Product Owner/QA Specialist (Part-time)2017 - PRESENTITWorks101 - Novumlogic
Technologies: WordPress, PHP
- Designed and Implemented hands-on software testing (QA) training program into a workshop facilitated experiential learning for freshers and aspiring IT professional.
- Conducted more than 10 workshops with a minimum capacity of three candidates per batch. Led interview prep, resume, and profile development sessions for newbies and seasoned IT professionals.
- Configured JIRA Agile Management tool for all projects and maintained it by adding and updating user stories, defects, and epics for all client projects.
- Onboarded new team members on projects and assigned appropriate access to demo environment and management tools such as JIRA, G-Drive, etc.
- Conducted periodic defect triage meetings and follow-ups with the offshore development team for new features and defects fixes.
- Carried out functional, exploratory, and regression testing and circulating execution results to the client and offshore team.
- Developed business/project proposals and statements of work documents by eliciting with business owners and offshore development team to provide software solutions (web and mobile).
- Managed offshore development team to customize and WordPress websites for ITWorks101, MICS Canada, and Future Pass Worldwide.
- Managed an eCommerce platform migration project for Chhandart from Shopify to WooCommerce by defining business requirements and getting it implemented with the help of an off-shore development team and onsite QA team from QA101 workshop.
- Implemented HubSpot CRM and PayPal and Stripe Payment from setup to maintenance of MICS Canada operations for Canadian Immigration services as per IRCC guidelines.
Manual Tester2020 - 2020AAA Media
Technologies: PHP, Git Hub, Trello, SnapChat
- Managed testing for influencer based subscription platform over web and iOS platform.
- Carried out exploratory and regression testing on the web platform on a regular basis and tracking defects on a Trello board.
- Implemented and maintained a test suite of all test scenarios for regression and release testing on Trello.
- Worked as an integral part of the development team and contributed to new features and defect retesting during the Sprint.
- Attended daily and weekly status meetings to provide status on testing during the sprint.
QA Lead2018 - 2019Cigniti Technologies - Holt Renfrew
Technologies: SAP Retail
- Managed system integration testing between SAP and external WMS systems and EDI integration for a legacy system migration to SAP project by sending weekly status reports to primary project stakeholders.
- Understood requirements by soliciting with business users to identify core business functionality to define the scope and develop test scenarios for systems integration (SIT) and end-to-end test scenarios for user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Planned and managed end-to-end testing for SAP integration with DHL WMS system (Manhattan), Hybris ECOM (website) and Radial WMS systems, Fiori (sales) cloud-based application, and custom-developed inventory tracking, ticketing, and forecasting applications.
- Managed all of the testing artifacts in TestRail (test management tool) by defining test management structure and added 200+ reusable test scenarios for SIT and UAT execution cycles and tracking defects in JIRA (defect management tool).
- Managed supply chain (SCM), retain stores (SD) in Fiori, and project structure (PS) business areas by eliciting with business owners and developing process documents (e.g. use cases, business process, and SOPs) to support business post-launch.
- Served as a test coordinator/lead who managed communication between vendor IT teams and business owners (primary stakeholders) and presented go/no-go reports at formal project meetings.
QA Lead2017 - 2017Cigniti Technologies - Aecon
Technologies: SAP ECC
- Managed a cross-functional team for automating 700+ SAP regression test cases across all modules of SAP (SD-PS, SCM, FICO, EQP, HR, MM) for Aecon.
- Worked closely with the Aecon project team to understand the business requirements and provided daily/weekly status reports (DRS/WRS).
- Acted as a subject matter expert (all SAP modules) in refactoring the old test cases, and updated them as per the current business process by scheduling walk through sessions with Aecon SAP experts team (ACE team).
- Optimized the testing process and developed 25% additional test scenarios for the upcoming CR transports to validate integration points between SAP and non-SAP applications (i.e. Primavera P6, Hard Dollar, etc.).
- Implemented the BPT framework by contributing 20+ reusable functions in VBScript to support automation test script creation.
- Improved scripting standards by implementing a peer review process on automation test script creation.
- Automated around 40+ test scripts using QTP/UFT, and reviewed over 100+ test scripts.
- Initiated and supported disaster-recovery testing (DR) using the NON-BPT automated regression suite.
QA Specialist2017 - 2017MyPlanet
Technologies: Drupal, PHP
- Carried out exploratory and regression testing during the sprints, and presented summary reports upon completion to the senior leadership team.
- Used agile methodology, designed test strategy/plan for user acceptance testing (UAT) phase for the Hayes & Jarvis travel web applications.
- Delivered a high volume of 450+ complex test scripts covering multiple interfaces and platforms.
- Implemented TestRail (test management tools) for the UAT phase; facilitated the UAT phase by executing and assigned test cases to the business users and coordinated with them to update the test results.
QA Specialist2015 - 2017Oracle - UBS/MUFG (Alternate Fund Services)
Technologies: Java, .Net
- Coordinated with business users to identify core business functionality to define the scope and develop a test strategy.
- Planned and executed lift and shift (data center migration) projects for transitioning 24 integrated applications.
- Participated in designing and documenting test processes and procedures for improving test standards for the UBS/MUFG testing division.
- Onboarded new QA members during lift and shift (data center migration) projects.
QA Specialist2012 - 2015MyPlanet
Technologies: Drupal, PHP
- Managed the QA team in understanding cross-functional testing leverage to increase coverage and reduce test data management issues.
- Communicated identified issues during testing using defect tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Coordinated with cross-functional teams and the security team to ensure application security and audit readiness; enforced all tool standards and policies on all projects during operational tasks.
Senior QA Engineer/Automation Specialist2010 - 2011Ness Technologies - Pearson Clinical
Technologies: Java, .Net
- Estimated and analyzed the manual test scenario for automation and developed execution/creation schedule using MS Visio.
- Coordinated with SMEs during the automated test script development process to gather test data for execution.
- Involved in process improvement activities by identifying the potential pitfalls and developing appropriate action plans.
- Developed test scripts for dynamic web applications using descriptive programming (advance VBScript).
- Implemented and maintained the automation framework by creating and maintaining shared functions libraries and reusable action scripts.
Senior QA Engineer/Automation Specialist2007 - 2010iGATE/Patni Computer Systems Ltd
Technologies: SAP Automation
- Developed functional/regression automated test solutions using HP-QTP/BPT that reduced manual test execution efforts.
- Created reusable manual and scripted components in coordination with functional experts (non-technical SME).
- Served as the single point of contact from the automation team for sales and distribution (SD), finance and control (FICO), and material management (MM) business areas.
- Directed and assisted junior automation testers by providing them appropriate process-related training.
- Performed release regression by executing the automation scripts and reporting application anomalies.