Balint lives on the cutting edge of technology, and has been practicing TDD since before it became popular. He was a classic PHP developer, and has since moved on to Java, Python, and Ruby. Currently, he is in love with Ember.js. He is fascinated by functional programming and also enjoys Clojure.
ITerm, Vim Text Editor
The most amazing...
...software contribution I've made lately is adding a version of a link-to helper in Ember.js.
- Build an ambitious web app with Ember.js that I can't say anything about yet :).
Rails & Ember.js Developer
- Helped develop a couple of Ember.js apps for insurance companies.
- Held an Ember.js "Up & Running" workshop at Eurucamp, Berlin for ~25 people.
- Held a 1-day, intensive Ember.js training session for 3 developers.
- Created a 7-piece screencast series called "Build an Ember.js app".
- Started an email list and expanded it from 0 to 400 subscribers in 5 months. Created and sent out content every Wednesday.
Secret Sauce Partners, Inc.
- Created Fit Predictor, an app to find a shopper's best fit in seconds using data mining techniques on data that retailers already have, without the need for physical measurements. Launched in 8 global markets including the US. Proved the technology using A/B testing to increase conversion and reduce returns. Implemented Fit Predictor to be omni-channel, supporting 1400+ brands and over 1 million shoppers.
- Created a site built on fetching and processing financial data on the back-end as a periodic job and displaying it to the user on a nice UI (http://quaestorial.com/).
- Created a small addendum handling ticket management (http://www.stagehq.com/).
- Worked on several projects, including http://www.blogads.com, the US market-leading blog advertising software. Developed new features and handled day-to-day maintenance.
- Tutored a Python course for fellow developers.
- Implemented an algorithm to find the earliest time slot for a specific ad on a specific blog.
Lotus Notes Developer
Hungarian State Treasury
- Built a Lotus Notes application from scratch for a government program supporting NGOs.
Java Desktop Application Developer
Hotel d'Entitats Tarragona
- Built a Java app for a political campaign capable of being run from a CD.
- Developed and maintained Logitech's e-shop and several other online shops as part of a small team.
- Started at Ericsson as an intern and was promoted to a Part Time Developer position.
- Developed protocol simulators.
BlogAds (blogads.com) backendhttp://web.blogads.com/
Web developer for Fit Predictor (fitpredictor.com)http://fit-predictor.com/
Web shop development for Logitech
Freelancer Rails developerhttp://balinterdi.com
Ember.js developer, trainer & consultanthttp://balinterdi.com
Curator of an Ember.js newsletter
The 8 Most Common Mistakes That Ember.js Developers Make
A Guide to Building Your First Ember.js App
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ember.js
Lotus Notes, Vim Text Editor, ITerm
Writing & Editing
Devise, GitHub API, Twitter API
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development, Functional Programming
PostgreSQL, SQLite, Redis, ZODB, MySQL, MongoDB
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Budapest University of Technology - Budapest, Hungary