Sr. DevOps Architect2015 - PRESENTAlliance Health
Technologies: Puppet, Ansible, VMware, Amazon AWS, Ruby, Rails, Docker
- Transitioned and consolidated VMware environment while improving stability and security.
- Architected repeatable and secure AWS solution for holding PCI and HIPAA information.
- Architected and implemented Puppet based automation environment for use across the enterprise.
- Mentored junior engineers and other teams on VMware and AWS best practices and design.
- Deployed Kubernetes based docker cluster in AWS to increase developer productivity (in progress).
Cloud Architect2014 - 2015Lightstream Managed Services
Technologies: AWS, VMware, Puppet, Ruby
- Worked to design and deliver infrastructure solutions based on Amazon AWS infrastructure.
- Worked to design and deliver automation solutions based on Puppet Open Source.
Senior Cloud Engineer2013 - 2014ViaWest
Technologies: VMware, Ruby, vCloud, Cisco UCS
- Managed and maintained VMware vCloud Director installations for public cloud installation.
- Managed and maintained multi-tenant vSphere infrastructure.
- Worked with customers to troubleshoot and resolve any day-to-day issues.
- Built several diverse lab environments to teach other engineers as well as research new products and tools.
- Managed Cisco UCS multi-fabric environment with virtualized and bare metal workloads.
Datacenter Engineer2013 - 2013World Wide Technology
Technologies: VMware, Cisco UCS, NetApp
- Designed and deployed solutions for various customers based on NetApp FlexPod design.
- As a VMware Expert trained and mentored other members of the team on VMware technology.
- Performed information gathering and preliminary design on complex multi-vendor solutions.
Sr. Technical Support Engineer2010 - 2013VMware
Technologies: VMware, Ruby, Rails
- As an Escalation Engineer worked to solve complicated cases often involving multiple vendors and critical customer situations.
- Provided back-line assistance to Tier 1 and Tier 2 engineers.
- Specialized in supporting customers in federal environments, often solving problems remotely.
- Created Ruby On Rails based customer management tool for business critical support teams to augment and automate reporting on data from the salesforce.
VMware Administrator2009 - 2010Raytheon (Subcontractor)
- As a VMware engineer focused on maintaining the stability, reliability, and performance.
- Implemented several isolated infrastructures supporting 3 spacecraft missions for NASA.
- Implemented performance tweaks and design optimization as part of ongoing project operations.
- Implemented VMware systems to update existing infrastructure and new infrastructure for future NASA missions.
- Worked with project stakeholders to develop stable platforms to meet strict project requirements across disciplines.
Systems Administrator2007 - 2009RNB Technologies
Technologies: Windows, Unix, Linux, VMware
- Performed Microsoft Windows administration tasks.
- Performed administrative tasks on Sun Solaris and other Linux distributions.
- Maintained BIND Authoritative and Caching DNS servers.
- Maintained Postfix based Mail Relay servers.
- Designed Enterprise class syslog system using syslog-ng.