Senior Developer/DevOps2018 - 2021Sapera
Technologies: Ansible, Terraform, AWS, Docker, Vagrant, Makefile, Ruby on Rails (RoR), PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, MySQL, React, TypeScript, Next.js, Python, Bash, Git, Tmux, Sidekiq, CircleCI, Travis CI, Asana, Jira, Notion, DevOps
- Implemented infrastructure as code (IaC) for different projects using Terraform and Ansible.
- Standardized the deployment process (and maintained the process documentation).
- Built templates to provision infrastructure on different cloud providers and development stages.
- Built standardized workflows, using CircleCI to automate deployments for internal and external projects.
- Implemented and maintained the (Rails 5) JSON API serving our infographics portal.
- Maintained more than 99% of the documentation coverage of the infographics portal API and more than 90% of the test coverage.
- Worked with Docker to provide deliverables for some of our external projects.
- Provided support and tutoring to work with our standard deployment workflows internally and externally.
- Worked closely with our systems engineer to support various DevOps tasks.
- Rewrote, maintained, and provisioned some of the data pipelines to adhere to better security standards.
Senior Back-end Developer2016 - 2018LIQID GmbH
Technologies: JSON, XML, PostgreSQL, Docker, Sidekiq, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Maintained the RESTful API used by admins and front-end.
- Implemented and maintained the integration with Deutsche Bank.
- Applied and maintained the integration with the Intercom CRM.
- Executed and maintained the internal invoicing system.
- Implemented the new authentication layer using JWT (RFC 7519).
- Carried out the two-factor authentication (2FA) for user/client login.
- Integrated other services like DocuSign, Postident, etc.
- Implemented day-to-day business, marketing, and technical requirements.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Priori Data GmbH
Technologies: Google BigQuery, Bash, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Maintained the external Rails web (dashboard) app.
- Optimized the scraping process of getting data from the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Reimplemented the queueing and monitoring around the scrapers.
- Migrated acquired data from different resources to Google BigQuery.
- Maintained and provisioned different purpose VM instances on Google Cloud Platform, using Chef.
- Reimplemented the “extract” step in the ETL process, using an API-based crawler instead of the PhantomJS browser.
Back-end Developer2013 - 2015AskNative
Technologies: Stripe Payments, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Reimplemented large portions of the API to follow better design patterns, such as the hexagonal architecture and pub/sub patterns.
- Implemented the test suite for the API with 80% coverage and mutation testing.
- Executed the events-booking feature via Stripe API.
- Carried out caching for better API response times.
- Maintained the Heroku stacks for staging and production.