Agile Project Manager2021 - PRESENTFreelance Clients (via Toptal)
- Joined a team to deliver an eCommerce marketplace trading platform for precious metals. Duties included product visioning, business analysis, systems design, story writing, prioritization, backlog grooming, and MVP delivery.
- Participated in and facilitated the completion of UX and UI designs and workflows to ensure the system look and feel were consistent with the existing web interface.
- Facilitated business prioritization sessions to ensure product features were developed and delivered according to business needs and value-added.
- Managed the testing of the newly built trading feature, which included conducting functional and integration testing, facilitating user acceptance testing as well as coordinating beta testing activities.
- Provided coaching to the development team on agile user story writing techniques.
Project Manager2021 - 2022Pharmaceutical Client (via Toptal)
- Joined a newly formed PMO team with the objective of implementing an ERP solution. Oversaw setting up documentation repositories and relevant processes to engage with stakeholders for the cloud integration tool implementation.
- Managed the deliverables for the finance workstream, which included identifying the as-is business processes, and subsequently documenting them in Visio and ensuring alignment with other workstreams.
- Documented the systems and data flow for the Finance division to identify system touchpoints and data inconsistencies.
- Conducted analysis of invoice data produced on system reports vs data stored in the source database. Provided root cause analysis and proposed solutions for resolving data discrepancies.
Senior Project Manager2019 - 2022Paycode
- Implemented an offline, biometric-enabled payments system for Zambian farmers with smart-card technology.
- Delivered a project to a client in Ghana that has transformed the general use of a bank card, allowing different applications to run on the same bank card.
- Handled the implementation of a social-grants project for the underprivileged citizens of Mozambique using offline technology.
- Carried out a smart-card solution catering for biometrics enabled via the Mastercard Community Pass/InclusiveID technology.
Senior Agile Project Manager2021 - 2021Digital Marketing Client (via Toptal)
- Joined a software development team as a consultant to analyze people, processes, and technology to improve software delivery and quality. This then evolved to coaching team members on best practices.
- Provided Agile coaching to the product owner on product visioning, backlog creation, backlog grooming, and user story writing to ensure the delivery of business value to the organization.
- Provided coaching to the scrum master on agile ceremonies such as sprints, sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Coached the Scrum team on agile delivery with a focus on minimizing work-in-progress and maximizing throughput.
- Implemented an Excel-based scrum-reporting tool due to the limitation of the software (Wrike) already being used. This reporting included sprint burndown and burnup charts, velocity charts, and cumulative flow diagrams.
Freelance Developer2010 - 2021Freelance Clients
- Developed a hotel management booking system for a new motel used by three reception desks. Development was completed in VB.NET with a MySQL database.
- Created a fully automated Excel application (VBA) that integrated with SharePoint and Sage One via APIs (.NET) for a manufacturing company. The sales team used the application for quotes and the manufacturing team for production.
- Developed a healthcare management system to manage doctor's/clinic's submissions to medical insurance companies. The system was written in Delphi using an Oracle database.
- Built an application suite used for electronic signboards. The application suite was written in a combination of Delphi and C++, integrating via COM ports and TCP/IP connections to electronic signboards.
- Created a pet grooming parlor management system that was deployed at five parlors. The system was highly configurable and mostly self-managed. This application was written in VB.NET and could use both MS Access and MySQL databases.
PMO Lead2017 - 2019EOH Holdings
- Implemented a project management framework to cater to projects to be delivered following Waterfall, Agile or hybrid methodologies.
- Implemented a project-management tool (PPO) to assist with project tracking and reporting.
- Coached and mentored six project managers to use the Agile methodology when delivering projects for clients.
- Completed the full IT services transition from another ICT company to EOH within three months without any system downtime.
Senior Project Manager2009 - 2017JSE
- Delivered ten sub-projects as part of a multi-year systems replacement program.
- Implemented a new company-wide brand and website with multiple third-party suppliers.
- Completed the implementation of an electronic-procurement solution, resulting in huge operational efficiencies and reduced costs.
Project Manager2008 - 2009Barclays Capital
- Managed projects relating to the ongoing maintenance of the surveillance system for trading and compliance monitoring.
- Managed the delivery of the sizeable holdings-system project for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Integrated the operational processes between different IT teams to ensure efficient hand-offs between departments.
Project Manager2006 - 2008Investec Group
- Implemented the credit mitigation project for the Basel II program.
- Delivered a credit risk-management project for Investec entities in South Africa, the UK, Mauritius, Ireland, Australia, and Switzerland.
- Completed the business analysis for the Basel II program, focusing on the credit workstream.