Basil is an enthusiastic, experienced solution architect, tech designer, and software engineer with a strong background in Java, web, and blockchain tech stacks. Since 2005, he has successfully applied technology to create digital solutions in the US, Israel, Hong Kong, Korea, Australia, Germany, and Estonia. Basil has built bridges between stakeholders and tech teams since his professional career. He loves it and is quite successful.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Slack, Git, Trello, Jira, Ubuntu, MacOS, Unix
The most amazing...
...project I've co-developed is a distributed storage solution, featuring advanced security, reliability, and speed.
- Actively supported the blockchain team in increasing efficiency and work quality by organizing teamwork, educating team members, contributing to development process policies, and helping hire new team members.
- Educated team members by employing pair programming sessions, comprehensive code reviews, and audits to ensure constant team growth and the highest quality of deliverables.
- Brought strong leadership, helped design the technical vision, developed core on-chain architecture, and helped hire core blockchain team members during the earliest stage of the project.
- Designed, implemented, and released into the Ethereum mainnet Illuvium Land ERC721 token and Land Sale protocol, featuring a combined L1/L2 real-time Dutch Auction token sale, where tokens are bought in L1 Ethereum and minted in the L2 ImmutableX network.
- Designed, implemented, and released into the L1 Ethereum mainnet and L2 ImmutableX network ERC20 and ERC721 tokens, modeling the in-game assets in Illuvium Overworld and Autobattler.
- Helped to design, implement, and release into the Ethereum mainnet Illuvium Staking, Yield Farming, and Vesting protocols.
- Designed, implemented, and released into the Ethereum mainnet Illuvium ERC20 token (ILV).
- Designed and implemented the ERC20 token with the built-in vesting scheme (linear unlocking mechanism).
- Led the blockchain team, organized teamwork, and set up development processes to ensure the highest quality of deliverables.
- Developed in 2017-2018 and created the Intelligent NFT (iNFT) protocol on-chain architecture without proxies based on design patterns for modular on-chain architecture.
- Designed the Alethea ERC20 token (ALI), featuring a uniquely rich feature set: meta transactions support (EIP-2612 and EIP-3009), ERC-1363 payable token standard support, voting delegation, and unlimited approvals support.
- Designed the “Tiny ERC721” optimization, leveraging the “tiny” 32-bit NFT ID space and allowing four times gas savings when minting NFTs. Tiny ERC721 is a base for all NFT implementations within the protocol.
- Implemented and released into the Ethereum mainnet the intelligent NFT (iNFT) protocol, including Alethea ERC20 token (ALI), Personality Pod ERC721 token (POD), other auxiliary ERC721 tokens, and smart helper contracts.
- Designed a highly scalable blockchain platform featuring distributed transactions, simple and non-Turing complete smart contracts, decentralized storage, and messaging.
- Designed a secure messenger, tightly integrated with the blockchain platform, a blockchain-based payment system, and a decentralized identity solution (DID).
- Created and prototyped a decentralized identity (DID) solution and designed a blockchain-based payment platform.
- Designed and prototyped a decentralized messenger platform featuring a dark mode of operation (Post Snowden Web).
- Contributed significantly to better communication and mutual understanding between stakeholders, product and project managers, developers, and QAs.
- Significantly helped the CTO in research and communication and influenced decisions. Was, de facto, the CTO's right hand.
- Applied Amazon ECS and Docker to deploy and run application builds in AWS.
- Developed a flexible technical design approach for a modular on-chain architecture based on a custom-developed access control smart contract. It quickly became a design pattern for modular, smart, contract-based protocols.
- Designed and implemented the ERC721 game from the ground up. Resolved technical issues that existed in ERC721-based decentralized games at that time. Created several design patterns for Ethereum-based smart contracts.
- Helped to significantly optimize development costs by cutting off unnecessary technical complexity, leaving only feature-rich stuff, and maintaining the highest quality of implementation.
- Successfully mentored teams of two to five people on various projects for customers worldwide.
- Participated in and significantly improved the talent interviewing process, making it better and more effective.
- Prototyped and created PoC solutions for several project ideas related to blockchain, chatbots, mobile, and many others.
- Played a key role in several negotiations with potential clients, resulting in long-term contracts, CML profitability, and clients' successful achievements.
- Supervised blockchain-related and back-end-related (Java) directions in the team.
- Applied Amazon Lambda and Alexa Skills Kit to develop custom skills for an Amazon Alexa integration with a music chatbot.
Senior Java Developer
- Improved, optimized, and fixed bugs in existing modules of the powerful feature-rich eCommerce platform.
- Helped other teammates actively with their tasks and mentored them.
- Significantly improved the onboarding process for new customers of the platform, and their UX experience, leading to a multifold increase in sales.
Senior Software Engineer
- Participated in the design and implementation of the project from scratch in Java.
- Redesigned, prototyped, and reimplemented the project from scratch in Go.
- Significantly improved the platform performance and user experience by developing new features and improving existing ones.
- Worked on-site with the client to gather requirements and estimated development efforts.
- Participated in resource management, development, and delivery and provided production support.
CryptoMiner World: ERC721-based Decentralized Game by Sophophilia Studioshttps://cryptominerworld.com
Helped to significantly optimize the development costs by cutting off unnecessary technical complexity, leaving only feature-rich items, and maintaining the highest quality of implementation.
My responsibilities in CryptoMiner World included:
* Technical design, prototyping
* Smart contracts design, prototyping, and implementation
* Web3 integration (during the initial phase of the project)
* Code review
I was in charge of modeling a property as an ERC721 token with its transition from seller to buyer with off-chain participation of a notary and Courtney clerk. ERC721 token implementation allowed to perform the entire operation with four signatures in a single transaction.
I participated in the technical design of the blockchain portion, smart contract design and implementation, and web3 integration (Java), REST API (Java, Spring).
Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Truffle, Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit, Flutter, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Swing, Spring JDBC, JSF, ASP, Apache Struts, Mockito, Netty, JNI, JPA, Windows PowerShell, Spring Microservice
jQuery, Web3.js, REST APIs, JAX-RS, JDBC, Node.js, Telegram Messenger API, AWT, SAX, Java Native Access (JNA), JMS, Google Geocoding API, Azure Cognitive Services, Telegram Bot API, Facebook Messenger API, ODBC, Liquibase
IntelliJ IDEA, Apache Maven, Ganache, Apache HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, Subversion (SVN), Git, Mercurial, Trello, Jira, InstallAnywhere, IBM Watson, Flyway, Visual Studio, Xcode, Interactive Disassembler (IDA), Hopper Disassembler, Sublime Text, Toad, CVS, bzr, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, Confluence, Slack
RESTful Development, Concurrent Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Imperative Programming, Pair Programming, API Architecture, Procedural Programming, Automated Testing, Agile Software Development, Waterfall Development, REST, Microservices, Microservices Architecture
Blockchain, J2SE, Jakarta EE, Ethereum, Windows, MS-DOS, MacOS, Blockchain Platforms, Unix, Ubuntu, Java EE, AWS Lambda, Amazon Alexa, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Oracle Database, Linux, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon EC2
JSON, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, H2, PL/SQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), RDBMS, Oracle RDBMS
APIs, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Smart Contracts, Prototyping, Architecture, Decentralized Applications, Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO), Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT), Solution Architecture, Technical Design, Proof of Concept (POC), ERC-20, ERC-721, ERC-221, ERC-1155, ERC-827, Cryptocurrency, Computer Science, Hardhat, Technical Writing, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), Software Architecture, Code Review, Source Code Review, Interviewing, Technical Hiring, Web Services, Full-stack, Distributed Systems, Technical Architecture, System Architecture, Cryptography, Public-key Cryptography, Cryptocurrency APIs, Cryptocurrency Payments, Cryptocurrency Wallets, Applied Research, Immutable X, Simulations, Leadership, Project Leadership, Technical Leadership, Task Analysis, Amazon Echo, Web 3.0, Applets, DOM, Digital Signatures, RMI, Ajax, Ant, Microsoft Azure, WebLogic, Unix Shell Scripting, Chatbots, Enterprise Architecture, RESTful Microservices, Cryptographic Protocols, Applied Cryptography, Cryptocurrency Development, Cryptocurrency Exchanges, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Research, Science, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Ethers.js, Polygon, Foundry, Security Audits, Team Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, CTO, Team Management, Distributed Team Management, Software Project Management, IT Project Management
Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics and Physics
Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University) (MIPT) - Moscow, Russian Federation
Cryptography I by DAN BONEH – Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction