CTO and Lead Developer2014 - PRESENTSquiek
- Completed conceptual work for a metacommunity website that unites huge amounts of social media platforms.
- Established a team of individual contributors that believe in the mission and work on the project in their free time.
- Engineered a search engine that synchronizes MongoDB documents with corresponding ElasticSearch indexes on-the-fly.
- Created a WebSocket proxy using Redis that broadcasts messages to all authorized connected subscribers.
- Built a back-end task management service using Celery that is able to perform potentially long-running actions asynchronously.
- Built a well-organized frontend that separates display and application logic by using Redux as storage-layer and redux-saga for reoccurring workflows like fetching data from the backend API.
- Engineered a lightweight schema and normalizing system that allows performant exchange of data between client and server.
- Created a powerful validation system for backend and frontend to improve UX for one of the most challenging frontend task: building great forms.
- Established a well-working build, test, and deploy chain in Gitlab CI with heavy use of Docker containers.
Lead Front-end Engineer2013 - PRESENTCisco Systems
- Built Asset Management SPA for business clients that want to organize their network-connected devices.
- Supported creating a multi-tenant solution that allows system engineers to spin up new instances in the cloud.
- Organized and conducted questionnaires and tests to get user feedback and discover pain points in the current UX.
- Simplified overly complex workflows by reducing the UI with the essential parts to perform a certain task.
- Helped establish a complex CI solution for a micro-service architecture.
- Mentored and led young front-end engineers to get up to speed quickly and be confident with their daily work.
- Worked as a part-time scrum master to maintain the team spirit and get distractions out of the way.
Founder and Lead Developer2007 - 2014Acama Systems
- Planned and engineered an entire group of specialized travel booking websites.
- Established a performant and periodically running price comparison and search tool.
- Built CMS for a car dealer with automatic SMS notifications that informs clients of purchase updates.
- Created XSLT transformations for complex financial and tax documents to be used for electronic Federal Gazette.
- Built an automated tool on top of Selenium that parses and interacts with web pages for scraping and testing purposes.
- Built a website for a driving school that allows learners to purchase video tutorials for their upcoming driving tests.
Front-end Engineer2012 - 2013Joulex
- Built an SPA for business clients that want to cut energy costs to the bare minimum.
- Developed a customizable reporting tool that generates charts for certain time ranges and sends regular PDF reports via email.
- Improved legacy code base by removing dead code and eliminating unnecessary duplications.
- Introduced automated front-end tests and wired them up in the existing Jenkins CI.
Full Stack Engineer2005 - 2009miobambino GmbH
- Developed an online shop for infant and children clothing.
- Supported building a shirt designer that allows users to arrange custom text and images for printing.
- Created an admin interface for managing purchases and payments.
Full Stack Engineer2005 - 2009fotogena GmbH
- Designed the website for clients of a photography shop.
- Developed a calendar for in-house events.
- Developed a subscription system for clients that want to participate in certain photography events.
- Developed a tool to help organize completed and missing payments.
- Introduced automatic backup solutions for database and web data.