Verified Expert in Engineering
Ahmed is a senior API-focused, back-end, and infrastructure developer with more than nine years of experience. He has over four years in infrastructure automation and DevOps with experience in security analysis and red teaming exploit-testing. An avid fan of automation, sustainability, design patterns, and clean code, Ahmed is always interested in deriving a better problem-solving method for challenging tasks and learning sensible new technologies and tools when the need arises.
Git, Docker, Vagrant, Bash, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Vim Text Editor, MacOS
The most amazing...
...fun project I worked on was Conway's Game of Life terminal CLI in multiple languages.
- Implemented infrastructure as code (IaC) for different projects using Terraform and Ansible.
- Standardized the deployment process (and maintained the process documentation).
- Built templates to provision infrastructure on different cloud providers and development stages.
- Built standardized workflows, using CircleCI to automate deployments for internal and external projects.
- Implemented and maintained the (Rails 5) JSON API serving our infographics portal.
- Maintained more than 99% of the documentation coverage of the infographics portal API and more than 90% of the test coverage.
- Worked with Docker to provide deliverables for some of our external projects.
- Provided support and tutoring to work with our standard deployment workflows internally and externally.
- Worked closely with our systems engineer to support various DevOps tasks.
- Rewrote, maintained, and provisioned some of the data pipelines to adhere to better security standards.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Maintained the RESTful API used by admins and front-end.
- Implemented and maintained the integration with Deutsche Bank.
- Applied and maintained the integration with the Intercom CRM.
- Executed and maintained the internal invoicing system.
- Implemented the new authentication layer using JWT (RFC 7519).
- Carried out the two-factor authentication (2FA) for user/client login.
- Integrated other services like DocuSign, Postident, etc.
- Implemented day-to-day business, marketing, and technical requirements.
Priori Data GmbH
- Maintained the external Rails web (dashboard) app.
- Optimized the scraping process of getting data from the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Reimplemented the queueing and monitoring around the scrapers.
- Migrated acquired data from different resources to Google BigQuery.
- Maintained and provisioned different purpose VM instances on Google Cloud Platform, using Chef.
- Reimplemented the “extract” step in the ETL process, using an API-based crawler instead of the PhantomJS browser.
- Reimplemented large portions of the API to follow better design patterns, such as the hexagonal architecture and pub/sub patterns.
- Implemented the test suite for the API with 80% coverage and mutation testing.
- Executed the events-booking feature via Stripe API.
- Carried out caching for better API response times.
- Maintained the Heroku stacks for staging and production.
Game of Life CLIhttps://git.sr.ht/~a14m/game-of-life
EGP Rates CLIhttps://github.com/mad-raz/EGP-Rates-CLI
Ruby, Bash, XML, Python, TypeScript, Rust
JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Ruby on Rails (RoR), Next.js
Ruby on Rails API, GitHub API, Sidekiq, Google APIs, Facebook API, React
Codeship, Travis CI, Wercker, GitLab, GitHub, Terminal, Vim Text Editor, RSpec, Git, Basecamp, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform, BigQuery, Makefile, Tmux, CircleCI, Asana, Jira, Notion
Continuous Integration (CI), REST, Continuous Delivery (CD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Continuous Deployment, DevOps
Heroku, MacOS, Docker, Software Design Patterns, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
JSON, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, NoSQL, Memcached, MySQL
APIs, Stripe Payments, Google BigQuery, SOAP, Big Data, Unix Shell Scripting
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Arab Academy for Science and Technology - Alexandria, Egypt