Agile Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master2021 - PRESENTFreelance (Toptal Client)
- Joined as a technical project manager of a team of five people. The team grew to 15 people and helped organize the team into smaller teams. Became Scrum master of two teams and helped hire and train other project managers and scrum masters.
- Implemented the practice of scrum retrospectives and proper sprint planning and backlog grooming. Educated product owners on proper user story writing and prioritization.
- Conducted regular one-on-one meetings with each team member and managed to revert two turnovers of great engineers. Managed conflicts between team members.
- Released the product MVP ten months after joining the project, narrowing the scope down to what was mandatory.
- Led the development teams of two major new releases deployed ahead of schedule.
Agile Project Manager | PO | SM2020 - 2021Freelance (Toptal Clients)
- Started the project as a product owner and business analyst and led the project's discovery phase. Identified the user stories, prioritized the backlog, and scoped the MVP.
- Helped the client define the technology stack to use and select the developers to implement the project.
- Led the development team in a scrum master role facilitating Agile ceremonies such as backlog grooming, daily standup, sprint planning, and sprint review. Served as manual QA for the project.
IT Manager2017 - 2021Super Câmbio
- Oversaw and was in charge of the software development team and the relationship with the third-party developers' managers.
- Built the technical team and managed them using Agile methodologies.
- Conducted the product discovery phase. Created the user stories and defined the minimum viable product (MVP).
- Educated the clients about backlog prioritization and the constantly changing nature of a software project.
- Designed and implemented the entire system architecture using AWS, assuring high availability and automatic scalability.
Assistant Professor | Researcher2003 - 2019Feevale University
- Ideated and coordinated a postgraduate course in digital business management.
- Served as a software engineer experimental lab (LabEx) coordinator, managing the team and overseeing the project backlog. The lab was an education project in partnership with HP, in which a software house was simulated.
- Lectured in a graduate course for software testing and quality assurance.
- Worked as an assistant professor in IT-related undergraduate courses for 16 years teaching databases, software engineering, project management, and cloud computing (in English).
Co-founder | Director2009 - 2017Ionatec
- Led the process of Ionatec’s accreditation as an Amazon Solution Provider in the Amazon Partner Network (APN).
- Designed and implemented cloud computing web-based systems architectures for several customers using AWS. Some of the results achieved were cost reductions, high availability, and on-demand automatic scalability.
- Trained IT professionals in cloud computing and AWS in Porto Alegre, Curitiba, and São Paulo (2012 to 2015).
- Acted as the product owner in several products conducting the process discovery phase and MVP definition.
- Served as a scrum master for the development teams, encouraging them to follow Agile principles and practices.