Verified Expert in Engineering
Adam is a software engineer specializing in back-end development, with additional expertise in DevOps and front-end development. He loves working with Go, Kubernetes, and cloud-native applications. Adam has extensive experience in leadership, diverse issues, collaboration, and compassion. He believes it's the people who make the work fantastic.
Kubernetes, Go, Leadership, APIs, DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Software Engineering, Open Source, Cloud Native
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was build a certification program tracking system for the largest student-run organization in the world.
- Built and owned Kubernetes controller to manage file/block storage solution for Google Distributed Cloud Hosted product.
- Contributed to the overall code health of the repository by periodically inventorying technical debt and addressing important issues.
- Served as Build Sheriff to address issues that resulted in automated tests falling for many or all developers on the project at once. Quickly diagnosing and correcting offending commits to getting hundreds of developers back to being productive.
- Developed an application to monitor student housing availability in near real-time.
- Built a certification program tracking system for the largest entirely student-run organization in the world.
- Built a running pace calculator for competitive runners looking to predict their race times at various distances.
- Worked with a client in the financial technology industry to build a microservice in Go that handled business logic related to processing consumer loans.
NC State University
- Built a Shibboleth authentication microservice to facilitate migration from traditional infrastructure to a cloud-native environment in Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Maintained and contributed to multiple internally developed WordPress plugins.
- Migrated student radio website (legacy custom PHP) to WordPress, allowing radio station staff to manage their own content for the first time.
- Presented regularly. This included non-technical WordPress user training sessions, as well as technical presentations on topics like extending the WordPress REST API and test-driven development with PHPUnit.
Wake Forest University
- Developed tools for interacting with a vendor's API to streamline business processes.
- Created the integration between the vendor system and Google Sheets.
- Built the integration between Gmail and the vendor system to track interactions between students and staff in a centralized location.
Spring Hill College
- Managed an implementation project for a vendor software system.
- Used Google Apps Script and Google Sheets to prepare and present live data on the web.
- Served on data governance task force and as a data steward for data in my area of responsibility.
SRS: StarRez Superuser
I was fully responsible for the development of this application and built a corresponding CI/CD pipeline to compile binaries for multiple target platforms using GitHub Actions.
Shibber: Shibboleth Authentication Microservice
I developed and implemented this microservice. To ensure quality, successful reviews were conducted by security and compliance and by identity and web services.
NACURH ART Databasehttps://nacurh-art.web.app/
Built using Angular for the front end and Google Firebase (Firestore, authentication, hosting) on the back end.
I built this application for a client to meet their needs, with incremental improvements over time to allow for more control of the system and output.
Google Distributed Cloud Hostedhttps://cloud.google.com/distributed-cloud
Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), GitHub, Git, Helm, Firebase Authentication, Shibboleth, Apache, GitLab, Travis CI, Logging, SonarQube
Microservices, Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), REST, Web Architecture, API Architecture, BEM, RESTful Development, Best Practices, DevOps, Back-end Architecture
Software Engineering, APIs, Back-end Development, Leadership, CSV, Reflection, CI/CD Pipelines, JSON REST APIs, Google Cloud Build, Back-end, Distributed Systems, Firebase Hosting, Cookies, Authentication, User Authentication, Concurrency, Full-stack, WordPress Plugins, Front-end Development, Single-page Applications (SPA), DNS, Containers, TypeORM, Front-end, Code Architecture, UX Architecture, Architecture, Material Design, HTTP, OpenTracing, Structured Logging, OpenTelemetry, Static Analysis, Schemas, Multitenancy, Team Leadership, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Cross-functional Collaboration, Integration, API Integration, Containerization, Amazon RDS, Storage, Cloud Storage, Open Source, Lambda Functions
NestJS, Laravel, Angular, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Jest, Cypress, Flux, Angular Material, MUI (Material UI), gRPC, Swagger, Express.js
Node.js, React, REST APIs, Firebase Web SDK, Protobuf, OpenAPI, JSON API
Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WordPress, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Native, AWS Lambda
MariaDB, MySQL, Cloud Firestore, JSON, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud SQL, Datadog, Relational Databases, JSON/XML Schemas, Google Cloud, NoSQL, Google Cloud Storage
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Western Oregon University - Monmouth, OR