C# Developer in Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTKarius
Technologies: C#, Scala, ASP.NET Core
- Developed the back-end of the internal and customer-facing portals using ASP.NET Core in C#.
- Designed and planned a rewrite of the back-end using domain-driven design (DDD).
- Developed an in-house LIMS system using Scala.
- Built components for a third-party LIMS system in Scala and Python.
Software Developer2010 - PRESENTFreelance Work
Technologies: Python, C#, Django, Xamarin, Azure
- Developed multiple projects which included many different front- and back-end technologies.
- Worked with machine learning, neural networks, and image recognition.
Software Developer2007 - 2014Logec
Technologies: C#, SQL, .NET, Azure, WPF, MVVM
- Created many .NET applications for Windows and other web applications.
- Joe.Systems Free Trade (Development)
This application calculates the preferential origin of export goods based on the free trade agreements between the involved countries.
Currently, the focus is on Switzerland and EU countries. Customers can encompass the application into their current ERP systems using our HTTP/JSON API. The underlying rule system is based on the legal documents and official spreadsheets of the involved free-trade agreements. For the parsing of these documents, natural language and EXCEL parsing are used. The results can be given as JSON and an additional PDF file.
Technology Used: Python, Django, Django REST Framework, PyParsing, PDF, Excel Parsing
- Lagerly (Development)
I've been working on a project in the area of computer vision and warehousing. Using a Raspberry Pi with a camera, movements in front of the camera are registered. Above a specific threshold, videos are recorded for further analysis.
The videos are sent to a server where multiple micro-services will do: enhance the video, extract meaningful pictures, decide the direction of movement, and the category of the object using a trained neural network. A web application will display the results and whether the objects are taken out of the warehousing system or put in.
Technology Used: C#, Python, Cloud, OpenCV, GPUs, Machine Learning, Neural Network
- Logec Mobile (Development)
Our client's software currently allows their clients to efficiently plan and track the maintenance of gravesites and their decorations.
Additional services are often required and the client's customers currently keep track of those changes by printing out lists and keeping notes. Our client wanted the feature to track the changes for each planting more interactively. By deploying the mobile app in conjunction with a desktop app, we enabled the customers to track the planting process more efficiently.
The mobile app for iOS and Android features offline capability, cloud synchronization, and a desktop user interface to check the input data.
Technology Used: C#, Xamarin, IOS, Android, WPF, Cloud, Azure
- Lean Business Model Canvas (Other amazing things)
A small app to track our LEAN business model canvasses more effectively. Data is stored offline using a local NoSQL storage.
- Logec Build Administrator (Development)
An app to connect customer data and corresponding image data. If images are taken in a specific order, the process can also be automated.
Technology Used: C#, WPF, SQL, EF, MVVM
- Ph.D. Dissertation: Computer Simulations (Amber, Gromacs), Linux, Python, Bash (Other amazing things)
During my Ph.D. studies at the Technical University of Munich, I wrote my dissertation: Recognition of UV-induced DNA Damage—A Molecular Dynamics Analysis.
- Australian National University | Exchange Student (Other amazing things)
In 2008 to 2009, I earned a high distinction average while studying physics from the Australian National University based in Canberra, Australia.
FrameworksASP.NET Core, Aurelia, Machine Learning, Materialize CSS, Entity 6, Caffe, Django REST Framework, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET, Django, Electron.js, Bootstrap, Angular
PlatformsAzure, Visual Studio Code, Xamarin, Microsoft Azure Mobile Services, Windows, Linux, NLog, Android
OtherDomain-driven Design (DDD), Physics Simulation, Xamarin Forms, User Interface (UI), RESTful APIs, Neural Networks, Mathematics
Libraries/APIsAutoMapper, OpenCV, Xamarin.Android, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), WinForms
ToolsExcel Reader, xUnit, Mathematica, Git, Gulp.js, Bower
ParadigmsTesting, Continuous Deployment, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Microservices, Asynchronous Programming, Agile, Functional Programming
StorageMySQL, JSON, Azure Websites, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Ph.D. degree in Physics2012 - 2015Technical University of Munich - Munich, Germany
- Master's degree in Physics2005 - 2012University of Bonn - Bonn, Germany