Software Engineer2021 - PRESENTArdan Labs
Technologies: Go, REST, REST APIs, PostgreSQL, JSON, Testing, Back-end, Back-end Development, AWS, Protobuf, SQL, HTTP, gRPC, OpenTracing, Logging, Structured Logging, Datadog, Linux, Best Practices, OpenTelemetry, Relational Databases, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Static Analysis, SonarQube, Open API, Swagger, YAML, JSON API, JSON/XML Schemas, Schemas, Multitenancy
- Implemented microservices in Go for a startup in the finance tech industry.
- Refactored existing code to comply with current code quality standards.
- Completed database integration work with PostgreSQL as the backing data store.
- Reported metrics using OpenTracing and analyzed with Datadog.
- Integrated with SonarQube for static code analysis.
- Wrote Open API Specification for REST endpoints of microservice.
President2019 - PRESENTBernot Software LLC
- Developed an application to monitor student housing availability in near real-time.
- Built certification program tracking system for the largest entirely student-run organization in the world.
- Built running pace calculator for competitive runners looking to predict their race times at various distances.
Web Developer2019 - 2021NC State University
- Built Shibboleth authentication microservice to facilitate migration from traditional infrastructure to a cloud-native environment in Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Maintained and contributed to multiple internally developed WordPress plugins.
- Migrated student radio website (legacy custom PHP) to WordPress, allowing radio station staff to manage their own content for the first time.
- Presented regularly. This included non-technical WordPress user training sessions, as well as technical presentations on topics like extending the WordPress REST API and test-driven development with PHPUnit.
Assistant Director2015 - 2018Wake Forest University
Technologies: REST APIs, JSON REST APIs, Python, Python 3, Concurrency, Google Apps Script, APIs
- Developed tools for interacting with a vendor's API to streamline business processes.
- Created the integration between the vendor system and Google Sheets.
- Built the integration between Gmail and the vendor system to track interactions between students and staff in a centralized location.
Director2011 - 2015Spring Hill College
Technologies: Google Apps Script, APIs
- Managed an implementation project for a vendor software system.
- Used Google Apps Script and Google Sheets to prepare and present live data on the web.
- Served on data governance task force and as a data steward for data in my area of responsibility.