Verified Expert in Project Management
Shaun is a digital project and product management expert who has led various projects in the entertainment, gaming, automotive, defense, aeronautics, and medical fields. With extensive experience developing products for emerging technology platforms, Shaun has been steadily delivering content at the forefront of what is possible for over 15 years.
Product and Project Manager
Freelance | via Toptal
- Completed over a dozen large-scale projects through Toptal.
- Appeared in a commercial for Toptal. If you search "Toptal: Freelancer" on YouTube, you can view it there.
- Led the redesign process of a website for Kingsford—a brand of charcoal briquette used for grilling. This included strategy management, content guidance, and technical direction.
- Launched multiple new software products from the conception stage, including Hellolingo.com, Stage11.com, and Healco.us.
- Sourced international talent capable of delivering the highest quality content efficiently and quickly.
- Served as a scrum master and agile coach, training organizations on Agile ways of working. Run Agile ceremonies positively and efficiently. Was in charge of daily standups, sprint planning, backlog management, sprint reporting, and retrospectives.
- Serve as a Jira administrator, including user story writing, project structure determination, custom board management, filter query writing, access management, roadmap planning, swim lane management, and reporting processes.
- Trained organizations on effective user story writing for efficient development.
- Specialized in high-end augmented reality applications for entertainment clients including LEGO, Black Eyed Peas, Fox, and Marvel.
- Headed up the development of LEGO Fish Designer, the top-rated interactive experience at LEGO's new LEGO House facility in Billund, Denmark.
- Led the creation of Black Eyed Peas' "Masters of the Sun" AR comic companion including audio direction for world-renowned acting talent such as Jason Isaacs, Stan Lee, Rosario Dawson, Queen Latifah, John DiMaggio, and Snoop Dogg.
- Utilized bleeding-edge augmented and virtual reality hardware to create stunning digital experiences.
- Oversaw and was responsible for all aspects of the development process including concept development, client interaction, schedule and budget creation, team management, reporting, and analytics.
- Created schedules and budgets for project pitches.
- Delivered projects on time, under budget, and exceeded quality expectations.
- Fostered and maintained positive client relationships.
- Managed multiple simultaneous projects totaling over $1 million per year.
- Delivered projects for well-known brands including Boeing, Raytheon, ExxonMobil, Ericsson, Audi, Budweiser, Facebook, Monster, Amgen, and many more.
- Researched project subject matters and created high-quality, informative content.
Muzzy Lane Software
- Designed educational game titles for higher education markets.
- Led a cross-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and artists.
- Created development schedules and project budgets.
- Utilized subject matter experts to ensure education is accurate and adheres to standards.
- Served as a primary gameplay programmer on multiple titles.
Masters of the Sun | Augmented Reality Companionhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_the_Sun_(comic)
Created one of the most full-form augmented reality entertainment experiences ever with over 1.5 hours of AR content.
As a companion to the graphic novel, the AR app adds augmentations to all 117 pages including full voice cast, special 3D effects, hidden Easter eggs, and a custom score developed by Will.I.Am and Hans Zimmer
LEGO Fish Designer
Led the development of the top-rated experience for LEGO's new LEGO House family experience center.
McGraw Hill Practice Marketinghttps://www.seriousgamemarket.com/2011/08/practice-marketing-serious-game-silver.html
Designed and developed an award-winning educational multiplayer marketing simulation for higher education.
Designed and implemented a product delivery framework that would enable rapid development iteration, transparent reporting, and positive employee sentiment while meeting business goals.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Babson College - Boston, MA, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring