Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineer and Software Developer
Baptiste has been a software engineer since 2016, specializing in data since 2017. His primary skill is the Python language. Baptiste also has a good understanding of data architectures within startups where he had the chance to participate in many projects, such as building a data lake and a data warehouse on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), implementing an Amplitude product analysis with Amplitude, and synchronizing the application data with HubSpot.
MacOS, SQL, Docker, Git, Python
The most amazing...
...project I've designed and implemented is a data architecture for a B2B marketplace startup with thousands of clients.
- Took technical leadership on legacy Airflow and Python codebase.
- Synchronized hundreds of thousands of clients between HubSpot and the data warehouse.
- Synchronized hundreds of thousands of clients between Totango and the data warehouse.
- Managed and developed data pipelines with Python for hundreds of thousands of clients spread around the world and dealt with hundreds of millions of records per table in our database.
- Took care of the exchanges with the stakeholders from other departments, such as marketing or customer success.
- Created multiple dashboards with Apache Superset for C-level management and product owners.
- Configured multiple Airflow production, pre-production, and development environments using Docker and Docker Compose.
- Configured multiple Apache Superset production and pre-production environments using Docker and Docker Compose.
- Configured GitLab CI/CD for Airflow to automatically deploy on production, pre-production, and demo environments.
- Reviewed SQL slow queries to optimize performance using fine-tuning and indexing.
Back-end Software Engineer
- Developed multiple new features using Django and Python.
- Created multiple new features successfully and efficiently using React.
- Designed and implemented a scaling data architecture with a data lake and data warehouse for a B2B marketplace with thousands of clients.
- Developed Python microservices to ingest events from RabbitMQ to store them in Google Cloud Storage.
- Configured GitLab CI/CD to deploy Airflow on Heroku.
- Developed data pipelines with Airflow to retrieve and send data from a product PostgreSQL database to Google Cloud Storage.
- Developed data pipelines with Airflow to retrieve data clean and transform them from Google Cloud Storage so that it can be used easily by Google BigQuery.
- Designed and implemented product analytics for the product team using Amplitude analytics.
- Learned and implemented Python and Flask projects from scratch.
- Learned and implemented React projects from scratch.
- Implemented data scientist's and neural network models into Python microservices.
- Transformed raw data using Spark Scala to gain insight from bike stations' raw data.
- Transformed raw data using the Hive Query Language (HiveQL) for a French food company Dauna.
- Implemented data pipelines with Apache NiFi for a French food company Daucy.
- Taught data pipeline design and implementation with Apache NiFi.
Junior Software Engineer
- Fixed and improved a legacy code base with a few hundreds of thousands of lines of code related to commercials for a leading French TV channel, TF1, to adapt to the complexity of French law.
- Built a monitoring stack using Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana for the professional branch of the leading French telecom, Orange, to detect issues in daily data pipelines.
- Implemented features with AngularJS for the leading French telecom, Orange.
Designing a Data Lake for a Startup
Apache Airflow, Git, Pytest, Shell, RabbitMQ
Data Engineering, Back-end, Architecture, APIs, Containerization, Google BigQuery, CI/CD Pipelines
ETL, Business Intelligence (BI), REST
Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Linux
PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines, Databases, Google Cloud Storage, JSON, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
Django, Flask, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Swagger
Master's Degree in Computer Science
University of Rennes 1 - Rennes, France
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring