Verified Expert in Engineering
Andrei is an engineering manager at a Toronto-based unicorn. He specializes in full-stack web development with React applications. At his current position, Andrei has made features that power billions of interactions per month for companies such as Zoom and Facebook. In previous roles, he has worked on brokerage software and online ordering platforms for restaurants. An experienced project lead, Andrei brings strong project management skills and excellence to his work.
MacOS, React, Next.js, MongoDB, Node.js, CSS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a white-label ordering platform for restaurants. Over 15,000 restaurants are currently using it to power over 50,000 orders per day!
- Managed the icebreakers and allowed scheduling and editing for teams. As one of the co-founders, I was tasked with maintaining and scaling the application Banter, a digital water cooler talk for Slack.
- Scaled the scheduler from a single instance (using set timeouts and memory storage) to be horizontally scalable using Redis for state management and caching.
- Implemented a LaunchDarkly feature flagging system to allow for flag-based code deployments and A/B testing of features.
Senior Software Developer | Engineering Manager
- Developed the web interface and back end for a bot-building platform that allows for an intuitive drag-and-drop creation of AI-powered chatbots. Used by over 200 clients and over 30 million chatters per month.
- Led a team of five to six developers through four projects, all of which were delivered on time. Oversaw writing technical documents, planning timelines, and implementing features.
- Developed the proactive campaign management suite used to create personalized and proactive messages. The current implementation has increased engagement by over 30%, and over one million customers use it per month.
- Implemented the internal event system for Ada, which is used to record interactions with the chatbot and power the A/B testing platform. Over ten million events have been logged within six months of launch.
Intermediate Software Engineer
- Worked as a lead front-end developer on Ritual One, the white-label ordering platform for merchants. Created the payment, menu, and checkout process supporting Stripe and PayPal. It receives over 50,000 orders per day.
- Headed the feature development for the management portal for over 15,000 merchants. Key projects included the menu ingestion, editing tool, web ordering signup, and onboarding flow.
- Developed a custom content management system (CMS) for non-technical staff to create over 350 web pages in five languages.
- Designed and implemented external and internal tooling for client acquisition resulting in a double increase in leads.
- Architected a database structure with over 30 models. Handled migrations and data integrity audits.
- Performed performance audits that decreased latency on the application by over 30%.
- Ported a client-side history service to the server reducing storage by around 60%.
- Created a delayed messaging protocol for sending scheduled messages.
- Led the migration from AngularJS controllers to React components.
Online Ordering for Restaurantshttps://ritual.co/order/banh-mi-boys-yonge-broadway-toronto/5521
I was working at Ritual in 2020 when the company organized a hackathon to work on a product that we wished Ritual could offer.
With a small team, I spent three days creating a white label application written to use the existing ordering pipeline. This allowed us to expand beyond the typical food ordering third-party experience into a first-party solution.
After the hackathon, I was given a chance to take a leadership role in developing our MVP solution. I oversaw a team of three developers, and we architected the production-ready front end of our project using React and Next.js. I worked with product managers to scope or descope tickets, developed the front-end UI/UX alongside a design team, and built key features, such as the ordering page, item select page, and back-of-house menu building interface.
This product is currently the lead revenue driver for the company.
Redux, Next.js, Angular, AngularJS, NestJS
React, Node.js, Redux-Saga
MacOS, Contentful, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Web Development, Calendars, Railway
MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
University of Victoria - Victoria, Canada