Verified Expert in Engineering
AWS Certified Solution Architect Developer
Anto is an experienced Ruby on Rails developer with over ten years of experience in software engineering. He has a solid background in solution design and architecture, with a strong interest in containerization and microservices. He is a senior engineer in one of Australia's leading platforms revolutionizing aged care and disability services. He has worked on eCommerce, blockchain, finance, and government- and medical-based applications.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Microservices, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Redis, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Ruby
The most amazing...
...application I've architected was built to be scaled and is used by millions of people.
- Worked mainly with the platform and security team on infrastructure and integration-related projects.
- Created an internal application to provide temporary elevated access for AWS SSO users within the organization.
- Engaged with integration projects—from coding to infrastructure setup—using Terraform and SOPS.
Ruby on Rails Architect
- Helped I/O Trak set up an application in Google Cloud Kubernetes from a traditional server-based service.
- Fixed bugs on their Ruby on Rails application and aided in architecting and providing solutions for the future.
- Assisted in setting up the staging environment built and deployed using GitHub Actions.
Senior Software Engineer
- Assisted the product engineer in building a new feature for the finance squad.
- Received a promotion to a team lead role within three months to focus on architecture.
- Migrated the existing EC2-based agent to Kubernetes for scalable CI/CD using GitHub Actions.
Senior Ruby Developer
Reinteractive pty ltd
- Assisted the engineering manager in developing new features for the bespoke eCommerce product.
- Set up CI configuration using Docker and Buildkite for Ruby and Salesforce applications.
- Maintained and developed new features for an online course.
Aeon Media Group
- Assisted the technical director in converting their traditional Rails application deployment and transition to containerized architecture.
- Deployed their application on the AWS EKS cluster from their traditional EC2-based deployment.
- Set up an automated CI/CD pipeline via Buildkite where agents run inside the EKS cluster, helping them reduce the cost of running separate Buildkite agent EC2 servers.
Casual Tutor - Rapid Application Development
- Tutored the Rapid Application Development course, specifically designed to teach undergraduate students at RMIT Ruby on Rails.
- Mentored, taught, conducted examinations, and corrected student papers.
- Formulated the course curriculum in collaboration with the main lecturer.
Ruby Team Lead
- Led the Ruby team consisting of 4-5 engineers.
- Became a Certified AWS Solution Architect Associate (CSA) and Certified Alibaba Cloud Professional (ACP).
- Developed the solution design and development of an internal blockchain project.
- Containerized various projects using ECS and Kubernetes.
- Completed architectural design, documentation, scoping, and the proposal of various projects.
- Upgraded the old Rails application to a more secure and up-to-date version.
- Implemented single sign-on with ADFS and F5 APM using SAML Authentication in a Rails app.
Ruby on Rails Consultant
Leo Cussen Center for Law
- Developed a Spree Commerce framework to build new features as per requested.
- Completed the design changes of the website to use Bootstrap3.
- Updated the existing Elasticsearch algorithm to improve search functionality.
Full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Building4Business Pty Ltd
- Designed the document technical infrastructure as per the stakeholders' requests.
- Completed the back-end development for the product using Rails, RABL, PostgreSQL, and Node.js.
- Found solutions for the scalability issues (Nginx, Cloudflare).
- Completed integration of the payment gateway and subscription system (SecurePay Gateway).
- Assisted with front-end development (CreateJS framework, HTML5 Canvas).
Copyright Bank Pty Ltdhttps://www.copyrightbank.com
StoreConnect: Time well spenthttps://getstoreconnect.com
DayByDay Pty Ltdhttps://daybyday.io
Leo Cussen Center for Law - Spree Storehttps://store.leocussen.edu.au
GraphQL, Ruby, SAML, TypeScript, CSS, SQL, Go, PHP, Python
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby on Rails 4, Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails 3, Angular, Ionic, Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS, Express.io
Ruby on Rails API, REST APIs, Node.js, Sidekiq, EaselJS, Catapult API, CreateJS
RSpec, Docker Compose, Docker Hub, Helm, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, GitLab, ADFS, Salesforce DX, Amazon EKS, Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS ELB, NGINX, Pivotal Tracker, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Cognito, AWS Step Functions
Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Blockchain, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Salesforce, Buildkite, Amazon EC2, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Workato, AWS Lambda
Ruby Gems, SAML-auth, eCommerce, Architecture, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Square, Leadership, CI/CD Pipelines, Containerization, GitHub Actions, NEM, Spree Commerce, Cloudflare, Ruby on Rails 7, AWS Database Migration Service, Single Sign-on (SSO)
PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Alibaba Cloud, MongoDB, MySQL
Master's Degree in Information Technology
RMIT University - Melbourne, Australia
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering
MG University - Kerala, India
Alibaba Cloud Professional
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate