.
Communications Officer1996 - 2001United States Air Force
- Coordinated the base communications long-range plan, architecture, supervised the management of ongoing communications projects, and standardized PM methods with >$23 million dollar portfolio under management. (Manager in the PM branch).
- Led the joint-service team in providing network management, fault management, and performance optimization for the National Military Command Center LANs. (Network Engineer and officer-in-charge).
- Led a team of 31, and managed all Charleston Air Force Base telephone, wireless, and airfield communications through in-house maintenance and contract. (Flight commander).
- Managed the office staff, time, and duties. Acted as the liaison to squadron command staff and base headquarters’ staff. (Executive officer and chief assistant to the commander of a 1,200 member group).