Software Engineer2022 - PRESENTGoogle Cloud
Technologies: Go, Kubernetes, Storage, Cloud Storage, Google Cloud Storage
- Built and owned Kubernetes controller to manage file/block storage solution for Google Distributed Cloud Hosted product.
- Contributed to the overall code health of the repository by periodically inventorying technical debt and addressing important issues.
- Served as Build Sheriff to address issues that resulted in automated tests falling for many or all developers on the project at once. Quickly diagnosing and correcting offending commits to getting hundreds of developers back to being productive.
Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTBernot Software
- Developed an application to monitor student housing availability in near real-time.
- Built a certification program tracking system for the largest entirely student-run organization in the world.
- Built a running pace calculator for competitive runners looking to predict their race times at various distances.
- Worked with a client in the financial technology industry to build a microservice in Go that handled business logic related to processing consumer loans.
Web Developer2019 - 2021NC State University
- Built a Shibboleth authentication microservice to facilitate migration from traditional infrastructure to a cloud-native environment in Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Maintained and contributed to multiple internally developed WordPress plugins.
- Migrated student radio website (legacy custom PHP) to WordPress, allowing radio station staff to manage their own content for the first time.
- Presented regularly. This included non-technical WordPress user training sessions, as well as technical presentations on topics like extending the WordPress REST API and test-driven development with PHPUnit.
Assistant Director2015 - 2018Wake Forest University
Technologies: REST APIs, JSON REST APIs, Python, Python 3, Concurrency, Google Apps Script, APIs, Leadership, Team Leadership, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Cross-functional Collaboration
- Developed tools for interacting with a vendor's API to streamline business processes.
- Created the integration between the vendor system and Google Sheets.
- Built the integration between Gmail and the vendor system to track interactions between students and staff in a centralized location.
Director2011 - 2015Spring Hill College
Technologies: Google Apps Script, APIs, Leadership, Team Leadership, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Cross-functional Collaboration
- Managed an implementation project for a vendor software system.
- Used Google Apps Script and Google Sheets to prepare and present live data on the web.
- Served on data governance task force and as a data steward for data in my area of responsibility.